Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bring Back Pre-Legion Starfall for BfA!

Since I hear Blizzard are looking to give classes more unique abilities again, and potentially undoing some of the ability pruning they did for Legion, this is a great opportunity to voice my want for having Starfall back, the way it was before Legion.

This is the single most disliked class change to me in the game; I loved the 3 charge, rain down stars on everything in 40 yards Starfall! Turning it into yet another targeted circle AoE is incredibly boring. If you still want the gameplay of choosing single-target (Starsurge) or multi (Starfall) for spending your AP, just turn that into Hurricane, which was removed anyway, and give us proper Starfall back.

Well i want insect swarm back instead of sun fire, it fits as hitting many close to the targets , its insects anyway

xXx English is not my first language xXx

I think its one of those changes Boomy really needs but I doubt blizz is gonna fix it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I think its one of those changes Boomy really needs but I doubt blizz is gonna fix it
    because its one of those changes that were worse than permanent 40yd range bursting shot/ dragon breath / barrage

Came back to the game recently and mained another class, that's how much I dislike boomkin changes. Been playing my druid since 2010.

I actually love the current version of boomkins, and especially starfall. Don't get me wrong, the previous passive hit everything version was unique, and had moments of fun, but the control you have with the current version wins for me by a mile.

Remember starfall used to be an "ultimate" ability in which the hero say "fuck it, I am destroy your base, and your peon, and your footman, and your archer along with it".
    Now it is some ASP dump that you can stack 3 on top of each other.

But it is still miles better than the "smallest earth quake ever" ultimate that shaman got.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Balance currently again and havent played it since Cataclysm. How was Starfall prior to Legion?
    Last edited by Dalheim; 2017-11-17 at 09:06 AM.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    It was changed for pvp reasons so that the opponent can actually see where the starfall begins and ends.
    This is not gonna be changed back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    I play Balance currently again and havent played it since Cataclysm. How was Starfall prior to Legion?
    When used it simply hit everything in a huge radius around you, i.e. moving with you in the center rather than being cast at a location. It was notorious for indiscriminately hitting CCed mobs or pulling extras from gods know where. Starfall pulling was quite the meme for the longest time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    It was skill-less, non-interactive, and totally forgettable visually.

Deleted
    I loved it. Mainly for running through old content though! I don't think nowadays starfall is really much more skillful either because the range is massive anyway. There are very few situations where you have to be precise with placement.

It was just a very unique AoE now it just feels very generic even with the empowering dots mechanic.

I think that they just need to replace the useless 'fury of elune' talent with one that makes starfall:

1) not have initial cost

2) travel with the druid, with the same range it has now

3) drain 10 astral power per second

4) do the same dmg as it does now, but 3x as much to targets affected by your dots

5) have a 1m cooldown

It'll p. much bring old starfall back as an option for those that wanted it; I happen to be one who does want it. And let's face it, the deadly lazer was dead on arrival anyway so this'll just give druids one more viable max level talent.

Balance rotation, mainly ST, is pretty dull. I have no idea why they ever took out Shooting Stars proc, the bracers kind of act as that proc right now.

A 15% chance on Sunfire Crit to grant a free Starsurge and 15% chance on Moonfire Crit to grant a free Starfall. And to prevent Throne of Thunder clown fiesta, add in a formula that has diminishing returns per target added with dots. For example with 2 targets you would only get 7.5% extra chance total, 3rd target would give 3.75% and so on.

Deleted
    Well, they could make it work the way it worked in wod when glyphed + giving us a talent to make it work like wod when not glyphed. wouldn't be overpowered or annoying to use in an environment with cc'd mobs.

the legion starfall is absolute trash and not fun at all.

But then you cant run & cast while standing in your starfall

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    But then you cant run & cast while standing in your starfall
    idc about that. it's a stupid mechanic and shouldn't be possible in the first place.

Legion Starfall finally felt good to me again, especially after HFC's Archimonde trinket made it a complete joke.

I'd absolutely hate to see it go back to that joke of a skill again, completely overtuned in any applicable encounter.

Deleted
    I have posted it somewhere allready:

In my opinion the Owln needs some deeper look.
    Why does the class need so many spells that are a copy of one allready existing druid spell:

Starfire and Wrath are basically the same, they are only speratred by casttime yet we need to use them both inside our rotation but do basically the same.
    Moonfire and Sunfire are identical, they even share the same animation.
    Fullmoon is a build in wrath with 2 starfires nothing special, really.
    Barkskin and Ironbark are ... the same pretty much.
    Rejuvation and Lifebloom are also working exactly the same.

Granted each spell has some tiny little difference that however doesn't make much of a difference.

Starfall is yet another issue, I'd like to have the BC version back, where the stars are itself doing AoE damage and thus are extremely potent on densly packed groupes.

I also kinda miss hurricane to be honest.

Deleted
    if your main gripe is about the ground target of starfall, just create a macro with (at)player. That will cast starfall without targeting, with you as the center.
    (god damn it, even an (at) sign is detected as link?)