Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Trump pauses during remarks for sip of water

While addressing the nation Wednesday afternoon following his 12-day trip to Asia, President Trump abruptly paused his remarks -- twice -- to take a sip of water.

Speaking at the White House, Mr. Trump initially fumbled in looking for the Fiji water bottle and then ducked below the lectern in search of refreshment. Someone off-camera pointed out the bottle to his right on a nearby table. Once he located the water, he took a sip. A few minutes later, he took another break from his remarks to sip a second time.
    The nerve of this guy... I can't believe he's president.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-p...-to-sip-water/
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

While he did look as if he's a clueless bumbling idiot when a) first trying to FIND the water, and then b) trying to drink it, this is hardly worth it's own thread (despite you more than most likely trying to be sarcastic, and failing miserably at it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-p...-to-sip-water/
    Maybe you should have said that to Trump last year and we would have Rubio as president:

The incident recalled Mr. Trump's mockery during the 2016 campaign of then-opponent Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Florida, for his own awkward water break. The senator, who clearly needed water, awkwardly paused his 2013 response to then-president Barack Obama's State of the Union address to parch his thirst.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Certainly is stupid, I'm guessing the only real reason it's being commented on is because of Trump mocking Rubio for the same thing.

President Camacho stopped to mutilate his thirst with some Brawndo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    Certainly is stupid, I'm guessing the only real reason it's being commented on is because of Trump mocking Rubio for the same thing.
    Yes, Trump created a big deal of Rubio sipping water 3 years before Trump brought it up to give Rubio shit. I’m betting those who claim this is fluff against Trump, celebrated Trump trolling Rubio.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking choke artist. What a joke.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    Nope, it's not just that - it's also how he acted like a bumbling clueless idiot in both a) trying to FIND the water (and failing basic peripheral view perception) and then how he awkwardly drank it. Was a rather awkward minute of live television. >_<

Again, though, don't know if it needs its own thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Fucking choke artist.
    Putin likes that...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Nope, it's not just that - it's also how he acted like a bumbling clueless idiot in both a) trying to FIND the water (and failing basic peripheral view perception) and then how he awkwardly drank it. Was a rather awkward minute of live television. >_<

Again, though, don't know if it needs its own thread.
    It doesn’t... there is a humor thread for Trump and am sure there is a media bashing thread within a couple of pages of this forum.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, Trump created a big deal of Rubio sipping water 3 years before Trump brought it up to give Rubio shit. I’m betting those who claim this is fluff against Trump, celebrated Trump trolling Rubio.
    Rubio got a chance to comment.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/15/politi...tle/index.html

"Similar, but needs work on his form.Has to be done in one single motion & eyes should never leave the camera. But not bad for his 1st time," Rubio tweeted Wednesday afternoon, linking to a video of Trump stopping mid-speech to look for his water bottle.
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Thanks, at first I thought this thread had no purpose, but then I realized it was to point out that Rubio could have been our President. You must have been a Rubio supporter.

(Or you literally created a garbage thread to mock the media for pointing out that Trump had a moment exactly like the one he criticized Rubio for during the campaign. I'm going to assume the first and that this thread is working as intended.)

I know you're crushed, but maybe Rubio will run in 2020.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2017-11-16 at 02:55 PM.

Surely I'm not the only one that thought this was intentional. That he was pulling the most obvious and almost desperate attempt to distract his opponents with something ridiculous for a few days, like a covfefe.

I mean, he's never acted this weirdly before. It's definitely an attention grab.

I see it takes president tiny hands both of his hands to grab a bottle of water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Surely I'm not the only one that thought this was intentional. That he was pulling the most obvious and almost desperate attempt to distract his opponents with something ridiculous for a few days, like a covfefe.

I mean, he's never acted this weirdly before. It's definitely an attention grab.
    Seeing as how he is doing exactly what he has accused all of his opponents of doing. How much is left of uncovered accusations he made? Oh shit... maybe he has Parkinson’s, dementia, or what ever other disease his fan base was pushing Hillary as having. I think it’s Jaundice...

In my opinion were it not for the earlier mocking that this shouldn't have had a thread or any coverage on it for that matter.
    But Trump being as abrasive as he is will attract negative attention for any reason, whether arguably deserved or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one knew that water could be so complicated!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post

That wasn't exactly my thought, but something along those lines.

Either he's on his game and he took a shot at Rubio - unlikely because Trump doesn't have kind of subtle troll game, and too boot, this wasn't subtle enough to be good.

Much more worrisome - this wasn't an act, and his mental health is declining rapidly. I would HATE to think the Cheeto is going to slither out of all this shit with a mental deficiency claim down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    No one knew that water could be so complicated!
    Quote of the thread right here! :P

Make America Great Again!

drinks water from Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    He can't even drink water without looking like an idiot.

Grandpa needs a straw. Or maybe he forgot there wasn't a russian pee whore to feed him the water.
    His poor wife

It's quite amusing that after criticising Cruz for being a liar, Rubio for his on-camera water incident and Clinton for being under investigation by US intelligence, Trump is now generally regarded as a noted liar who had a water incident on camera and is under investigation by US intelligence.