Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    It's less about spacial awareness, more about how absolutely brutalized you could get by just normal quest mobs.

Secondly, not being able to outlevel =/= hard game. You end up two shotting every mob in Legion with just random world quest gear and a few relinquished pieces.
    Excluding Argus of course because of elites, but that's when you have the trusty mech that just two shots it for you. :^)

It's almost like the game is completely different when you have things that just trivializes anything outside of heroic raids for you compared to a game where you could get your asshole annihilated by a renegade murloc if it spawned while you were drinking for mana.
    You get "brutalized" if you pull in stupid ways due to tuning being what it was/is, I don't consider new players dying to Elwynn murlocs today to be a testament to the "brutality" of those mobs. Question: At which point does it stop coming down to "challenging gameplay" and start being a case of a terrible player when they keep dying to world mob AI...?

My lower geared alts cannot one or 2-shot every mob in Legion. They're able to handle the Broken Isles mobs (outside of Suramar) better now, but no, I can't take them in and roflstomp in Argus, especially not rares and elite areas. Hell, my most geared characters will get roflstomped by elite caster mobs and rares on Argus if I'm not careful with pulls. Here's the thing though: My death happens ONCE, after that I've learnt my lesson.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-16 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    How did that withered escape? Someone should alert Thalyssra.
    lol /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Hes clearly trolling. Hes farming transmog and mounts while talking about why they are bad things for classic lol.
    He's actually not, he has spoken about this on the All Craft podcast, on his youtube videos and everyday on his stream when he does Project 60. I think farming transmog and mounts is just how you keep yourself occupied in Legion.

Now let me add that he is just 1 guy with 1 opinion, but I actually agree with him 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    I think farming transmog and mounts is just how you keep yourself occupied in Legion.
    I barely have time to focus on transmog/mounts as of Legion, so not really.

People struggling to see the content on offer with this expansion in particular, are clearly just not bothered with WoW of today and too busy lamenting the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaina Proudmoore View Post
    Why change anything? Experience it for what it was. This is the whole purpose — not to add stuff or fix it.
    Yep this is what I think too. Afterall it's just a relaunch of patch 1.12 (or earlier) of WoW. It's not introducing another expansion to WoW. Shouldn't have anything added if wasn't in patch 1.12.

Asmongold is a god. Let's hope all the Blizzard classic developers see this speech.
    #NoChanges

Thd only things that have really changed since classic:

1. Players have become gods compared go quest mobs. In Vanilla you could only pull 1-2 mobs, more than that and you had to play a good class and use CDs and consumables to stay alive. Nowadays every class pulls 10 mobs and survives with ease.

2. Boss encounters have become like comparing an old bicycle to a ferrari. Mechanically Vanilla was incredibly easy. The difficulty came from auto attacks of mobs hurting like hell. Back in Vanilla, a random lvl 60 elite 5-man dungeon mob could easily 1 shot cloth wearers and even leather wearers sometimes. Nowadays if a pack of mobs only does white swings in m+, it's considered free points essentially. A loose mob in a +10 m+ is not really threat to anyone, but back in Vanilla it could 1 shot every non-tank.

3. Grinding objective has changed. In Vanilla/TBC you grinded herbs/ores/mob drops to get consumables for raiding. Now you grind AP and gear for raiding. My point #1 also ties heavily into this. More power = more mobs dead = more grinding done.

4. Max level questing that was tied to raid unlocking(AKA attunuments). This was a large part of character progression, even more so than gear. For example needing to do a really lengthy questline to unlock Onyxia's lair so you can get a Cloak that you NEEDED for Blackwing Lair.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Starting a new server every year, imho is not sustainable, after 5 years the classic community would be so small and divided over so many servers that you would need to address it somehow. 1 server with cycling patches has a much bigger upside. Just call them seasons and give people a title for rerolling and completing X activities in that season with a fresh character. This also gives new players an entry point, and both new and old players an excuse to roll new toons every so often.

Other expansions should have their own servers, imo.
    That is possible... and I wouldn't suggest every year... maybe every 2 years between expansions.

However, while it may dilute playerbase somewhat... so would just letting a server go stale after 2 years.

The season thing is something I have thought about as well. Perhaps You play vanilla for 2 years and BC comes out... you can COPY your toon to the new server and continue on... but can always play vanilla with your 60. Then again with Wrath. This gives you the best of all worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Are they the same game in more than name only?

Yes. They have the same content, and shit.

However, the Community part and the Vanilla part of Classic still stands, and needs no change. Classic was good cause it had a community, it was big, and it was amazing.

WoW Nowadays is get to LVL 110, LFR, do Normal/Heroic Raids, then quit.

