Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    so its ok for parents to produce children if they cannot care for them, cannot feed them, cannot cloth them, are mentally unable to care for them, or so mentally unstable they abuse them?
    How do you know they can't do any of those things? If they can't do any of those things, what are you going to do about it? Hire people to forcefully prevent them from having sex? If so, I would like you to hire me please! I think that job would be fun! Except, I don't think I would be very good at that job, since I won't be able to prevent myself from having sex with my husband...
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-11-16 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    There are more and better ways to prevent pregnancies than relying on folks not to fuck each others.
    I don't know of any. I used protection, so did my husband, I still became pregnant while we were fucking each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    How do you know they can't do any of those things? If they can't do any of those things, what are you going to do about it? Hire people to forcefully prevent them from having sex? If so, I would like you to hire me please! I think that job would be fun! Except, I don't think I would be very good at that job, since I won't be able to prevent myself from having sex with my husband...
    I see people on a daily basis around down that cannot provide for thier children. I know it happens and i know heaps cannot handle it. Force people to go through the same steps adoptive parents go through and it will be fine. Fix people at the earliest possible age and then allow them to gestate if they meet the qualifications. Who has more rights in this matter? The person who should have common fucking sense but doesnt or the defensless child who has no say in what happens to them but it put in a shity situation due to stupid parents.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know of any. I used protection, so did my husband, I still became pregnant while we were fucking each other.
    should have been on the pill.

I see people on a daily basis around down that cannot provide for thier children. I know it happens and i know heaps cannot handle it. Force people to go through the same steps adoptive parents go through and it will be fine. Fix people at the earliest possible age and then allow them to gestate if they meet the qualifications. Who has more rights in this matter? The person who should have common fucking sense but doesnt or the defensless child who has no say in what happens to them but it put in a shity situation due to stupid parents.

- - - Updated - - -

She said that she used protection separate from her husband...also the pill is not 100% effective. Even if a birth control is 99.9% effective, your chances of pregnancy increase every time you have sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    snip.
    Because its a basic fucking human right to have children. Are you honestly arguing for making children something only the wealthy should be allowed to have? Put in place a breeding program for humans? Forced sterilization?

Whos going to pay for the children that are neglected, abandoned, or abused by unworthy parrents. Sorry but alot of people dont have the sense in thier head to take care of themselves yet they are trusted with one of the most precious things on earth and thats a childs life. I still feel to have a child you should have to go through the same checks and balances that an adoptive parent should. You do not have the right to neglect, abuse, or ruin a childs life.
    Again and again this only works if people were altruistic 100%.
    What ends up happening is special interest takes over (in other words those who have access to money and therefore power).
    Look at Russian Revolution.
    The intent of some people was genuinely good, however look what happened as a result - 100 years of suffering (that continues to this day) for the vast vast majority.
    When related to child related issues - i would NEVER trust government bureaucrats anywhere NEAR ANYTHING even remotely involved with kids. EVER.
    Last edited by nycnyc88; 2017-11-16 at 03:05 PM.

The pill can fail, just like all current forms of contraception, meaning I can still become pregnant while fucking my husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    She said that she used protection separate from her husband...also the pill is not 100% effective. Even if a birth control is 99.9% effective, your chances of pregnancy increase every time you have sex.
    double coverage means that someone was most likely lying or not doing thier part is a higher chance than both failing at the same exact time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nycnyc88 View Post
    Again and again this only works if people were altruistic 100%.
    What ends up happening is special interest takes over (in other words those who have access to money and therefore power).
    Look at Russian Revolution.
    The intent of some people was genuinely good, however look what happened as a result - 100 years of suffering (that continues to this day) for the vast vast majority.
    When related to child related issues - i would NEVER trust government bureaucrats anywhere NEAR ANYTHING even remotely involved with kids. EVER.
    unfortunatly in this case money has a direct effect on quality of life for a child. Its the sad truth that people need to realize. Yeh being poor in life sucks, but forcing a child to grow up through that is even more shit.

double coverage means that someone was most likely lying or not doing their part is a higher chance than both failing at the same exact time.
    Which part of "there are no current forms of contraception that work 100% of the time while fucking" means that as long as you use them all it's now 100% effective?

Do you just not understand how probability works? Or are you just most likely lying to yourself so you can continue to troll about this?
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-11-16 at 03:12 PM.

