Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of legendaries, are we looking at using ring + legs full time once we have 4pc or is there still going to be times where the helm will be swapped in, possibly once fights are on farm and the execute phase isn't lasting long enough to get value out of having the ring?

Deleted
    I can't make myself like the ring. Probably I'm doing something wrong but most of the time it is only good on paper: any disruptive mechanics during execute phase, and all damage benefits go out of the window compared to helm+pants combo. It is guaranteed good when you need to burn the last 20% very fast, patchwerk style, and don't care much about the rest of the fight, or if half or your group dies and you get a ridiculous number of stacks. Speaking for myself, I'm going to check logs over sims to see how it works on average fights.

I wanted to say: Thanks Archi, you're work is incredible. I look forward to seeing what changes (if anything) for Antorus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah my only issue is I still don't have the helm for fury sadly, got 4 possible legendaries left to get for Fury, so I'm just planning for the worse case scenario. Fingers crossed I'll have helm before Antorus drops but given we have less than 3 weeks now, I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by niaphim View Post
    I can't make myself like the ring. Probably I'm doing something wrong but most of the time it is only good on paper: any disruptive mechanics during execute phase, and all damage benefits go out of the window compared to helm+pants combo. It is guaranteed good when you need to burn the last 20% very fast, patchwerk style, and don't care much about the rest of the fight, or if half or your group dies and you get a ridiculous number of stacks. Speaking for myself, I'm going to check logs over sims to see how it works on average fights.
    Yeah, for me the ring just doesn't do it. You're way too dependent on getting a good execute phase which is not guaranteed due to either mechanics or the boss just dying too fast. The only boss on which I actually equip it is Mythic Mistress since the execute phase tends to be long, and even then losing stacks happens quite easily given the fight's mechanic and I rarely if ever can maintain the fish buff for an appreciable length of time due to all the shit she throws at you in ph3. Still managed to get a decent boss damage parse with it however.

We'll see how it functions in Antorus. I'd actually like to be able to take Massacre every fight. But the sheer amount of rage generated by helm + pants is hard to give up.

Deleted
    I admit it's stupid to be distrsftul of Sims but I still am sometimes. Melandrus was simming better than all my other rings for a long time but now Ring of Twisted Webbing holds the top spot. I'm a bit reluctant to change out Melandrus now, especially when I read:

'The Jeweled Signet of Melandrus provides a relatively significant bonus to Fury whilst still having a reasonably balanced stat budget on it. As melee attacks contribute a good amount via the Enrage Icon Enrage effect, the bonus auto damage can generate anywhere up to 1% extra DPS, so if you can acquire a powerful version of this ring it will be a very powerful choice.'

I don't know, can someone reply saying, 'just trust the sims' or something?

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...WndrqieiQ8Vzth

Edit: Simming does take into account the effect of Melandrus, correct?
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2017-11-10 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    I admit it's stupid to be distrsftul of Sims but I still am sometimes. Melandrus was simming better than all my other rings for a long time but now Ring of Twisted Webbing holds the top spot. I'm a bit reluctant to change out Melandrus now, especially when I read:

'The Jeweled Signet of Melandrus provides a relatively significant bonus to Fury whilst still having a reasonably balanced stat budget on it. As melee attacks contribute a good amount via the Enrage Icon Enrage effect, the bonus auto damage can generate anywhere up to 1% extra DPS, so if you can acquire a powerful version of this ring it will be a very powerful choice.'

I don't know, can someone reply saying, 'just trust the sims' or something?

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...WndrqieiQ8Vzth

Edit: Simming does take into account the effect of Melandrus, correct?
    First, yes sims do take into account the bonus to AA damage (wouldn't be very good simulations if they didn't, now would it?).

Second, I've no idea where you read that incredibly awkwardly written quote, but vagueness aside, the jist is correct; Melandrus can be quite competitive, though higher ilevel/better stat rings will typically beat it. Keep in mind that AA only affects a single target, so better itemized rings tend to be even better in multi-target situations.

TLDR: Just trust the sims.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    First, yes sims do take into account the bonus to AA damage (wouldn't be very good simulations if they didn't, now would it?).