That's it. PVP isn't that good anymore either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Cool story bro, but did you know that Blizzard actually told him beforehand that classic was going to be announced? Guess whos opinion they will be listening the most when they ask for community feedback, hardcore wow nerds like him or Billy Jenkins who posts his single line response on a forum.
    They're going to listen to Asmongold as much as they did to the Nostalrius team. That is, they'll lend him a token ear to whinge into so that he can feel listened to and important, until he gets too demanding and bothersome and then they tell him to sod off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post

However, the Community part and the Vanilla part of Classic still stands, and needs no change. Classic was good cause it had a community, it was big, and it was amazing.

The community can't be that great if players like Asmongold and those in the classic subforum containment bubble are the representative players for classic communities.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    They're not going to listen to him for shit. I don't doubt that he has a friend at Blizzard, but the people who make the decisions don't listen to him. They didn't listen to ANY of his whines about Legion and they're not going to listen to any of his whines about Vanilla. There's a reason why obscure theorycrafters and random pet battle people get more attention from Blizzard than he does. He's toxic, he whines, and he's wrong 90% of the time. But hey keep idolizing a guy that has a room filled with moldy soda cups.

You're not understanding that it's all about the money. It makes more sense to cater to and listen to Billy than it does to someone like Asmongold. His views are not a representation of the average player or the average raider, they're the views of someone that's part of an extremely small but extremely vocal minority in WoW.
    This is a very accurate statement. Don't understand the appeal or why anyone would listen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    They're going to listen to Asmongold as much as they did to the Nostalrius team. That is, they'll lend him a token ear to whinge into so that he can feel listened to and important, until he gets too demanding and bothersome and then they tell him to sod off.

The community can't be that great if players like Asmongold and those in the classic subforum containment bubble are the representative players for classic communities.
    If all he wants is them not to listen to the mobs but do what they intended to do when they announced Classic WoW - how is that them just lending him an ear so he can feel important?

And how is Asmongold a voice for the community? He's just 1 guy with 1 opinion that you ABSOLUTELY CAN disagree on and that's ABSOLUTELY fine.

It just feels to me like you have some uncalled for hatred for Asmondgold when he's just another meaningless streamer and you for some reason are feeling threathened and feel the need to bash him on your forum posts? Honestly haven't seen someone so weird yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    If all he wants is them not to listen to the mobs but do what they intended to do when they announced Classic WoW - how is that them just lending him an ear so he can feel important?

And how is Asmongold a voice for the community? He's just 1 guy with 1 opinion that you ABSOLUTELY CAN disagree on and that's ABSOLUTELY fine.

It just feels to me like you have some uncalled for hatred for Asmondgold when he's just another meaningless streamer and you for some reason are feeling threathened and feel the need to bash him on your forum posts? Honestly haven't seen someone so weird yet.
    Dont mind that user. Just another clueless post count hero who gets their information for classic WoW and WoW in general from other forum posters signatures. I have found its best to not interact with them they are quite unstable. Asmongold is a very conservative voice in the community and always has been, he was an unofficial spearhead in a lot of ways to get things where they are today.

TL;DR commies dont like Asmongold.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Dont mind that user. Just another clueless post count hero who gets their information for classic WoW and WoW in general from other forum posters signatures. I have found its best to not interact with them they are quite unstable. Asmongold is a very conservative voice in the community and always has been, he was an unofficial spearhead in a lot of ways to get things where they are today.

TL;DR commies dont like Asmongold.
    Are you okay?

So you disagreed to agree again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I've reached 60, will be reaching 60 on the official server as well. I'm by no means a high end gamer.
    Massive achievement. So does that make vanilla easy since you achieved max level?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    So you disagreed to agree again?

- - - Updated - - -

Massive achievement. So does that make vanilla easy since you achieved max level?
    I'd say so, yes. Time-consuming, grindy and convoluted, but not at all hard if one has the time and will to spend.

Speak for yourself kid.

To you perhaps.

Guess what, Classic was "getting to max level and quit" to many. Does that negate all the things OTHERS chose to partake in? No. Same with the current game, you can spend as much or as little time as you'd like playing and only partaking in the content aimed at the lowest common denominator but that doesn't mean everyone plays the game in such manners. Legion has more routes of progression and is nowhere near "raid-or-die" at that, compared to previous iterations.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Asmongold is not really someone i'd ever give a reasonable amount of caring towards when it comes to WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

I for one enjoyed the community of Vanilla. I for one still have a pretty tight community in Legion, even when I change servers or factions I tend to meet big groups of cool people. The biggest and funniest thing about this Games Community is the amount of social awkward morons that think it is Blizzards job to form communities and don't realise they have to put work into it themselves.

Also, there is far more to do now in WoW than Vanilla ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    he is right
    look at my own poll
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...at-people-want

people are whining at me for not having a 3rd poll option that includes tons of bug fixes
    they're complaining that i only had the 2 extreme opposites
    Gee, you pander your poll to the Purists and you wonder why people are complaining about your poll misrepresenting the other side.

I want changes and I wouldn't even vote for your second option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.