10+ Year Old Account
    as a side note,

In Emerald Nightmare, the armor was recolors of the Tier set. These didn't feel like they had a connection to the zone.
    they know they didn't use recolors of the tier sets and used the exact models of the tier set from that matching difficulty right? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I heard the answer in full, your post doesn't give me anything else we didn't already know.

My point remains: It's frustrating he wasn't asked directly about circumstances like Horde who have Army of the Light finished. Will they need to completely do it over on an Alliance character? That seems pointless and irritating. And if Alliance have finished the Nightfallen campaign, is that not sufficient?

We still don't know, and it isn't likely he'll be asked again this Q&A.
    I am really wondering about this too. An answer in advance would be nice so people can work on getting some levels and reputations up on Horde (or Alliance) for whichever Allied Race they wish to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean... what are the supposed to say? They don't want to spoil the antorus story (which for many people hasn't been) so lore is out. We already know a majority of the systems going into it. What did you want them to say?
    Shhh, you are making sense, you can't do that here.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Shhh, you are making sense, you can't do that here.
    Oh shit, sorry! *crawls under rock*

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    Yeah, totally agreed on that. I think the idea of melee hunter spec is great and I hope they stick with it, but the whole mongoose bite stacking thing was a chore and just not very fun. With the artifact going away they have a pretty good excuse to rework the central mechanic of the spec a bit.
    I like the idea behind Mongoose bite but the execution was bad. It devolved pretty quickly into just "spam Mongoose Bite, then try to bait extra charges of Mongoose Bite."

Issue was that it could scale infinitely, should have been a cap, or just the usual "next 3 attacks deal x% more damage"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well I think we wanted them to say when it will be up?
    I mean, if anyone thought they would get it up before Thanksgiving and antorus I have a bridge to sell them. 7.3.5 ptr WILL spoil the antorus ending, so I wasn't ever expecting it sooner then the week of antorus but more likely the week after.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, if anyone thought they would get it up before Thanksgiving and antorus I have a bridge to sell them. 7.3.5 ptr WILL spoil the antorus ending, so I wasn't ever expecting it sooner then the week of antorus but more likely the week after.
    Exactly. They went out of their way to conceal it in 7.3.2, would be borderline retarded to spoil it with PTR now.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't be surprised to see 7.3.5 come up the day Antorus pops up on live (maybe they'll wait for EU) since people will go into the raid as soon as the servers are up so they can beat it. Builds usually come up in the afternoon so chances are a handful of people will have already killed Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Meh, everyone who cares to know about these things knows already. The people who don't follow such news don't actually join the PTR
    You'd be surprised how many people hate spoilers but will hop on to test class and balance changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to see 7.3.5 come up the day Antorus pops up on live since people will go into the raid as soon as the servers are up so they can beat it.
    Right, and normal is always a pushover for most raiding guilds so we'll see the end of it before the end of the day, but maybe 7.3.5 wed/thurs US, tues isn't always PTR day.

So, with no mention of allied races coming in 7.3.5, and the Silithus battleground mentioned as coming out at a later point rather than with the initial 7.3.5 launch, I'm starting to think the allied races are going to launch sometime after 7.3.5 as well. In the files and all, but encrypted and unlocked once the preorders go live a month or two after 7.3.5.

Deleted
    So, with no mention of allied races coming in 7.3.5, and the Silithus battleground mentioned as coming out at a later point rather than with the initial 7.3.5 launch, I'm starting to think the allied races are going to launch sometime after 7.3.5 as well. In the files and all, but encrypted and unlocked once the preorders go live a month or two after 7.3.5.
    i mean its almost certain they'll just give em out with prepatch so people have something to do(a la demonhunter) but they'll probably put out prepatch a bit earlier this time around so people have the time to roll their new races(lets be real if a new expansion comes out noone bothers to lvl a new character or boost one with less gear, only way to really play one is race change and who the fuck does that on release)

