Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    Actually having to play the game, and not suck, to get rewards.
    Lol, ignoring completely the ass-level players being brought along to raids and getting rewarded simply on the merits of being max level... and afk-tanking as a Warrior tank using a macro...

Sorry, this game never rewarded you for not playing to some extent, and players sucked balls yet that didn't stop the rewards from coming their way.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-16 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Didn't say anything about optional graphics though as far as I'm aware.
    bwcause as he said, they are just putting a team together and have nothing to share on specifics.

looking forward to servers going up in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    Thank you blizzard, NO CHANGES AMEN!

Also blue post in the EU classic forums saying the same thing

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617081562
    I fail to detect the phrase "no changes" in the blue text.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I fail to detect the phrase "no changes" in the blue text.
    click on the blue post quick button, it will take you to the WoW CM

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Didn't say anything about optional graphics though as far as I'm aware.
    The game will have optional new graphics, that's not even up for debate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Looking at your signature, I can see why anyone would disagree with you.
    If you think Classic WoW is immune to losing subs you're delusional. Literally every game ever loses subs/players over time.
    And even if BfA is worse than Classic, it'll have more people playing simply because it gets updated with new content.
    More salty tears please
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    they're not going to balance the classes lol..
    Which makes me wonder why they are even going to keep the bad specs in the game (and yes inb4 people say there were no bad specs). Sure you can mess around with them in dungeons or questing/leveling/grinding/farming, but nobody is going to be happy when they get the useless free HK specs in their bgs and unless you're getting carried you're less likely to get into raids as very below optimal specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Malaysianesia View Post
    Unviable really only pertains to raids. Nothing can stop you from doing whatever spec you like for leveling or dungeons. So the curious thing is why all of a sudden there are hordes of feral druids and retribution paladins and all the other people out there that want to raid molten core
    Not to mention raid gear would have to be completely revamped since Tier sets don't support that playstyle.

Would people really want to raid as a feral druid and receive healing gear as a reward? That's what a raiding druid got, healing gear.
    I was decked out in T2 and had hand me downs from rogues for my feral offspec. To balance classes, they'd have to redo a lot of things that were never in Vanilla to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    click on the blue post quick button, it will take you to the WoW CM
    I can navigate the official forums, thank you. I found the blue text on my own. What I did not find the words "no changes" in it. It's general-purpose customer-service filler all the way.

Deleted
    This puts me at rest

10+ Year Old Account
    I never claimed it was. The other guy used viable feral as an example that should never happen and I'm trying to find out what's the harm in that.
    1. Hybrids in Vanilla had really powerful utility both in and outside of raids, so if they balanced their numbers to be competitive with pure DPS they would be seriously overpowered in the long haul. In Vanilla most of the utility spells are baked into the class, not the spec (not just healing specs get the utility abilities). This utility would have to be reduced to make Hybrid DPS specs reasonable, which then pushes the game towards being like Live where everyone has a bit of everything and they all feel the same.

2. Some classes weren't viable for reasons other than numbers - hybrids usually had high mana costs on their damaging abilities which led them to run oom in specs like Shadow or Elemental. However, mana management is a key part of every caster class in Vanilla and reducing costs throws the balance of mana use and length of raid encounters entirely out of whack, which means that raid encounters would likely need to be re-tuned.

3. It wasn't just about numbers and abilities - tier sets were for one role only per class, and hybrid sets were all for healing. That means more sets would need to be created, which pushed the game away from Classic again. Further to that, many of the issues hybrids had revolved around gear availability and itemisation, which means that more items would need to be added across the board to make them viable. Revamping the loot tables in Classic is a huge move away from the original iteration of the game.

