Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So instead of everyone having new unique sets, everyone will be looking the same? (Unless they transmog into the old garbage) Do I have that right? Plate wearers all have the same looking armor, same with cloth and leather etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Invictae View Post
    I am not a fan of going with generic armor sets that aren't tied to a class as I think we'll lose a lot of class identity there.

However this could end up providing way more sets than we got with Legion depending on what he actually meant when he said Zones. If he means raid zones and world zones then yeah we'll get a bit more, if he meant raid zones then we'll get a lot less. Hopefully they clarify at some point
    Yeah this kinda miffed me. They said verbatim during Legion's development that raid sets are going to be class-based, not zone based like Cata - WoD. It was refreshing to me because MoP's PvE sets and WoD's first raid tier sets were horrendous. I prefer class-based. Zandalar themed raid sets are going to be hit and miss IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    So instead of everyone having new unique sets, everyone will be looking the same? (Unless they transmog into the old garbage) Do I have that right?
    It's been this way in every expac. Without transmog priests, locks and mages would have all looked the same in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Yeah this kinda miffed me. They said verbatim during Legion's development that raid sets are going to be class-based, not zone based like Cata - WoD. It was refreshing to me because MoP's PvE sets and WoD's first raid tier sets were horrendous. I prefer class-based. Zandalar themed raid sets are going to be hit and miss IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been this way in every expac. Without transmog priests, locks and mages would have all looked the same in Legion.
    But will raids have unique sets of armour for each class? I'm a bit confused here.

Deleted
    I can get a friend from uni and design a tier set for each class + elite pvp sets for each season in 1 week and still be better than all the crap blizzard is throwing out since cataclysm. It's just pure laziness, stop trying to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    But will raids have unique sets of armour for each class? I'm a bit confused here.
    No, it sounds like each raid will have a set for each type of armor...so a cloth set, a plate set, etc...

Yeah it sucks. I dunno what he was talking about it being that way every xpac as that is just not the case

- In Emerald Nightmare, the armor was recolors of the Tier set. These didn't feel like they had a connection to the zone.
    - For years, the team has spent all of the art time on making sets for classes, then recolors for the rest of the loot table.
    - When you go into the new raid, the new sets will fill like they fit with the Troll, Titan, Corrupted vibe.
    - If you want that iconic Paladin look, there are lots of existing sets out there to transmog to.
    - The team is adding art variety to the world in this expansion. There will be more options than ever before, rather than a 22nd take on the Priest fantasy.
    - What would an Old God themed Paladin set even look like?
    - The team will get back to class based art eventually, but for BfA variety is being added.
    - There will be one appearance per armor type per zone, but more variety across zones.
    - This is the first time that non class set armor will get the full high fidelity treatment. The additional 3D armor pieces and other details that go into the normal Tier sets will be applied to these new sets.

___________________________________________________________________________________

^

The points people like to just ignore.

Remember how Artifacts were just "ActiBlizz being lazy and trying to save on art assets?"... Yeah, Legion sure gave us SO little in terms of appearances...

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    I seriously wonder when people will stop spouting this utter nonsense..
    When hell freezes over?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surgex View Post
    I can get a friend from uni and design a tier set for each class + elite pvp sets for each season in 1 week and still be better than all the crap blizzard is throwing out since cataclysm. It's just pure laziness, stop trying to justify it.
    Hah, I doubt it.

How about you and your friend do that, and upload the sets for MMO-C to view and judge?

Quote Originally Posted by Invictae View Post
    No, it sounds like each raid will have a set for each type of armor...so a cloth set, a plate set, etc...

Yeah it sucks. I dunno what he was talking about it being that way every xpac as that is just not the case
    Then maybe I read it wrong. I thought each class would still have their own armor sets in raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    I seriously wonder when people will stop spouting this utter nonsense..
    It's especially ridiculous since vivendi (The Blizzard side from Activision-Blizzard) had 52% of stock when they merged and if they really need to say "X owns Y" (which is still false.) The more logical conclusion would be that Activision is owned by Blizzard.

OT: If the sets look good I don't really care all that much, the same themes being repeated every raid tier is a bit tiring. This gives them the opportunity to make the sets a lot more unique.
    Last edited by mmoc2c2eb13044; 2017-11-16 at 11:23 PM.