Second, I've no idea where you read that incredibly awkwardly written quote, but vagueness aside, the jist is correct; Melandrus can be quite competitive, though higher ilevel/better stat rings will typically beat it. Keep in mind that AA only affects a single target, so better itemized rings tend to be even better in multi-target situations.

TLDR: Just trust the sims.
    It's from the icy veins guide.

You make a good point about auto-attack damage only affecting one target. That's something I didn't even think about...but I suppose that's why you're the guy making all the guides.

Thanks.

It's from the icy veins guide.

You make a good point about auto-attack damage only affecting one target. That's something I didn't even think about...but I suppose that's why you're the guy making all the guides.

Thanks.
    Ohhhh, I'm gonna have words with Wordup then!

And you're welcome.

Ohhhh, I'm gonna have words with Wordup then!

And you're welcome.
    Awful and verbose, you caught me

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Awful and verbose, you caught me
    That avatar fits you perfectly.

That avatar fits you perfectly.
    Hand chosen for accuracy!

Deleted
    Back seeking answers from the warrior god(s)

Just got KJ's burning wish. Should I consider this over for either ST or multi when having 930 moonglaives + 880 CF & having ceann, valarjar & najentus?

Slightly confused by the graphs I've seen where KJ's is on top.

Just got KJ's burning wish. Should I consider this over for either ST or multi when having 930 moonglaives + 880 CF & having ceann, valarjar & najentus?

Comparatively speaking its good, but the reason its not is the opportunity cost of not equipping another legendary such as helm, legs, belt in aoe and etc.... go to raidbots gear compare equip your usual set.... then choose the next set as using KJ and another piece that replaced the legendary you were using and see how it sims.

KJBW is bad, when it's compared to other trinkets in Sims, you'll always find it ahead, but look at the difference between it and the one right under it in dps, then compare their ilevels, you'll know then how bad it is, plus the fact that it takes the spot from one of your BIS leggos, there's no sugarcoating it.

Is COF still op trinkit or can i finally replace that anchor

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    Is COF still op trinkit or can i finally replace that anchor
    CoF is still our go to trinket until it gets nerfed more, which has not been reported as of yet.

Deleted
    Hi all,

Just read this: "Fury
    2-piece bonus (Item - Warrior T21 Fury 2P BonusItem - Warrior T21 Fury 2P Bonus) now causes the target to bleed for an additional 18% (was 30%) of the direct damage dealt by Rampage, over 4 seconds.
    4-piece bonus (Item - Warrior T21 Fury 4P BonusItem - Warrior T21 Fury 4P Bonus) now increases the damage of your Rampage by 25% (was 75%) for 8 seconds."

I have not been playing on PTR and do not realize the impact of this.
    Moreover most of other classes T21 are nerfed too.
    As Antorus is released soon, has anyone a view on how Fury is going to be?
    Second question: are the rotation and talent going to change to be more rampage focused?
    Thanks all and have a good day waiting for Antorus

Quote Originally Posted by Iwaria View Post
    Hi all,

Just read this: "Fury
    2-piece bonus (Item - Warrior T21 Fury 2P BonusItem - Warrior T21 Fury 2P Bonus) now causes the target to bleed for an additional 18% (was 30%) of the direct damage dealt by Rampage, over 4 seconds.
    4-piece bonus (Item - Warrior T21 Fury 4P BonusItem - Warrior T21 Fury 4P Bonus) now increases the damage of your Rampage by 25% (was 75%) for 8 seconds."

I have not been playing on PTR and do not realize the impact of this.
    Moreover most of other classes T21 are nerfed too.
    As Antorus is released soon, has anyone a view on how Fury is going to be?
    Second question: are the rotation and talent going to change to be more rampage focused?
    Thanks all and have a good day waiting for Antorus
    Sims still show fury at the top even post-nerf (7.3.2). This is because - as you pointed out - most other classes got nerfed too.
    Stick with fury, you can never go wrong being a warrior.

This guide is now outdated and will be unpinned, please keep any questions or comments relevant to T20 here, but move any discussion of T21 to http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Guide-amp-FAQ.