Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump had tweeted, multiple times, about a major announcement about his time in Asia.

He had nothing.

Instead of announcing any new trade deals, defense alliances, or...well, anything, Trump detailed the tours he took as if it was a vacation, then fumbled around looking for water. Twice.
    Well, apparently Kim Jong-un has "Sentenced Trump to death".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ng-kim-jong-un

What do you say @Skroe and others? After we're done with Donny Dumbass Deplorable Dump, should we hand him over to Kim? Maybe his execution could start the negotiations he so "claimed" he wanted! ;P

((Hey Dumpsters, it's a joke. I don't want North Korea to execute Dumbass Dump. There, now I've in included the token line so that Ransath, Penguin and all the rest of the deplorables don't get all upset and pretend like I'm not joking. >_<))
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2017-11-15 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    LOL! This asshole.

I was wondering the behind the scenes and honestly why Trump helped. Much speculation but this asshole needs praise all the time.
    It speaks volumes about him. One of the first things he does after coming back isn't to get to work, it isn't to get in meetings with staff, it isn't to deal with the dumpster fire that is the GOP right now Moore and the tax bills. It's to get on Twitter and whine about how nobody is praising him for doing...something? to get those kids released.

Because in the end, everything is about him and how great he is.

Trump had tweeted, multiple times, about a major announcement about his time in Asia.

He had nothing.

Instead of announcing any new trade deals, defense alliances, or...well, anything, Trump detailed the tours he took as if it was a vacation, then fumbled around looking for water. Twice.
    I think he made fun of Rubio for reaching for water.

Nothing more Trumpian than him talking shit and he does same dumb shit in the future.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

"3. Sessions said he has never lied to — or intentionally misled — Congress about his knowledge of contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian officials.

Sessions said that when he denied at his January confirmation hearing that he had any contact with Russian officials, he understood the question from Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., to be whether he was having ongoing contact with Russians in his role as a Trump campaign surrogate."
    This is still the biggest bunch of crap that's ever been slung. Not since "You didn't build that" has parsing language been abused to such a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    This is still the biggest bunch of crap that's ever been slung. Not since "You didn't build that" has parsing language been abused to such a degree.
    Not to mention all of his qualifiers along the lines of "to the best of my recollection at the time."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Not to mention all of his qualifiers along the lines of "to the best of my recollection at the time."
    Let me clarify.

The idea that Sessions in his original testimony intended to say that he'd never met with any Russian officials ever is preposterous. It was clearly in reference to the communications between the Trump campaign and Russia that Al Franken referenced in his question.

Sessions' answer at the most recent questioning:
    "I want to repeat it Mr. Chairman, but I hope the congressman knows and and I hope all of you know, that my answer to that question 'I did not meet with the Russians,' was explicitly responding to the shocking suggestion that I as a surrogate was meeting on a continuing basis with Russian officials and the implication was to impact the campaign in some sort of nefarious way."

Only by taking a hyper-literal interpretation and ignoring context can you lay an accusation against him.

This same sort of attack came from the right in regards to Obama, who said:
    "If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business – you didn't build that."

Clearly Obama is referring to the teachers and the American system, and the roads and bridges when he said, "You didn't build that." Only by taking a hyper-literal interpretation that ignores context can you say that business owners didn't create their own businesses.

It's parsing language to score political points, and I think it's indicative of a decay in our political discourse.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2017-11-16 at 12:06 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Let me clarify.

The idea that Sessions in his original testimony intended to say that he'd never met with any Russian officials ever is preposterous. It was clearly in reference to the communications between the Trump campaign that Al Franken referenced in his question.

Sessions answer at the most recent questioning:
    "I want to repeat it Mr. Chairmen, but I hope the congressmen knows and and I hope all of you know, that my answer to that question "I did not meet with the Russians," was explicitly responding to the shocking suggestion that I as a surrogate was meeting on a continuing basis with Russian officials and the implication was to impact the campaign in some sort of nefarious way."

Only by taking a hyper-literal interpretation and ignoring context can you lay an accusation against him.

This same sort of attack came from the right in regards to Obama, who said:
    "If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business – you didn't build that."

Clearly Obama is referring to the teachers and the American system, and the roads and bridges when he said, "You didn't build that." Only by taking a hyper-literal interpretation that ignores context can you say that business owners didn't create their own businesses.