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Hah, I doubt it.

How about you and your friend do that, and upload the sets for MMO-C to view and judge?[/QUOTE]

You believe that what are blizzard's artists throwing out in terms of art for tier + pvp sets is good? Please show me your house/flat decoration .... but nvm i don't wanna become blind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this mean there won't be class unique armor appearances anymore in BfA? I'm not sure what I think about that. Seems weird that they're getting rid of class themed armor sets AND reducing the amount of armor appearances.

On the flip side, weirdly enough I like the idea behind armor types sharing appearances for all classes. It doesn't really make much sense logically to have a boss drop class themed gear. Makes more sense for them to drop gear with appearances that are relevant to the raid.

Majority of people take advantage of transmog anyway.

I’m not fussed, just give me an edgy overcoat model for my outlaw rogue and I’m happy.

From an artistic standpoint it feels they want to make the armor of this expansion thematically relevant, not to cut down on art assets. IMO it would be like in Legion we had a nightborne-ish armor, and a vrykul one, etc. Armor art that reflects it's context within the lore and game, not forced because of class. For example, DK armors often feel like they don't fit, etc.

So maybe, our cloth armor from Drustvar will be something very witchy and ancient, and for Stormsong Valley perhaps something sea priest-ey.

As if i would run around in different armorlook after i get the mythic warlock t21 non set parts for my mage maybe nonset t19 priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surgex View Post
    - - - Updated - - -You believe that what are blizzard's artists throwing out in terms of art for tier + pvp sets is good? Please show me your house/flat decoration .... but nvm i don't wanna become blind.
    He never said that what Blizzard does is good. He/She just said that you should probably backup your nonsensical claims.

You really intimidated him into submission there by mocking his home decor. You really showed him.

This is worrying really. Unless there is 1 set per levelling zone and unique pvp sets then we will really end up with much less variety overall compared to tier-based system.

Also what if a new major patch comes out? Will we really only have 4 freaking sets for that patch? That's not acceptable to me. I fucking hate ToC style sets.

For now I will hold Ion to his words that this will not be reduction in art but just spreading out more. We will see.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-11-16 at 11:44 PM.

Deleted
    Where did you get 8 from? It's 4, one per armor type and it's most likely going to be nothing but generic Warrior/Hunter/Rogue/Mage stuff.

He meant Raid Zone, there's nothing else about it. It's typical ToV or Chromie Scenario or SoT bullshit ... you'll get generic 4 sets and that's it. Must be awesome working for WoW Art Department ... amazing pay I bet and they can't come up with fun concepts at all ... and the year is 2017 ...

I've been pretty skeptical about the idea since the only example of "one armor set per armor type" we have is the LFR armor sets from WoD.
    Here's something worth keeping in mind, though. There will probably be more resources spent on designing those sets now that they won't be working on one for every class. Not to mention we've seen some pretty amazing armor art in Legion. Also, the previews we have seen so far don't look that bad either.

I could probably poorly articulate myself on this some more, but I'll just sum it up with "wary, but optimistic".
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-11-16 at 11:55 PM.

it's just another middle finger to raiders, just one more in a long line; "sorry raiders, we know you liked having unique armor themed to your class every tier, but we need to prune that down to just 1 generic instance-themed armor set per type that nobody will ever transmog into, because mythic+ needs more dangly bits and 3d models on their gear"

This will last all of 1 expansion before they realize its a horrendously stupid idea and revert it in whatever comes after BFA, if anything comes after this incoming dumpster fire of an expansion at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post

I could probably poorly articulate myself on this some more, but I'll just sum it up with "wary, but optimistic".
    Pretty much sums it up. I’m hoping this will lead to some really great sets buuuut we’ll see :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I've been pretty skeptical about the idea since the only example of "one armor set per armor type" we have is the LFR armor sets from WoD.

Here's something worth keeping in mind, though. There will probably be more resources spent on designing those armor types now that they're not working on tier sets for every class. Not to mention we've seen some pretty amazing armor art in Legion.

Right ... so what if for example some leather set looks a bit better than average Rogue set, how does that help Monk/Druid/Demon Hunter who have nothing in common with rogues but 'armor type' classification ...

Me for example, I love the Tier 21 Mythic for warriors, but I wouldn't like it on my DK, because it simply doesn't fit.