Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Only 4-8 Armor Apperances Per Raid Zone.

"There will be one appearance per armor type per zone, but more variety across zones."

Figure this question deserves its own discussion. How do you fell about the reduction in armor art in BfA? Unless they plan on giving pvpers unique armor again, this is honestly disappointing. Slashing the number of models nearly in half. Is the art team starved from Legion or something? They said it isnt a reduction in resources but 4-8 vs. 12 is alot less imo.

Maybe this means more allied races and faster Goblin and Worgen updates?

They also said that this opens up for more exhaustive work being put into gear models from other sources than just raiding.

But why focus on the potential, when we can just assume the worst?

Where are you getting 8? It's 1 per zone, or raid tier. I imagine the pvp will still copy the current raid tier. So they are getting very lazy and only making 4 armor sets.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone needs to do the math, but what we apparently known from BfA:

6 zones, each zone will have a specific set per type of armor. So, 6 cloth sets.
    Then, 2 raids at the first tier, wich means 2 cloth sets.
    Total: 8 sets (not counting recolors)

In Legion, we got 3 cloth raid sets in the first tier.
    1 set for leveling, 1 for blue, and 1 for epic. I may be mistaken.
    Total: 6 sets.

Is this right? Maybe not. But this "no more raid mog sets per class" in the raid is lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They also said that this opens up for more exhaustive work being put into gear models from other sources than just raiding.

But why focus on the potential, when we can just assume the worst?
    i did say if this leads to more sets for other things besides raids and 5mans thats good. But legion already has unique dungeon armor for patch content. so i'd expect unique pvp sets and other new sets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Someone needs to do the math, but what we apparently known from BfA:

6 zones, each zone will have a specific set per type of armor. So, 6 cloth sets.
    Then, 2 raids at the first tier, wich means 2 cloth sets.
    Total: 8 sets (not counting recolors)

In Legion, we got 3 cloth raid sets in the first tier.
    1 set for leveling, 1 for blue, and 1 for epic. I may be mistaken.
    Total: 6 sets.

Is this right? Maybe not. But this "no more raid mog sets per class" in the raid is lazy.
    again if pvp gets 2 sets per armor type per tier thats 2 more sets on top of the 2 or 1 we get, which makes it the same as legion for the most part

IF PvP sets are different from raid sets (four sets from a different race of each faction for each season would be interesting), and there is more than one raid for each tier (at least the first) and each raid has four different sets, then it's fine.

However, if each tier is just another ToC, it'll be a weak expansion for transmog.

...that's a lot of each's.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-11-16 at 10:47 PM.

lul they just trying to reduce art cost. acitivision influence is starting to show more and more

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It sounded from the Q&A as if their plan was to permit more mix-and-match from across "sets" as opposed to having what was functionally a "leveling set," a "tier set," and so forth. It sounded like the zone gear would be visually more functional and less ostentatious (like it currently is in Legion), and raid gear would have more frills and effects but would still fit in with the zone gear in a thematic fashion - letting you compare and contrast pieces across the various segments to get a personal look you like while still keeping to the overall theme.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

My only concern of this is that we are going to get a bunch of dungeon quality art armor vs raid tier armor. I'd rather have 3 raid tier art sets vs 12 generic dungeon quality looking art sets

This might not mean less art in general. It's just spread out more. Instead of just focusing a lot on raid sets, now we can have a nice set in raid, a nice set in Warfronts, a nice set from Island expeditions, a nice unique set for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It sounded from the Q&A as if their plan was to permit more mix-and-match from across "sets" as opposed to having what was functionally a "leveling set," a "tier set," and so forth. It sounded like the zone gear would be visually more functional and less ostentatious (like it currently is in Legion), and raid gear would have more frills and effects but would still fit in with the zone gear in a thematic fashion - letting you compare and contrast pieces across the various segments to get a personal look you like while still keeping to the overall theme.
    That might work fine at the start of the expansion, but once we move into later raid tiers then there are less "new" options available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    lul they just trying to reduce art cost. acitivision influence is starting to show more and more
    I seriously wonder when people will stop spouting this utter nonsense..

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Where are you getting 8? It's 1 per zone, or raid tier. I imagine the pvp will still copy the current raid tier. So they are getting very lazy and only making 4 armor sets.
    Which is exactly what I feared when they decided to remove tier sets, we're heading straight back to TOGC design.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Just like how Artifacts was Blizz being lazy and not wanting to put new weapon art in, yet we ended up with 216 unique models for a total of 864 weapons (counting color variations), which was more than they ever added for an expansion? That's not even counting non-Artifact appearances like the Paladin/Death Knight Legionfall armaments.

There's also the possibility they make a lot more recolors of each set.

Which, ok, it isn't great. But I've looked at tiers and tier-look-alikes in the past and thought "I like the shape, but I don't like any of the color combinations".

Yeah, I'm usually optimistic and forward-thinking about new expansions and their changes...

...but removing tier sets for the reasons they provided, with the solutions they provided, really leave me scratching my head.

Taking away tier? Really? That was, like, the driving force to raid in the past and one of the main reasons I started raiding. I wanted that super-cool feeling of having my whole set, and I still get that feeling when I completed more recent tier sets. I even enjoyed that feeling back in Diablo and Diablo 2 when I'd complete one of the sets.

What the fuck is this dev' team smoking, man? Sure tier sets may have some backlash with legendaries, but that wasn't tier's fault. That was stupid BIS legendaries conflicting with gear slots even more.

With each dev' interview, they chip away at my love for this game. -_-
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2017-11-16 at 11:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    That might work fine at the start of the expansion, but once we move into later raid tiers then there are less "new" options available.
    I suppose it depends on how it's done - if we get more possibilities between different types the net outcome would be more customization. But if the selection is winnowed down significantly then the ability to mix and match would also be pretty severely undercut, I agree. The proposed ratio was less overall sets vs. more capability to mix appearance between sets - we'll have to see if the total amount of gear is enough to facilitate it to the majority's liking.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Which is exactly what I feared when they decided to remove tier sets, we're heading straight back to TOGC design.
    They've sort of always done that except for tier gear. As in there is only one mail leveling gear that both Hunters and Shaman share. Only specifically tiers were different.

Also OP it is confusing when you use "zone" for raids. If you are refering to Raid Dungeons then 4 is ridiculous since we have 12 classes. If it is 4 for actual world zones then that is like a no issue because that is generally how they have done it before. However if they can have some small part of them have variety based on class it doesn't matter either. I don't mind if the model is the same for both Hunter and Shaman as long as they fit to the class.

I am not a fan of going with generic armor sets that aren't tied to a class as I think we'll lose a lot of class identity there.

However this could end up providing way more sets than we got with Legion depending on what he actually meant when he said Zones. If he means raid zones and world zones then yeah we'll get a bit more, if he meant raid zones then we'll get a lot less. Hopefully they clarify at some point

Look there's already an exhaustive amount of armor in the game. The rivers aren't going to run red with blood just because one expansion has 1 less armor set at launch than the previous.

WoD launched with 5 sets btw, if we include the garrison barracks set. Legion launched with 4.