Deleted
    so its ok for parents to produce children if they cannot care for them, cannot feed them, cannot cloth them, are mentally unable to care for them, or so mentally unstable they abuse them?
    Being poor or mentally unstable are two totally different things, Then you have different categories of poor...which one is it? because this page doesn't seem to know. Here it's simply (your poor you can't have kids) most probably being kids themselves living in their parents basements knowing fk all about how life really works...you know it's the real poor people I admire because most do a better job at parenting than the richest folk. Makes me wonder how tribes and such manage to raise kids... I mean by your definition they are poor right?
    Last edited by mmoc8d9a66b0a0; 2017-11-16 at 03:21 PM.

Which part of "there are no current forms of contraception that work 100% of the time" means that as long as you use them all it's now 100% effective?

Do you just not understand how probability works? Or are you just most likely lying so you can continue to troll about this?
    i know exactly how probability work, And i know the chances of one of the people or both not doing thier job in using protection is far higher than both the pill and a condom failing at the same exact time.

the chance of both condom and the pill failing at the same time are .0002% chance of happening and thats on the high end of failure for the pill. So yeh i am more inclined to think you missed a pill or 2 or he fucked up the condom or didnt store it properly or one or the other was sabotaged than both failed.

i know the chances of one of the people or both not doing their job
    What job? Being a perfect, infallible human? That job doesn't exist.

the chance of both condom and the pill failing at the same time are .0002% chance of happening
    Even if that percentage is correct, it still means I CAN become pregnant while fucking my husband and using those. Your point?
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-11-16 at 03:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Africa could need that, they are about to add a few billion more people or so in the comming years, 1.5 by years 2050 if i remember right and they can barely feed what they have now.

Future is looking bright in africa.
    They use almost no resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Standing up for the rights of children while directly and explicitly attacking the rights of adults really isn't the winning argument you think it is.

Rather than complaining that people are having kids, maybe ensure that society provides sufficient support for its working class and poor so that those children don't suffer?
    No. ... not only no but hell no.

I fail to see how it is the responsibility of society to provide more to people because they opted to have children they couldn't afford. It's like hearing the fucking radio commercial out of Chicago currently about how the mother "would do anything" in order for her child to have a winter coat but apparently that translates to "anything but depend on someone else to solve the problem for me."

Secondly, the child poverty rates have increases by 247% since 1960. I wonder what else has increased since that era?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You do know that all right wing governments are in the pockets of the big multi-nationals, right?
    I'm aware the point of globalism is partly so that private interests can affect governments more easily, yes, and that left wing governments certainly aren't any better at it, being progressive and more inclusive to chaaaange, man.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    the mother "would do anything" in order for her child to have a winter coat but apparently that translates to "anything but depend on someone else to solve the problem for me."
    what? people depend on each other to solve problems for them all the time. or are you saying that you grow your own food, build your own house, etc?

what? people depend on each other to solve problems for them all the time. or are you saying that you grow your own food, build your own house, etc?
    Incorrect assumption. The point I was making is that "doing anything" should not be limited to "putting it on someone else to solve." Which is basically what most of this comes down to ultimately. "I had kids I couldn't afford. Everyone else give me money."

How fucking awesome would it be if we started giving tax breaks and incentives to people who DIDN'T have shit kids they couldn't afford?

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    "I had kids I couldn't afford. Everyone else give me money."
    The government isn't giving the parents money, however. They are giving the kids money. I think what you mean is that you want that money to be managed better? That would require the kids being taken from their parents and placed in foster homes. Which happens alot to the point that foster homes are always over full.

The government isn't giving the parents money, however. They are giving the kids money. I think what you mean is that you want that money to be managed better? That would require the kids being taken from their parents and placed in foster homes. Which happens alot to the point that foster homes are always over full.
    Wtf are you talking about? Which government is sending checks to children?

I am glad I'm seeing this issue raised more and more in forums and the media now. The human population is reaching such vast numbers that a pro-Utilitarian approach really is the only sensible adoption for progress. We cannot sustain an ever-increasing population. It is not about eradicating people, or beliefs. Diversity is great and extremely beneficial. Mass consumption however is not. If we woke tomorrow to a world of 1 billion people; I would expect most of the problems humanity and many other species face would be almost eradicated overnight. While the OP suggests overseeing individual's rights to children I believe that would be inappropriate and unrealistic. Governments need to introduce population-reducing policies on a global scale. Benefits should be capped and favoured for 1-2 children families as a maximum, with no further benefits for 3rd/4th children etc. Higher bracket taxes could be introduced for larger families.