Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Afaik they are making the game raid or die again in BFA since those azerite thingies only drop in raids.
    Source?

10/ch

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    No they're not. Believe it or not, they are smarter than us. They know what they are doing.

Every change isn't a bad change.

So many people on this forum looking for things to complain about or criticize blizz over.
    Hahaha, after the shit that's called Legion, the multiple lies to the community, the delayed/broken promises you still believe that the current dev team is smarter than us?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Set bonuses are just a headache at this point.

Don't care that they're leaving. Set those slots free!
    Why Set bonuses are headache, but legendaries and artifacts aren't? Or an item rolling titanforged isn't a headache, especially when it doesn't have the ratings you want?
    /spit@Blizzard

Raiding isn't the premier it use to be, at least for gear, with what's available for gear outlets. It's not to say raiding doesn't have a place for gearing out a character, because it does. Anyway, looking at the main question of this thread, "Are they trying to kill off raiding?" No they're not. After twenty one raid tiers, one would think they'd be running out of ideas for tier bonuses, but I don't think it's that problem either. Simply putting it, and from what I see, they're bundling tier bonuses into the Heart of Azeroth. Not directly taking old tier sets, just the ideal of like effects. I guess we'll find out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Source?

10/ch
    There is no source, it's a fallacy. They even talked about dungeon related Azerite pieces in a panel during blizzcon.

OT: The entire thing is just silly, it's become a point of people saying "good let raiding die because I, for one, don't do it therefore no one can!" or "you don't raid mythic your point doesn't count".

The people most hurt by this if they don't provide a solution IS the normal and heroic raiders. While you can get full mythic quality gear via M+ it takes longer than having a top 700 mythic raid team, however if you're in the over 1000 area where you can't kill many bosses it hurts you too since M+ RIGHT NOW (there is no changes in the pipeline yet) is much easier then Mythic raiding at the gear caps.

No one want's to kill or devalue M+ though. I would like to see the value of BOTH raised, but only for themselves. Make RAIDING benefit RAIDING, raid only traits that work best in raids. Make MYTHIC PLUS benefit MYTHIC PLUS, m+ only traits that work best in dungeons. Hell make overworld traits like the class sets SHOULD have been.

There's not reason to kill anything, if done properly EVERYONE GETS SOMETHING!

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    wait, I thought they eliminating tier set BONUSES not the Tier sets themselves
    Is it even a tier set anymore if it doesn't have set bonuses?

Stop whining about the raiding scene and the sets.

Sets create imbalance, and either too OP bonuses that get carried over into core gameplay or useless bonuses and people ignore them.

Also its not fun getting a max ilvl item that you cant wear cause of set bonuses, or wearing stupid stats for the same reason.

Plus personally i love the change, i want to play my alts and not feel that i have to pug raids with idiots for a month unless i get lucky the first week to get the set bonus so i can manage.

Next step, make trinkets that arent completely broken OP and without them the class is useless for the next months, CoF/ Crit trinket from Lei-Shen for Warlocks, etc etc.
    Amen to that!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    So, let's say, above 945 ilvl without raiding.
    I'm 944/946 with 2 raid pieces (heroic wf/tf) the rest from m+, relinquished, or world boss related. Close enough? I've had plenty of same ilvl gear in those slots drop from m+, just happy with the specific pieces I have in those slots.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

10+ Year Old Account
    I have personally come to terms with the fact that gear no longer matters. By which I mean, it does very much matter, but not in the same sense as it did in the past. With the rate of speed that gear is swapped out and upgraded, all of the sources it can be obtained from and the wide availability it has now, to me gear is just an alternate means to "level-up" your character once you reach level-cap. Item-Level becomes your next tier of "levels" that you raise, stats and abilities on gear become much less important and thus swapping pieces for specific fights is no longer a factor and honestly the most important thing at this point going forward that one should really focus on is just learning their class/spec and figuring out how to be the best they can be at it, almost like perfecting a character in a fighting game where you have everything available to you and RPG style stats have no presence. I think the Artifact/Heart of Azeroth system they have begun implementing will be the new stats-quo going forward to bring back the importance of character growth outside of leveling up that gear once filled.

tl,dr: New Model: Gear = Xp points, ItemLevel = character level

10+ Year Old Account
    What I saw while I was mythic raiding yesterday and was happy about a 940 warforged set piece really made me angry.
    Someone posted a 950 titanforged ring with socket in /2 and it really was raidfinder titanforged. wtf?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I have personally come to terms with the fact that gear no longer matters. By which I mean, it does very much matter, but not in the same sense as it did in the past. With the rate of speed that gear is swapped out and upgraded, all of the sources it can be obtained from and the wide availability it has now, to me gear is just an alternate means to "level-up" your character once you reach level-cap. Item-Level becomes your next tier of "levels" that you raise, stats and abilities on gear become much less important and thus swapping pieces for specific fights is no longer a factor and honestly the most important thing at this point going forward that one should really focus on is just learning their class/spec and figuring out how to be the best they can be at it, almost like perfecting a character in a fighting game where you have everything available to you and RPG style stats have no presence. I think the Artifact/Heart of Azeroth system they have begun implementing will be the new stats-quo going forward to bring back the importance of character growth outside of leveling up that gear once filled.

