Lets hope the alpha starts this year.
    WHere is the rumoured UI redesign?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Lets hope the alpha starts this year.
    WHere is the rumoured UI redesign?
    The build that was on the Show Floor had a different menu, more centralized and organized, it's one of the things that i don't remember if they talked about in the panels.

7+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Yeah, it is. For the many many hours of entertainment I've gotten from MMO-C (and specifically the hype threads) it's probably fair to give something back. And having no ads on mobile significantly improves site performance too.
    I totally agree. I'm sometimes like oh im going to get on wow now, but check mmo-c first. Lets say I didn't end up getting on wow cause I was to busy reading the lovely forums banter. If it can take that much of my time, I definately think it's worth giving them something.
    "Love all, trust a few,do wrong to none."

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's a move away from RNG. You no longer have to target a specific item and hope that it drops and rolls high enough to be an upgrade, but can find decent gear everywhere. Targetting makes RNG have more impact, not less.
    You are calling a black thing white.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Think we came to a conclusion yesterday that only time will tell if this is objectively a good or bad change for the game, since some people like it and some don't.
    ROFL, no, that's a completely new angle which happens to be illogical to the point where it is looking at X and calling it "not X". Previous discussions were about other things (to which I responded as well). Look at what he replies "that's a move away from RNG" to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You are calling a black thing white.
    Nah, going by your terminology, one of you is calling a currently gray thing black while the other is calling it white, while in fact at the moment we can't know to which side it'll go and be received by the community. Only time will tell since the posters here seem to have split opinions on it.

- - - Updated - - -

ROFL, no, that's a completely new angle which happens to be illogical to the point where it is looking at X and calling it "not X". Previous discussions were about other things (to which I responded as well). Look at what he replies "that's a move away" to.
    Oh, I didn't mean about it being RNG or not, but about it being a good change or not in the long term. (how it gets accepted)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Nah, going by your terminology, one of you is calling a currently gray thing black while the other is calling it white, ...
    No. You again lost the subject of what is getting called black / white. It's not whether the feature is good or bad, but I won't belabor the point because this losing of the subject happens too often here and nothing seems to help, so belaboring is just unproductive.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what, I apologize. I honestly never intend to be this snarky, but perhaps I just get ignited too easily. I am going to step away from the forum for now. Sorry.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. You again lost the subject of what is getting called black / white. It's not whether the feature is good or bad, but I won't belabor the point because this losing of the subject happens too often here and nothing seems to help, so belaboring is just unproductive.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what, I apologize. I honestly never intend to be this snarky, but perhaps I just get ignited too easily. I am going to step away from the forum for now. Sorry.
    Yeah, I should also apologize since I didn't at first notice it was a discussion if it was RNG or not and thought people were discussing their subjective opinions on the feature itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    didnt they say they want to nerve the account wide items because they are so op?
    I can remember he said that the ep boost will stay but stats will be reduced
    i believe they said in the Q and A that the Heirlooms are the only items in the old world that are "properly itemized" so if anything they will be the thing that stays the same

The problem has been with health pools of monsters as well as level gaps (remember in Cata and Pandaria how much of a major power boost leveling would get . you'd get like...200,k HP and suddenly stop dying and start doing well if you lvled in a quest zone)

So more than likely they are going to find a way, wether its rebalancing or just...removing all data from old zones regarding health, and use an algorith like they do for Invasions and holiday bosses so that you will always do X dmg to mobs scaling with you, with a % multiplier based on your item level For that lvl

So Jessica who is in quest greens and lvl 37 and Amy who is in some quest greens , but some heirlooms at lvl 48 will do the same basic dmg to a mob that is scaling to allow both of them. However Amy will have an advantage because she gets a 10% dmg buff due to her item level being higher than average for her level do to the heirlooms and multiple Rare pieces she's gotten from dungeons, AND she has an additional damage talent. Naturally Amy and Jessica might do the same damage, but Amy got Big Hammer Talent at 45, and Instant Heal at 38 from leveling. So while the two can play together the higher level Amy is STILL more powerful do to her accessing more rare items (which occur more at higher level) having Heirlooms ensuring more properly itemized gear AND having additonal talents and abilities.

thats all theoretical

but it is a FACT that they implied that if anythign the Heirlooms are the only thing Properly itemized. The question is how wil they rebalance it, which they said they ARE going to try to do

- - - Updated - - -

its not about having multiple mobs they said they want to make it so that you arent one shotting things your level. specs with high utility and aoe will stil have a technical advantage, but it might be lessened when they realize that attacking 4 things at once might kill them.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Akamadaughter View Post
    I'm going to kill every Tortollan I see as soon as they go live.
    Friendly reminder, this still holds true.

Friendly reminder, this still holds true.
    *sets all Tortollans to friendly and unattackable towards Lilithvia specificially*

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    *sets all Tortollans to friendly and unattackable towards Lilithvia specificially*
    you are dead to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    snip.
    So in other words, the same formula used for the Legion zones? Because that would be the best way to do it. I hate that even my lv14 Warrior in greens/whites can casually "oneshot" things. Literally one ability+autoattack and something just keels over. This is one of the things that makes leveling just a chore instead of something fun to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Q&A in 1 hour right ? I hope we'll learn something new... things that we know since blizzcon for example

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    Q&A in 1 hour right ? I hope we'll learn something new... things that we know since blizzcon for example
    Bet it's just Blizzcon recapping.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    you are dead to me.
    You're un-dead to me!

- - - Updated - - -

Ohhhh! He mentioned the Jaina book!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    So what's with this Soloque spam?

Deleted
    Queen Azshara confirmed as 2nd raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Queen Azshara confirmed as 2nd raid
    Disappointed!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Finally more raid themed sets, I'm sick of "juggernaut" styled sets for my warrior.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, Thats absolutely stupid. I liked class set appearance. Now everyone is gonna look even more so the same.

unless I misheard.