Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    #3 A fucking Necklace that you use...Azerite(seriously?) on to make 3 pieces of gear stronger or whatever.
    just point of fact, iirc ion had said they only had it slated for 3 slots currently, but are intent on expanding that, likely to 6 or maybe 8, as the replacement for tier bonuses maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Has there ever been a good reason for anyone to be at war? Other than genuine self defense? I'm not talking about sanitized Hollywood war; I am talking about realistic war where civilians die as collateral damage, atrocities are committed on both sides, heroes come home with ptsd, and veterans commit suicide. You know, pretty much every war ever in the real world. Wars are living proof that our highest ideals can still be overruled by our basest instincts.

- - - Updated - - -

That Tauren was awesome! And I'm pretty sure Sylvanas just used Bloodlust, so the Tauren had to hurry into melee range before all the CDs expired.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you believe it. Not for one minute. There's a lot more going on that just another faction war, and Azeroth herself will be at risk if we don't sort that out by the second tier.
    No its always been crazy reasons. But like a 10.000 before. Looking at the history of "working" side by side for the same goal. Seeing how ( thanks to quests) the people talk about being tired with war etc etc War is not that likely then when you had peace for a 1000 years .

And if you look at our perspective. It just looks like a MoP 2.0 but poorly executed reason.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    And if you look at our perspective. It just looks like a MoP 2.0 but poorly executed reason.
    It's early days. Who knows what they will come up with. I expect a mini-patch between Antorus and BfA that will help set the tone; maybe more will become clear - to us, if not to our characters - during that period.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    so alliance invited horde to Vindicaar, and as u do quest as horde u see total hospitality, as 'reluctant'?
    the Draenei dont hate the horde as the other races of the alliance do and when you invade the homeworld of the legion i'm pretty sure you'd invite everyone you can.

Vereesa says that she doesnt like working with the horde but admits to the fact that they can fight.

What about horde going to save Exodar ? They literally can ignore it and no one would blame them at all, no one was expecting horde to help in first place, what about as rogue class campaign u go to 'enemy' faction cities to save them from Humoncoli spies? again u can ignore them, and seriously horde won't blame alliance for ignoring a horde problem ever, or vice versa, because that used to be the normal
    How many times do I have to tell you class hall quests dont represent factions since the leader of the class order AKA you can be any race

And since you like using Liadrin as an example for this then Liadrin (and the rest of the blood elves) owe Velen a debt since he renewed the sunwell

Lastly last time alliance and horde armies went fighting together was at start of WoD and even that was just stand at portal, not actual armies rallying together fighting a common enemy, twice (first broken shore, then nighthold, both failed ironically)
    Not sure what you're trying to say. to me it sounds like your proving my point

The only thing left was that an ally hero would flirt with a horde hero... oh wait that happened in vindicaar
    the only Horde alliance interaction on the vindicaar is Khadgar and Aethas

You seem to ignore pretty much 'heavy weight' heroes like Liadrin/Broll/Etrigg/Faol
    these are people who recognize that fighting each other while the legion is attacking us is only going to make things worse

The horde doesnt have a chance at defeating the legion without the alliance and the alliance has no chance of defeating the legion without the horde CLASS ORDERS WERE FORMED TO FIGHT THE LEGION
    Last edited by darkdude103; 2017-11-16 at 12:43 PM.

Worst ever? Far from it mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Don't you believe it. Not for one minute. There's a lot more going on that just another faction war, and Azeroth herself will be at risk if we don't sort that out by the second tier.
    Yeah, but as I said, so far every expansion name was based on the reason we are going there/doing that. Of course I expect some serious threat to emerge, wow is not got and there's not enough politics and plots to cover whole expansion, but the name is always the major selling point and (so far) they are promoting it as that - war between factions.

Imagine Legion goes the same, but its not "Legion" but "Shadows of the Void" or something like that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdude103 View Post
    the Draenei dont hate the horde as the other races of the alliance do and when you invade the homeworld of the legion i'm pretty sure you'd invite everyone you can.

Vereesa says that she doesnt like working with the horde but admits to the fact that they can fight.

How many times do I have to tell you class hall quests dont represent factions since the leader of the class order AKA you can be any race

And since you like using Liadrin as an example for this then Liadrin (and the rest of the blood elves) owe Velen a debt since he renewed the sunwell

Not sure what you're trying to say. to me it sounds like your proving my point

the only Horde alliance interaction on the vindicaar is Khadgar and Aethas

these are people who recognize that fighting each other while the legion is attacking us is only going to make things worse

