Going back to Weapon Drops

So get ready to expect the following:
    - AGI Daggers (Sub/Ass Rogue)

- non-Wand Ranged Weapons (BM/MM Hunter)
    - 1h STR weapons (Frost DK, Prot Paladin, Prot Warrior), 1h AGI weapons (WW Monk, Outlaw Rogue, Demon Hunters, Enh Shamans)
    - AGI Staves/Polearms (Feral/Guardian Druid, BrM Monk, Survival Hunter)
    - AGI Fist Weapons (Enh Shaman, WW Monk, Outlaw Rogue)
    - Warglaives (Demon Hunters)
    - STR Shields (Prot Paladin, Prot Warrior), INT Shields (Holy Paladin, Ele/Resto Shaman)

Hopefully, they'll be smart and put all primaries on all weapons, resulting in a decently better array:
    - Daggers (Sub/Ass Rogues, every INT-user except HPal)
    - 1h Weapons [Maces, Swords, Axes] (every spec except 2h-exclusive specs (Ret Paladin, UH/Blood DK, Fury/Arms Warrior, Feral/Guardian Druid))
    - Staves (every INT-user except HPal, every 2h AGI user); Polearms (every 2h AGI or STR user, Balance/Resto Druid, MW Monk)
    - Fist Weapons (Enh/Ele Shaman, WW Monk, Outlaw Rogue, Balance/Resto Druid, Prot Warrior) [not many more but still a few more]
    - Shields (Prot/Holy Paladin, Prot Warrior, Ele/Resto Shaman) [Shields have always been a low-spec weapon; might as well include the INT-users in every shield
    - non-Wand Ranged Weapons and Warglaives (?) still an issue.

(I believe I got them all? Feel free to tell me otherwise!)

Anyone else really hoping we don't end up with a ton of low-spec weapons, resulting in the crap frustrations when that one low-spec weapon drops for your raid every time you kill the boss?
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-11-16 at 08:39 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

This will be so fun when 3 warglaives drop in the raid but you have zero demon hunter.

Or whatever is the demo lock weapon type already. Skulls?!
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2017-11-16 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    This will be so fun when 3 warglaives drop in the raid but you have zero demon hunter.

Or whatever is the demo lock weapon type already. Skulls?!
    Demo Locks will be using what all the other typical casters use: Daggers, Staves, 1h weapons of their own specific type (Locks use Swords), Wands, and potentially off-hands if they use a 1h. The Skull is just a fancy off-hand frill.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

HFC shields were already multi-stat, so that'll probably stay, but i don't seem them changing weapons. You've always had weapons drop you can't use (agi daggers no rogue, etc) you're never going to go through a raid night and not have something useless drop.

They should make Warglaives a special subclass of Swords. If you are DH they get extra "warglaiveness", if you are not they keep the sword looking art.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    HFC shields were already multi-stat, so that'll probably stay, but i don't seem them changing weapons. You've always had weapons drop you can't use (agi daggers no rogue, etc) you're never going to go through a raid night and not have something useless drop.
    But I don't see why they couldn't change weapons, especially given how artifacts will be spec-specific mogs that are locked to that weapon type. Like, do you see 2h Int weapons that aren't a staff ever dropping? If not, that means HPals will NEVER get to mog their sweet 2h Mace again. Just seems odd to make such a change and not greatly improve upon the archaic system that was weapon drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait, really. I loved the Artifact system but felt more like a walking stick.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    But I don't see why they couldn't change weapons, especially given how artifacts will be spec-specific mogs that are locked to that weapon type. Like, do you see 2h Int weapons that aren't a staff ever dropping? If not, that means HPals will NEVER get to mog their sweet 2h Mace again. Just seems odd to make such a change and not greatly improve upon the archaic system that was weapon drops.
    Warhammer of Arrogance would like a word :P. But I never said they couldn't, more that I doubt it.

and as for the the t-mog thing, I think a lot of people are actually looking to get AWAY from legions weapon locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I can't wait, really. I loved the Artifact system but felt more like a walking stick.
    I do agree that having weapons dropping again will feel good, especially when you get a super-strong weapon over your current one, or one that looks sweet (weapon mogs severely lacking in Legion!), but I'm reeeeally hoping they fix the feeling of getting drops that not a single person in your raid can use. Mail might be the least used armor type, but at least 6 of 36 specs (1/6th of the specs, or ~16.67%) use it, while some weapons are used on as few as only 2 of 36 specs! (1/18th, or ~5.55%)

I'm not looking forward to getting anally crushed by the lucky Frost DK who gets 2 max titanforge BiS 1 handers in the first month of the new raid while I'm stuck using last tier's weapons. My angus is peppered.

I AM excited for new weapons again. I was happy with the dps dk appearances, but I also like getting new weapon appearances over time.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-11-16 at 09:11 PM.

Warhammer of Arrogance would like a word :P. But I never said they couldn't, more that I doubt it.
    Sorry I concede: ONE weapon in the last few expansions that was actually a 2h Int weapon that wasn't a Staff. XD

and as for the the t-mog thing, I think a lot of people are actually looking to get AWAY from legions weapon locks.
    While true, it seems weird to even add them to transmog if you can't mog them. Feral/Guardian Druids, while they can mog their forms, can't even mog their weapons because they can't dual wield (and won't even use Daggers/Fist Weapons [respectively]).

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Sorry I concede: ONE weapon in the last few expansions that was actually a 2h Int weapon that wasn't a Staff. XD

While true, it seems weird to even add them to transmog if you can't mog them. Feral/Guardian Druids, while they can mog their forms, can't even mog their weapons because they can't dual wield (and won't even use Daggers/Fist Weapons [respectively]).
    They may be able to... Idk, whole weapon system needs a looking at IMO, I mean... everything is just going to hunters again anyway... .doh