7+ Year Old Account
    I’ve never been so disappointed after one of these Q&A’s. I want to be a dinosaur damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    I’ve never been so disappointed after one of these Q&A’s. I want to be a dinosaur damnit!
    Same. Q&As often dampen the hype, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tier sets being related to the raid is not an absurd thing. I mean let's think of the Throne of Thunder tier. It wasn't fully based on Class, only slightly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Well they said it's be up in a couple of weeks at Blizzcon. Anyway, we will most likely know when it will go up later tonight anyway. I kind of expect it to go up tomorrow, with Ion prefacing it in the Q&A and asking people to please, please go to the PTR and level a character.
    Well, Ion said it's coming "quite soon" - we'll see what that means. Maybe it's really coming in December (or within the next two weeks) but I still doubt it. Might be wrong though.

Nevertheless, PTR testing of 7.3.5 will last for several months imho, at least until February. I really don't see them throwing out a patch with those features within 4 weeks of PTR testing.

(weren't some of the allied races scheduled for 7.3.5? In the Q&A write up they're not mentioned anymore for 7.3.5)
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-11-16 at 10:16 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

It depends on the tier and sometimes they really stretch it with connecting. In ToT, if you removed the rogue tier’s name you’d have no clue that it was connected to ToT.

1st tiers of the xpac have almost always had tier themed around the xpac instead of around the raids. I mean warriors got a deathwing tier set.

In Antorus we get: Naga gear for Hunter, Troll gear for Shaman, Pirate gear for Rogue, Bearmantle gear for Druids. Now first 3 of those are some of my favorite model gear of all time but, clearly have nothing at all to do with Antorus.

- - - Updated - - -

This makes sense to me. And it wouldn’t surprise me if they are going to gradually release the 7.3.5 storyline without any announcement like that mini Magni cutscene popping out of nowhere.

Essentially timegating the story without anyone noticing it being timegated until it appears.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That's how I felt about survival. Seemed really cool, but buff juggleing sucked.
    Ya as much as I love melee hunter, that spec is waaaay too involved for me.

You really know it’s tough when just about every level of player says so as well

Can anyone explain the point about zone-related sets to me? So, the looks of these are not restricted to classes? I had trouble understanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Can anyone explain the point about zone-related sets to me? So, the looks of these are not restricted to classes? I had trouble understanding.
    They will be art related to the zone they are dropped from.
    For example, something dropped from Zandalar will have more jungle themes, more related to Troll culture and art.
    Something dropped from Kul'Tiras will have more things related to sea and the areas of the island.
    More or less following this pattern.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Tier sets being related to the raid is not an absurd thing. I mean let's think of the Throne of Thunder tier. It wasn't fully based on Class, only slightly.
    Maybe it's just I'm a hunter and every set has basically been "here's a local skull to wear" but I don't get the hate for this move.

Especially since it sounds like Blizz is actually putting MORE total work into gear by applying the same fidelity as tier sets to questing gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draedarr View Post
    For example, something dropped from Zandalar will have more jungle themes, more related to Troll culture and art.
    Something dropped from Kul'Tiras will have more things related to sea and the areas of the island.
    To expand on that. Likely gear from Sea Priest Land will be the datamined robe with the map on it, and the staves will have tentacles on them. While gear from, say, Tiragarde Sound would have a more captain/pirate feel to it.

And then gear from Dusk Witch Land will be very natural, witchey, and witch hunterey.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I believe EVERY monk raid set so far has orbs of some form on it except maybe 1 I can’t remember.

The one complaint about it I would like them to possibly address: ya there’s like 20 paladin sets but there’s only a few DH sets. Not many to choose from there. Another DH set or 2 could help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draedarr View Post
    One thing I’m curious about with the reaction of people on this is: even if the gear models are at the level of raid gear, so many people just do not ever transmog quest gear. That it required no effort to get seems to really stick with people.

So even though the quantity and quality may stay true same, will many people care if it’s all quest gear?

I know a few people who get very creative with their transmog sets but many just seem to go for “random raid set x”.