The horde doesnt have a chance at defeating the legion without the alliance and the alliance has no chance of defeating the legion without the horde CLASS ORDERS WERE FORMED TO FIGHT THE LEGION
    So explain why the 'class that was formed without alliance/horde' heroes are the exact same one who will fight next exp for alliance or horde and go kill each others ? Did the alliance/horde hero player who was in the class hall that was formed forget all the work done in legion?
    What about why everyone who was there - including npcs - who were helping to best buddies lvl - suddenly forget and decide to attack each others? Liadrin is in debt to velen, what about literally every other hero from every other class who was also - lorewise - there ?
    You also ignored the 2nd half of big FUCK LORE parts, pretty much every single 'allied' race beside Dark Iron dwarfs, why would they join a war with alliance/horde ? Highmountains/Lightforged received same help from alliance as horde, same for nightborne (or that tyrande remark made them risk their existence by joining a fighting faction instead of stay neutral like 1502 other organization ?), and how would alliance who kicked blood elves for fel addiction accept void elves who even more twisted that the fel addicts kicked them out (also alliance tried to genocide blood elves because Garithos hated anyone non-human, as his own words say), or Zandalari who are enemies to both alliance and horde since ever?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Yeah, but as I said, so far every expansion name was based on the reason we are going there/doing that. Of course I expect some serious threat to emerge, wow is not got and there's not enough politics and plots to cover whole expansion, but the name is always the major selling point and (so far) they are promoting it as that - war between factions.

Imagine Legion goes the same, but its not "Legion" but "Shadows of the Void" or something like that...
    u giving them too much credit, this will be like MoP 2.0, will end with Sylvannas head on spike, except at least in MoP we had 2 exp making us ready for faction war, this one comes out from expansion that was best friends, even more sh8t on lore
    At least gameplay MoP was great, unlike WoD who has almost no redeeming quality
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

So explain why the 'class that was formed without alliance/horde' heroes are the exact same one who will fight next exp for alliance or horde and go kill each others ? Did the alliance/horde hero player who was in the class hall that was formed forget all the work done in legion?
    What about why everyone who was there - including npcs - who were helping to best buddies lvl - suddenly forget and decide to attack each others? Liadrin is in debt to velen, what about literally every other hero from every other class who was also - lorewise - there ?
    You also ignored the 2nd half of big FUCK LORE parts, pretty much every single 'allied' race beside Dark Iron dwarfs, why would they join a war with alliance/horde ? Highmountains/Lightforged received same help from alliance as horde, same for nightborne (or that tyrande remark made them risk their existence by joining a fighting faction instead of stay neutral like 1502 other organization ?), and how would alliance who kicked blood elves for fel addiction accept void elves who even more twisted that the fel addicts kicked them out (also alliance tried to genocide blood elves because Garithos hated anyone non-human, as his own words say), or Zandalari who are enemies to both alliance and horde since ever?

- - - Updated - - -

u giving them too much credit, this will be like MoP 2.0, will end with Sylvannas head on spike, except at least in MoP we had 2 exp making us ready for faction war, this one comes out from expansion that was best friends, even more sh8t on lore
    At least gameplay MoP was great, unlike WoD who has almost no redeeming quality
    the thing about us players is that we dont exist until we turn into lore characters by blizzard

so the only thing you can say about we the hero character is that he does what he's told until told otherwise

the thing about us players is that we dont exist until we turn into lore characters by blizzard

so the only thing you can say about we the hero character is that he does what he's told until told otherwise
    We've been to the Black Temple, since Xe'ra judges us for that.
    We fought the Lich King, since Bolvar mentions us in cinematic.
    WE helped secure the dragon soul and WE fought alongside the aspects.
    In SoO, Nazgrim recognizes us (horde), and so do the Klaxxi.
    WoD not so much, we were the commanders but its hard to imagine there would be one commander out of the group that always does something heroic.
    Legion - as class hall leaders we are canon more then ever.

So yes, we do exist and its confirmed during multiple encounters. It also makes sense to start as a meatshield and advance to the ranks of commanders/leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    We've been to the Black Temple, since Xe'ra judges us for that.
    We fought the Lich King, since Bolvar mentions us in cinematic.
    WE helped secure the dragon soul and WE fought alongside the aspects.
    In SoO, Nazgrim recognizes us (horde), and so do the Klaxxi.
    WoD not so much, we were the commanders but its hard to imagine there would be one commander out of the group that always does something heroic.
    Legion - as class hall leaders we are canon more then ever.

So yes, we do exist and its confirmed during multiple encounters. It also makes sense to start as a meatshield and advance to the ranks of commanders/leaders.
    and we have actual lore characters who have confirmed to be in certain encounters so up until our characters are replaced with those lore characters were irrelvent to the plot

Expansion looks very generic. Almost like it's a filler expansion with no personality that they can make money off of while they keep the real lore and good ideas in their back pocket for later. I played legion until like 3 months ago and a genuinely enyojed it. The game is a far cry from what it used to be but at least this xpac has been kinda fun. I think i'll pass on BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Let's be honest here. Every single time they have released a cinematic someone has called it "The worst cinematic ever". Most likely every time. Sorry it wasn't to your taste, but I quite liked it.
    The hope is that someday the people who don't like something just keep that to themselves. Especially if you're like the OP and your reasoning behind it is absolutely ridiculous.

