Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They should just ban the Nazis and be done with it.
    Sure.

They can go ahead and do that. Then they can ban President Triump fans, and those who have conservative views, and anyone who doesnt go along with the Leftist hivemind..becaiuse of course the best way to deal with people who have opposing views is to silence them.

That works.

No, it doesnt.

7+ Year Old Account
    This would be like me giving out name tags to people and then taking them back when I get complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's a private site and business who cares what rules they enforce? You're on MMOC for gods sake, the epitome of OTT censorship
    We're fast approaching the point where all communication venues are private and the right to free speech by current definition being irrelevant.

That's not a good thing.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Sure.

They can go ahead and do that. Then they can ban President Triump fans, and those who have conservative views, and anyone who doesnt go along with the Leftist hivemind..becaiuse of course the best way to deal with people who have opposing views is to silence them.

That works.

No, it doesnt.
    Conservatives are not the same as Nazis. Right wingers need to stop equating the two. True conservatives should stop defending the crazy far right.

Ben Shapiro is a conservative. I vehemently disagree with him. He should not be banned. Baked Alaska is a Nazi. He should be banned.

OKay, Twitter can do this stuff all they like. All they will do is drive people to places like Gab, where their posts will be "I am here because Twitter decided to silence what I said because it didnt fit their political bias".

And they will be correct.

Twitter really is a horrible place lol it should just shut down

And i know this site is mostly an echo chamber but nazis lol, what a non threat

Deleted
    Twitter is the leftist version of Stormfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    Twitter is the leftist version of Stormfront.
    lolwat? Do explain this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    We're fast approaching the point where all communication venues are private and the right to free speech by current definition being irrelevant.

That's not a good thing.
    Believe it or not the internet is not the USA and there is more than one standard of free speech. Which I guess is why we just default to "private company, make your own standards, suffer the consequences and reap the rewards".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    lolwat? Do explain this one.
    Let's just say that presenting yourself there as a white christian male, with a political leaning to the right is like signing up as a black guy on Stormfront. It's ok to post ISIS propaganda though. Those are left for a long time but gotta crack down those nazi armadas that will take over us any day from now.

Let's just say that presenting yourself there as a white christian male, with a political leaning to the right is like signing up as a black guy on Stormfront.
    That seems a bit odd considering every major politician seems to have a twitter these days. Could you provide some examples of white christian males being harassed for just being slightly right leaning?

Deleted
    That seems a bit odd considering every major politician seems to have a twitter these days. Could you provide some examples of white christian males being harassed for just being slightly right leaning?
    Yeah and Trump's account was deleted for a short time. That sounds like very egalitarian to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    OKay, Twitter can do this stuff all they like. All they will do is drive people to places like Gab, where their posts will be "I am here because Twitter decided to silence what I said because it didnt fit their political bias".

And they will be correct.
    Gab, a place that practically nobody has ever heard of. Alexa rank 17000. Twitter is ranked 12.

At least their logo is wisely chosen.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Yeah and Trump's account was deleted for a short time. That sounds like very egalitarian to me.
    What does that have to do with "white christian males with a slight right leaning being harassed"? Someone trolled the president by deleting his account before they left the company, it doesn't really add into the grand conspiracy you seem to be on about.

Deleted
    What does that have to do with "white christian males with a slight right leaning being harassed"? Someone trolled the president by deleting his account before they left the company, it doesn't really add into the grand conspiracy you seem to be on about.
    And you go ''Never saw it therefore didn't happen''. See I can do it too. And lol at troll. I bet there would be a different response if he deleted Hillary's account.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Believe it or not the internet is not the USA and there is more than one standard of free speech. Which I guess is why we just default to "private company, make your own standards, suffer the consequences and reap the rewards".
    Oh, I would say the internet is the USA now in many respects. I have no stats, but so much public discourse (if you can call it that) happens in comment sections and social media now.

I strongly think we ought to aim higher than defaulting to private companies and standards. We are already seeing where that leads: safe spaces and echo chambers. Where no one has to hear arguments they don't like, and ignorance and hate of "the others" can grow unchecked.

"Hate speech" is a thin line from "speech I disagree with". Its definition must be kept narrow.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

And you go ''Never saw it therefore didn't happen''. See I can do it too. And lol at troll. I bet there would be a different response if he deleted Hillary's account.
    I still don't see the giant conspiracy at hand like you do, please help cause I'm genuinely curious if twitter has become this giant anti-right wing area because the most I've seen is banning people who actually do hate speech.

If Hillary were president and someone deleted her twitter, I would laugh as well. Mostly because people are so upset over 11 minutes without the presidents twitter.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Seems weird because isn't verified supposed to be about preventing impersonation and proving identity?

If its about endorsing or not endorsing people, then pretty much anybody will be unverified. I mean, what are the standards and are they just up to the personal whim of whoever runs Twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Conservatives are not the same as Nazis. Right wingers need to stop equating the two. True conservatives should stop defending the crazy far right. Ben Shapiro is a conservative. I vehemently disagree with him. He should not be banned.
    I think the issue is that people like Shapiro oftentimes do get smeared as White Supremacists, though - despite them not actually holding any such views.

Deleted
    the most I've seen is banning people who actually do hate speech.
    Hate speech these days means disagreeing with people of left leaning. ie. ''I don't think Trump is that bad.'' Good potential for doxxing right there. Also you throw conspiracy around as if I'm a tinfoil hat loon so I can see your stance on my perspective. So much for tolerance lol