Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Considering how aged the current system is, it's definitely more than that, but yeah they have more than enough internal testing to get this properly tested before hitting PTR (which I'm sure has already been done).
    I am sorry, but did you ever have to watch a movie about the area you have experience in, in which every five minutes they said or did something completely stupid because they don't know any better? That's what you are doing now. Seriously, stop talking about things you don't understand. I mean it in as friendly a manner as I can. I am not talking about camel mating because I know precious little about it, could you please not talk about the code for the same reason?

Yes, the code is old. So what. Developers rework often-visited parts of the code all the time. Your "considering how aged the current system is, it's definitely more than that" is just stupid. Yes, the project started a long time ago. Yes, perhaps a couple of places haven't been touched for years (in 99% of the cases because they aren't important and there was no need to touch them). No, that doesn't mean that adding scaling to zones in the old world is "definitely" more than anything. (Not talking about the details which are perhaps somewhat different than in the post that you reply to - but that's not important, the post that you reply to conveys the idea that this is not a lot of work clearly enough, and this is pretty certainly true.)
    Last edited by rda; 2017-11-16 at 10:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am excited to see how much longer we will need to level our chars from 1-110

Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    I am excited to see how much longer we will need to level our chars from 1-110
    To be honest, questing in a zone at its intended level means that you can chain-pull and AOE mobs by the dozen, after level 10 or so. This might not change (or, rather, I'd be afraid to mess with it if I was Blizzard, because that *is* pretty involved, the main obstacle is perhaps that the specs are very imbalanced before max-level).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    To be honest, questing in a zone at its intended level means that you can chain-pull and AOE mobs by the dozen, after level 10 or so. This might not change (or, rather, I'd be afraid to mess with it if I was Blizzard, because that *is* pretty involved, the main obstacle is perhaps that the specs are very imbalanced before max-level).
    didnt they say they want to nerve the account wide items because they are so op?
    I can remember he said that the ep boost will stay but stats will be reduced

Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    didnt they say they want to nerve the account wide items because they are so op?
    I can remember he said that the ep boost will stay but stats will be reduced
    As I say, questing in a zone at its intended level means that you can chain-pull and AOE mobs by the dozen. Without heirlooms.

For what it's worth, those incompatible PTR servers don't seem to be running 7.3.5 just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    For what it's worth, ...

Hah.

Feeling strangely tempted to send a buck or two to the owners of this forum as a thank you. It isn't often that I am feeling that way...

10+ Year Old Account

Hah.

Feeling strangely tempted to get this badge as a thank you to this forum. It isn't often that I am feeling that way...
    I thought it was really nice, and the price is really good for a yearly subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Draedarr View Post
    I thought it was really nice, and the price is really good for a yearly subscription
    Yeah, it is. For the many many hours of entertainment I've gotten from MMO-C (and specifically the hype threads) it's probably fair to give something back. And having no ads on mobile significantly improves site performance too.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2017-11-16 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    But Legion had a fairly long alpha?
    wrong! legion didnt had an alpha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    Legion did have an alpha, which was halted during christmas holidays in 2015 and came back in January 2016, and lasted a few months before going to beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    These posts disagree with you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it is. For the many many hours of entertainment I've gotten from MMO-C (and specifically the hype threads) it's probably fair to give something back. And having no ads on mobile significantly improves site performance too.
    From what I've heard in this thread and the 7.0 thread, the hype threads are usually a pain in the a$$ on the technical side. So I'm tempted to go for the premium as well since I did contribute a bit with the post count. (on some hype days i got over 200 quotes)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

There are more pieces in a tier set than there are Azerite items. Saying that Azerite items are now replacing tier set bonuses leaves extra gear slots. These gear slots are now going to be filled with +5 ilvl items. That's what makes it one more move away from player control / targeting to RNG. There's no more targeting for these slots, you pick what rolls highest.
    That's a move away from RNG. You no longer have to target a specific item and hope that it drops and rolls high enough to be an upgrade, but can find decent gear everywhere. Targetting makes RNG have more impact, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    From what I've heard in this thread and the 7.0 thread, the hype threads are usually a pain in the a$$ on the technical side. So I'm tempted to go for the premium as well since I did contribute a bit with the post count. (on some hype days i got over 200 quotes)
    Same, I'll probably take that premium thing in the coming weeks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Same, I'll probably take that premium thing in the coming weeks.
    I was disappointed to find that your signature doesn't link to this: https://imgur.com/t72MgQn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's a move away from RNG. You no longer have to target a specific item and hope that it drops and rolls high enough to be an upgrade, but can find decent gear everywhere. Targetting makes RNG have more impact, not less.
    Think we came to a conclusion yesterday that only time will tell if this is objectively a good or bad change for the game, since some people like it and some don't.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

So 8.0 on the incompatible servers then?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    So 8.0 on the incompatible servers then?
    If only.

If only.
    No 7.3.5, process of elimination...????????????? ASSUAGE MY FEARS PARROT

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    No 7.3.5, process of elimination...????????????? ASSUAGE MY FEARS PARROT
    It's just another 7.3.2 build, just older for some reason.