tl,dr: New Model: Gear = Xp points, ItemLevel = character level
    Ew, no thanks, my favorite part of this game is getting new gear and gearing up characters.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    just a different way of enjoying the game.

why does raiding have to be the only way to progress ur char?
    not everyone enjoy the 1000+ MoS runs

Quote Originally Posted by traumabrew View Post
    With the announcement of eliminating tier sets, it feels like Blizzard wants to kill off raiding. I know what you are thinking, another player screaming "the sky is falling". But, with BfA and other changes from Legion, it seems Blizzard is steering the game to a more casual, open world sandbox and away from a structured game style, which is what raiding is.

Loot and gear is raining down all over the game. You can even obtain better gear from non raiding content as compared to raid drops. I am a heroic raider but my character probably about 50% non raid gear equipped. These pieces are from my mythic weekly caches, bonus week caches, emissary quests and relinquished gear from the Argus vendor. Heck, if you get lucky enough you can even top mythic level gear from some sources. Really, the only gear that is obtainable only from raiding is tier gear.

Ion said they are not getting rid of titanforging and other mechanics to increase item level from drops. This mechanic plus all the new sources for gear that is equal to or better than raid gear and eliminating tier sets, tells you where they want to take this game.

Raiding is about testing yourself against some of the toughest content in the game. Raiding is what brings people back week after week in order to progress and finally kill the end boss. But loot and gear was the carrot on the stick. It kept you coming back. And the satisfaction of finally downing that boss your team has struggled with is the reason we raid. But getting that epic tier piece, weapon, trinket, etc was the icing on the cake. Tier sets are unique to raiding. If you look at a player and see they are item level 930 but have no tier you can tell they dont raid. But if you look at a player with item level 930 and you see heroic or even mythic tier gear, you know they have beaten some of the hardest content in the game.
    Raiding sucks, you spend all the time killing the same boss over and over again just for a chance get a piece of loot that you will replace in a couple of months

"Is Blizzard actively trying to kill the raiding scene? "

Obviously -- yes.

Next dumb question.

All about that LFR, baby. That’s where the money is.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    October was a month ago, but yeah ok.

I'm sure you have a source to confirm blizzard saying this wasn't true, right?

lol
    Here you go

Notice how it's dated from October 2016. Also how it clearly says "Blizzard denies". Have a nice day.

"This was a misquote, or some kind of misunderstanding on the part of the journalist," a rep said. "Our policy for almost a year now is that we do not talk about subscriber numbers, and Tom did not do that with this publication."
    Last edited by Veldoranz; 2017-11-16 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotInTheFace0 View Post
    Is it even a tier set anymore if it doesn't have set bonuses?
    yes it is ? Its about the overall look/feel and the ilvl + stats it offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    There is no source, it's a fallacy. They even talked about dungeon related Azerite pieces in a panel during blizzcon.

OT: The entire thing is just silly, it's become a point of people saying "good let raiding die because I, for one, don't do it therefore no one can!" or "you don't raid mythic your point doesn't count".

The people most hurt by this if they don't provide a solution IS the normal and heroic raiders. While you can get full mythic quality gear via M+ it takes longer than having a top 700 mythic raid team, however if you're in the over 1000 area where you can't kill many bosses it hurts you too since M+ RIGHT NOW (there is no changes in the pipeline yet) is much easier then Mythic raiding at the gear caps.

No one want's to kill or devalue M+ though. I would like to see the value of BOTH raised, but only for themselves. Make RAIDING benefit RAIDING, raid only traits that work best in raids. Make MYTHIC PLUS benefit MYTHIC PLUS, m+ only traits that work best in dungeons. Hell make overworld traits like the class sets SHOULD have been.

There's not reason to kill anything, if done properly EVERYONE GETS SOMETHING!
    There will also be properties on the Heart of Azeroth slots that can only be found in a raid.

From the front page. So some parts will only be available from raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Source?

10/ch
    There will also be properties on the Heart of Azeroth slots that can only be found in a raid.

As I posted in another thread, I'm excited for this because as a Hunter, having to wear 2pcT19 (ilvl 890) + 4pcT20 and getting all these ilvl930+ items and not being able to use them because of the tier requirements really really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that post was made prior to that statement and was basically all anyone was asking for, raid specific stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Correction, you SHOULD have higher overall ilvl, but that is definitely not guaranteed. I've seen people in my guild come back after a 4 month hiatus and get up to 930 - 940 due to lucky titanforging from relinquished vendor and M+. How this is fair in anyones world is beyond me.
    Which is less than anyone raiding mythic regularly has.