Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydindril View Post
    People only complain for the sake of complaining.

You are currently playing an entire expansion where it is indeed the case, that you can only equip the Artifact which belongs to your spec.
    WHY the fuck would you change that beyond Legion?!

This just does not fit spec fantasy at all. I would never want to equip that weird "Barrel on a stick"-Artifact Brewmaster Monks wear on my Mistweaver. It. does. not. fit.
    It was always about the class fantasy, not spec fantasy... Simply because you don't want it, doesn't mean others don't.

Answer me one thing: Why restrict it?

Deleted

You are currently playing an entire expansion where it is indeed the case, that you can only equip the Artifact which belongs to your spec.

This just does not fit spec fantasy at all. I would never want to equip that weird "Barrel on a stick"-Artifact Brewmaster Monks wear on my Mistweaver. It. does. not. fit.
    Then dont do it?

I earned my Disc 11 Prestige skin, why shouldnt be able to mog it as Shadow/Holy?'

That’s a shame. I prefer the hammer to ashbringer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xloudman View Post
    The fact is that there isn't anything else with a similar restriction. Think about the dps specs with multiple specs and blizzard's terrible record of balance. In a post artifact world, why shouldn't a mage who loves frost be able to transmog to ebonchil when they're playing fire, a MM hunter transmog to thas'dorah when they have to play BM, or a destro lock not being able to transmog to their scepter when they play aff.
    Because the artifacts are lore weapons, locked to a specific spec. For some classes that line is a bit thinner than others but it's pretty self explanatory.

Your mage example is a perfect to why it shouldn't work and hunter is why it should.

I'm not saying I'm in favor of this, just that it wasnt really surprising.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how "spec restricted" translates to what you're saying. They could easily make it so you can transmog anything into an artifact (and only for the artifacts). Calm down
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Because the artifacts are lore weapons, locked to a specific spec. For some classes that line is a bit thinner than others but it's pretty self explanatory.

Your mage example is a perfect to why it shouldn't work and hunter is why it should.

I'm not saying I'm in favor of this, just that it wasnt really surprising.
    Ebonchill literally has a fire skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    They just need to allow people to transmog any appearance they can use any weapon(s) they want. I'm fine with spec specific artifact appearances, but it's going to suck for people who love their artifact appearance to lose access to it for the entire expansion because the specific weapon type doesn't exist, or they never get to drop.
    This, plus speaking of weapons, I REALLY hope they put STR, AGI, and INT on every single weapon type, or we're gonna have tons of low-spec weapons, such as:
    - AGI Daggers (Sub/Ass Rogue)
    - non-Wand Ranged Weapons (BM/MM Hunter)
    - 1h STR weapons (Frost DK, Prot Paladin, Prot Warrior)
    - AGI Staves (Feral/Guardian Druid, BrM Monk)
    - AGI Fist Weapons (Enh Shaman, WW Monk, Outlaw Rogue)
    - Warglaives (Demon Hunters)
    - STR Shields (Prot Paladin, Prot Warrior), INT Shields (Holy Paladin, Ele/Resto Shaman)

Putting the other stats on weapons results in the following:
    - Daggers (every INT-user (except HPal), non-Outlaw Rogues)
    - Ranged Weapons still an issue.
    - 1h Weapons [Maces, Swords, Axes] (every spec except Ret, UH/Blood DK, Fury/Arms Warrior, Feral/Guardian Druid, BrM Monk)
    - Staves (every INT-user, every 2h AGI user)
    - Fist Weapons (Enh/Ele Shaman, WW Monk, Outlaw Rogue, Balance/Resto Druid, Prot Warrior) [not many more but still a few more]
    - Warglaives still an issue
    - Shields (Prot/Holy Paladin, Prot Warrior, Ele/Resto Shaman) [Shields have always been a low-spec weapon; might as well include the INT-users in every shield

Like, this is just silly.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-11-16 at 08:19 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

judging from the argus weapon transmogs, there's a chance weapon skins in BfA will be lack luster in comparison to artifacts. For some reason Artifacts are unusually high quality for many specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ebonchill literally has a fire skin.
    Good thing it also has chill in it's name

10+ Year Old Account
    If they will be working on less armor sets since they're phasing out tier bonuses maybe we can get more weapon options

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    This, plus speaking of weapons, I REALLY hope they put STR, AGI, and INT on every single weapon type, or we're gonna have tons of low-spec weapons, such as:
    - AGI Daggers (Sub/Ass Rogue)
    - non-Wand Ranged Weapons (BM/MM Hunter)
    - 1h STR weapons (Frost DK, Prot Paladin, Prot Warrior)
    - AGI Staves (Feral/Guardian Druid, BrM Monk)
    - AGI Fist Weapons (ENH Shaman, WW Monk, Outlaw Rogue)
    - Warglaives (Demon Hunters)

Like, this is just silly.
    this could actually solve the issue. why lock weapons to a single primary? by opening it up, people can target what they want and they dont even have to make the artifacts class based.