It's parsing language to score political points, and I think it's indicative of a decay in our political discourse.
    Then you didn't watch the entire hearing, or, frankly, read any of the transcripts. Because, while I don't grant you your point, even if I did, Sessions lied a great many other times about other issues directly related to Russian meetings, including saying he wasn't in a meeting, and then remembering that he actually chaired it.

I get you want to be fair. Just be fair entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    My favorite recent tweet was this one:

Note the date.
    Oh Geezus! I swear this idiot. I really hope he is senile.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

LOL! This asshole.

I was wondering the behind the scenes and honestly why Trump helped. Much speculation but this asshole needs praise all the time.
    Only thing he likes better than praise is feeling sorry for himself for not getting enough praise.

But for real, it's literally the need felt by a clinical narcissist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I'd argue that solar will boom despite trump. Unless if his energy pick (rick perry) makes rules against residential solar.
    He is investing billions into coal instead... while China is subsidizing solar cell production, we are subsidizing coal.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He is investing billions into coal instead... while China is subsidizing solar cell production, we are subsidizing coal.
    For more fun, we're removing regulations while doing so. China removed coal, because it was causing pollution, sickness, and death. The GOP wants to add it back.

Good thing they can't control a world full of market forces. Coal is not economically viable.

- - - Updated - - -

War hero John McCain lays out a logical, reasonable argument against the State Dept hiring freeze.

Basically, not only have diplomats dropped by about 50%, but nobody's being promoted into high-end open spots, and nobody's being hired.

This means, even if someone comes in at 2020 and fills EVERYTHING, nobody has experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    For more fun, we're removing regulations while doing so. China removed coal, because it was causing pollution, sickness, and death. The GOP wants to add it back.

Good thing they can't control a world full of market forces. Coal is not economically viable.
    Imagine if GOP got away with taxing the shit out of internet sales, like they were trying to do when online retailers started to grow. If GOP had their way, it wouldn’t be US leading the Internet age. Just like we are not leading the clean energy boom. Remember, progressive is just as bad as liberal...

- - - Updated - - -

Okey... this is just ridiculous... I go to find a link to the stupid shit GOP proposed in the 90s... to land on this:

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/34...rnet-sales-tax

Trump reopens fight on internet sales tax
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump reopens fight on internet sales tax
    Old news, but yeah, Trump decided to make a big deal about "internet taxes" which...um...are...something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Old news, but yeah, Trump decided to make a big deal about "internet taxes" which...um...are...something?
    You blink and you miss it. I had no clue he was even bringing that stupid fight again. A sales tax on all internet purchases screws the consumer and stifles an industry that facilitates small business. States that have sales tax, already pay online sales tax. Been that way in WA, as long as I can remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, does anyone remember Trump's Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross, the one mentioned in the Paradise Papers?

No? Just me? Aww...

Anyhow, turns out, he's about as corrupt as they come.

1) First of all, those Paradise Papers show Ross is holding a large stake in a shipping company, Navigator Holdings, while being Secretary of Commerce.
    1a) Of course the shipping company has ties to Russia.

2) And he's just been sued because he allegedly stole up to $48 million by taking management fees he shouldn't have.
    2a) The people suing him are his former colleagues. He stole from the people at his own investment firm.

3) He also apparently was until recently owner of a New York City apartment he bought for $18 million.
    3a) Which he sold for $16 million.
    3b) Secretary of Commerce, ladies and gentlemen.

4) He dropped off the Forbes list entirely, because he lied to Forbes about how much he was worth to the tune of three billion dollars. Specifically, he said he was worth $3.7 billion, and he's worth $0.7 billion.
    4a) Because he counted his investor's money as his own.
    4b) Because being on the Forbes list turned his wife on.
    4c) That's his third wife, in case you're keeping score.
    4d) Hey, did you know he was once married to the Lt. Gov of New York? Yeah, in 1998 he was married to Besty Ross -- you can't make this shit up -- when she was running for Governor. He pledged $2.25 million to her campaign. Then, in September, withdrew the funding and filed for divorce in November.

5) Naturally, Democrats have demanded an investigation, as Forbes writes probably chortling with glee.
    5a) They cite Ross claimed he transferred his assets to a trust. Evidently, he lied to both Congress and the OGE about that.
    5b) His own staff ratted him out.