The cinematic was badass. If you don't like it, tough luck. Don't call it the worst expansion cinematic ever, because you're likely to get laughed at and not taken seriously in future conversations. Next time say something like: I don't like ____ because ____. Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zookie View Post
    Expansion looks very generic. Almost like it's a filler expansion with no personality that they can make money off of while they keep the real lore and good ideas in their back pocket for later. I played legion until like 3 months ago and a genuinely enyojed it. The game is a far cry from what it used to be but at least this xpac has been kinda fun. I think i'll pass on BfA.
    A far cry from what it used to be? Are you one of those nostalgia folk who think that previous WoW expansions/iterations is always going to be better?

The story makes sense. It's not like Azshara is going to pop out at the end of Legion and start causing havoc everywhere. She could still be biding her time. When your enemies are fighting each other, it's easier to beat both of them. Idk, the story seems logical to me.

I think it's a good idea, personally, to have the Horde and Alliance start fighting each other full-scale story-wise. Even throughout Legion, there was a lot of tension between the Horde and the Alliance. If you paid attention to the bits of story and lore in the World Quests, there were skirmishes against one another throughout the Broken Isles.

It will make for a more compelling story where the Horde and Alliance are at full-out war and Azshara and N'Zoth use it as an opportunity to strike. A divided Azeroth is easier to defeat than a united one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    A far cry from what it used to be? Are you one of those nostalgia folk who think that previous WoW expansions/iterations is always going to be better?

The story makes sense. It's not like Azshara is going to pop out at the end of Legion and start causing havoc everywhere. She could still be biding her time. When your enemies are fighting each other, it's easier to beat both of them. Idk, the story seems logical to me.

I think it's a good idea, personally, to have the Horde and Alliance start fighting each other full-scale story-wise. Even throughout Legion, there was a lot of tension between the Horde and the Alliance. If you paid attention to the bits of story and lore in the World Quests, there were skirmishes against one another throughout the Broken Isles.

It will make for a more compelling story where the Horde and Alliance are at full-out war and Azshara and N'Zoth use it as an opportunity to strike. A divided Azeroth is easier to defeat than a united one.
    I don't think it is even debatable that this games best days are long behind it. The subscription numbers prove it. Horde and Alliance have been fighting since the beginning so forgive me for thinking an expansion centered around Horde vs. Alliance is stale and shows lack of effort.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jparratt View Post
    How dare you :'( but seriously, I think mop was the worst, was kinda cool before a panda comes in :/
    I second this. Though TBC was still 2nd worst...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I second this. Though TBC was still 2nd worst...
    Yeah, it was xD

looking at yelling bitch
    looking at lion cub

Escobar axiom.

Just to be clear, anyone thinking Anduin was a crybaby in the cinematic probably doesn't fully grasp the concept or idea of having true faith. That isn't a zinger at anyone or their IRL beliefs. This is about Anduin, a guy who was raised through years of war to somehow try to fill the shoes of his badass father without losing his sense of self, beliefs or faith. He's a WOW Priest, which is lightyears ahead of our nonfiction comparisons by the sheer act that holiness can be visibly seen through spells. Anduin has seen holy power work up close. His faith and devotion to the light is ingrained into him.

That being said, when a guy like that lets go of his fear and rage against the troll shaman and Slyvannas, and notices the sight of his soldiers suffering; and gives himself into the Light and hope, he is literally being rewarded for his faith. So, to see him "cry", what you are actually seeing is him feeling every single positive emotion at the same time. Have you ever been so happy that your body couldn't deside whether or not to smile, laugh, or cry? That is what Anduin expresses during that cutscene and the animators NAILED that emotion perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account

we exist since vanilla wow, check official lore on who killed C'thun and stopped Naxxarams first time
    and we have actual lore characters who have confirmed to be in certain encounters so up until our characters are replaced with those lore characters were irrelvent to the plot
    No It is officially stated by Blizzard themselves that we killed C'thun, not Thrall, not Muradin, but we players, heck they even retconned who had the gong from that nelf priest and changed it to the first player in WOW who got it, check that urself
    We are official lore members since ages, they just make it ambiguous if we were 'alliance or horde', there are hints. like how Garrosh was using belt loot from LK, and no mention of Saurfang/Varian interaction in lore hint that it was horde who got the LK (probably trade off since it is also alliance who got C'thun, or at least the gong) but that's pretty much it, credits always go to 'adventurers'
    Even Ragnaros stats that we 'fought him again' in Firelands, while I'm sure Death and Taxes disbanded years before he was released
    In fact not a single time we were discredited, for example Maeiv killed Illidan with help of adventurers, Thrall stopped Deathwing with help of aspects AND adventurers, we are always there
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power