TL;DR: Class balancing in Vanilla is one thread in a complex net. It's tied to available gear, to basic stat functions like in-combat mana regen and spellpower vs AP (having to gear Hybrid melee classes with caster gear), to innate boss resistances (Nature resist guts Elemental's viability through AQ), to tier sets being role-specific for classes, to numerous other things. It's not something you can just "balance" without completely revamping the landscape of Classic.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    I can navigate the official forums, thank you. I found the blue text on my own. What I did not find the words "no changes" in it. It's general-purpose customer-service filler all the way.
    NO CHANGES is just the name of the movement to keep classic classic,

"We want to reproduce the game experience we all enjoyed from the original game." "Classic is something we are undertaking for all of you, the community, and the above discussions are just some of the things we'll be looking to you for feedback on." "After all, a lot was changed and added in the 2 (and a bit) years between WoW's launch and the release of The Burning Crusade expansion."

They're only discussing changes made inside the vanilla patch cycle from 1.1 to 1.12.

Deleted
    I grow tired of asking, but... how would viable feral dps impact your life? Could you demonstrate how it would harm you?
    Because MUH'nilla and S..S..Slippery Slope. Cmon dude you know their stock answers by now

The more important quote is not what features they will have but what "VERSION OF VANILLA WE WILL HAVE." So everyone saying better graphics shit like that, i seriously doubt it.

I feel Blizzards number one goal will be to restore and preserve classic wow. Updated graphics etc can always be done later on ("WoW remastered" /whatever).

As they said, the real question is where do they restore and preserve? Release date? My bets will be on 1.12.1, as this seems to represent the vanilla game the most, after its initial teething problems were ironed out.

And I think its pretty clear they won't be class balancing, or adding QoL improvements etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    Yes crap graphic is inconvenient because it might break someones eyes and has no nice textures
    Yes balanced specs are convenience cause now you can conveniently tank with your pala same as war
    So yeah he meant exactly that there won't be any of graphics or class balancing crap.
    Thanks for confirming what Ion meant exactly, it's good to have a Blizzard insider on these boards. P.S. when you see him, do say thanks for fucking the game up.

There was simple rule, durning vanilla ballancing process back then, if your class can do everything you cant be best at everything simple as that, yea you can play druid who can tank, heal or dps but u wont ever be best at it in any way thats the price for hybrid classes.

In topic, just cut the forums crap and trolls, toxis answer for a moment and think on your own, There was/is many private servers over the years with vanilla on it right? We are not delusional and we know that one of the reason in doing classic server is money right? So why would ever blizz shoot their own foot with realseing "new a bit more balanced" version of game if they can actually see what version ppl on private server plays and enjoys?

Yea you can say "but there is many more ppl who wonna play classic then those ppl on priv servers" yea thats true but those ppl who play vanilla now are much more trustworthy clients because they love vanilla so much that they are actually playing it right now, most of the ppl who votes for "small balance" changes are ppl who do not play vanila right now, they say they will if x and another x happends etc.

So answer question: Why would blizz risk making any game changing "fixes" or "balance updates" if those ppl who actually realy want to play vanila are happy with lack of balance and original state of game? Is counting that all those ppl who wonna change stuff will play a bit naive? when on other hand you have ppl who dont want any changes and alot of them are actually playing vanila right now on this "old so bad not balanced without Qq changes" servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theroflcopta View Post
    The more important quote is not what features they will have but what "VERSION OF VANILLA WE WILL HAVE." So everyone saying better graphics shit like that, i seriously doubt it.
    Share the quote?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    There was simple rule, durning vanilla ballancing process back then, if your class can do everything you cant be best at everything simple as that, yea you can play druid who can tank, heal or dps but u wont ever be best at it in any way thats the price for hybrid classes.
    No one is asking for hybrids to be the best at each role, that isn't fair. Just to be viable in each.

Deleted
    I think anyone that truly believes this means Classic will be without any changes is just naive.

What he's saying in no way suggests we're getting pure vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    I think anyone that truly believes this means Classic will be without any changes is just naive.

What he's saying in no way suggests we're getting pure vanilla.
    Shhhhh don't let them know. It was nice seeing them happy for once.