6) And you know how Trump loves coal, but hates regulations? Ross too! He was part owner of the coal mine that fucking exploded and killed twelve people and got sued for it.

I'll just let Forbes write the conclusion:

“Forbes is confident it has found the answer: That money never existed. It seems clear that Ross lied to us, the latest in an apparent sequence of fibs, exaggerations, omissions, fabrications and whoppers that have been going on with Forbes since 2004. In addition to just padding his ego, Ross’ machinations helped bolster his standing in a way that translated into business opportunities. And based on our interviews with 10 former employees at Ross’ private equity firm, WL Ross & Co., who all confirmed parts of the same story line, his penchant for misleading extended to colleagues and investors, resulting in millions of dollars in fines, tens of millions refunded to backers and numerous lawsuits.”
    Only the finest people.

Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...om-africa.html

The Trump administration on Wednesday announced that it will issue permits for elephant trophies from Zambia and Zimbabwe, reversing a 2014 ban under President Obama.
    First and foremost he is an asshole for allowing the importation of elephant trophies. Of course this is a reversal of an Obama act. That all that counts.

First and foremost he is an asshole for allowing the importation of elephant trophies. Of course this is a reversal of an Obama act. That all that counts.
    All that, all while having the bonus effect of pleasing his anti-semetic deplorable douchebag spawnlings as well. >_<

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

The Trump administration on Wednesday announced that it will issue permits for elephant trophies from Zambia and Zimbabwe, reversing a 2014 ban under President Obama.
    Clearly part of the "Make America Great Again" agenda....somehow.

Then again, he's been elected to represent the people of Pittsburgh, not the elephant in Zambia.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2017-11-16 at 02:51 PM.

At least Trump Jr. will be happy. And no, the leopard is not sleeping comfortably in his arms

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump Jr. released his contacts with WikiLeaks.

Well...some of them. Turns out, there was more. And he was trying to hide it.

Judiciary Sens: Kushner was contacted about WikiLeaks, Russia ahead of election

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and ranking member Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) on Thursday disclosed that White House senior advisor Jared Kushner received an email about Wikileaks in the lead-up to the 2016 presidential election.

The two senators sent a letter to Kushner's lawyer Thursday demanding additional documents from Trump's son-in-law as part of the committee's ongoing investigation of Russian election interference. In the letter, Grassley and Feinstein say Kushner received an email about Wikileaks in September of 2016, and a “Russian backdoor overture and dinner invite,” that he passed on to an official within President Trump’s campaign.

“For example, other parties have produced September 2016 email communications to Mr. Kushner concerning WikiLeaks, which Мr. Kushner then forwarded to another campaign official,” the letter reads.

“Likewise, other parties have produced documents concerning a ‘Russian backdoor overture and dinner invite’ which Mr. Kushner also forwarded," the letter says. "And still others have produced communications with Sergei Millian, copied to Mr. Kushner. Again, these do not appear in Mr. Kushner’s production despite being responsive to the second request. You also have not produced any phone records that we presume exist and would relate to Mr. Kushner’s communications regarding several requests.”

The letter, addressed to Kushner's attorney Abbe Lowell, says the documents provided to the Senate Judiciary Committee are “incomplete,” giving Lowell until Nov. 27 to comply with the request.

The lawmakers asked Lowell to provide the committee with transcripts of Kushner’s interviews with the Senate and House Intelligence Committees, noting they do not have access to these specific interviews.

They’ve also asked Lowell to submit documents previously requested that relate to specific individuals in the Russia investigation.

It appears that your search may have overlooked several documents,” the letter says.

It also asks Lowell to look for communications with former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, including any correspondence “to, from, or copied to Lt. General Flynn” that include specific terms like Clinton, Guccifer, Wikileaks, Turkey, Ukraine, and Gazprom.

Grassley and Feinstein pushed back on the attorney’s claim that certain documents related to Kushner’s security clearance on confidential.

“Moreover, with regard to your claim that the documents are confidential, while the Privacy Act limits the government's authority to release the information provided to it, there is no restriction on your client's ability to provide that information to Congress,” the senators write.
    So.

Trump's campaign, nay his family, said they would provide details about their communication with Russia and WikiLeaks, then failed to disclose a bunch of stuff, tried to have a bunch of stuff withheld from Congress, oh, and "backdore overture with Russia"?
    @Skroe get in here.