I'm just glad we're getting them at all to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    this could actually solve the issue. why lock weapons to a single primary? by opening it up, people can target what they want and they dont even have to make the artifacts class based.
    Well it definitely would solve the issue of never finding a specific weapon for mog.

That or just unlock Mog already.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Before they gutted all the classes i recall fire having a spell called FrostFire

Ok what about this.
    A fire mage really loves felo'melorn. He's a relatively casual player, but still cares about his character progression to an extent, so he'll play fire in BFA whether or not it's the best spec but try to get the most out of fire he can. Felo'Melorn is his favorite thing about the game, he's found a transmog that works with it. He's running Uldir LFR, kills a boss, and hits his bonus roll. "Man, I really hope I get that pair of shoulders, the azerite power on it is really good." "ITEM UPGRADED" the prompt says to him. It pops up and it turns out he got a mega ultra titanforged socket staff. Suddenly he has to choose between his cool transmog, or a significant power upgrade. But he still likes the fire ebonchill skin, so he thinks "hey, i've got a pretty similar ebonchill fire color scheme to the felo melorn color i was using, I guess I can still look like a firey fire mage" But the evil Ion Hazzacoaster says to him "NO, YOU CANNOT TRANSMOG IT TO LOOK LIKE THIS NOW POWERLESS STICK THAT WAS USED TO DEFEAT SARGERAS"

(Full disclosure I main a hunter)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Before they gutted all the classes i recall fire having a spell called FrostFire
    You mean that ridiculous spell nobody asked for? Not really a good enough reason ;p

Ok what about this.
    A fire mage really loves felo'melorn. He's a relatively casual player, but still cares about his character progression to an extent, so he'll play fire in BFA whether or not it's the best spec but try to get the most out of fire he can. Felo'Melorn is his favorite thing about the game, he's found a transmog that works with it. He's running Uldir LFR, kills a boss, and hits his bonus roll. "Man, I really hope I get that pair of shoulders, the azerite power on it is really good." "ITEM UPGRADED" the prompt says to him. It pops up and it turns out he got a mega ultra titanforged socket staff. Suddenly he has to choose between his cool transmog, or a significant power upgrade. But he still likes the fire ebonchill skin, so he thinks "hey, i've got a pretty similar ebonchill fire color scheme to the felo melorn color i was using, I guess I can still look like a firey fire mage" But the evil Ion Hazzacoaster says to him "NO, YOU CANNOT TRANSMOG IT TO LOOK LIKE THIS NOW POWERLESS STICK THAT WAS USED TO DEFEAT SARGERAS"

(Full disclosure I main a hunter)
    In that scenario he's just out of luck, it sucks but it's not like there's plenty of other options.

edit;

I'm bummed about the Silverhand hammers only being for Paladin but there's nothing you can do about it.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2017-11-16 at 08:32 PM.

An absolute crap decision that underscores how out of touch they are with the community.
    I see it more like the community is asking for stuff they should simply never get. Spec specific weapons should stay with the spec. Otherwise all monks would wear the same BrM staff cuz they're are the best artifact in the game by far. I mean they change the stance of your character and it's fucking beer.

I also know there is lore and stuff as to why each artifact weapon so i know why the weapon it self is locked to a spec.
    But i don't see why the appearances should be i mean its basically just a magical illusion to make your weapon look different.

Its not like your wearing the "lore heavy stat stick" so why lock it behind a spec it makes no sense to me.
    Just let me use the looks of the cool weapon i unlocked but don't use.

Maybe there is more to this whole lore thing i don't know i don't really care ether i just want to look cool.

10+ Year Old Account

I look forward to not being able to use the holy paladin artifact ever again though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I look forward to not being able to use the holy paladin artifact ever again though
    You don't know they'll move away from healing two-handers, pretty sure it's something that'll stay. (not that it's THAT new)