Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why do I feel this expansion is the death nail?

Just have that doom and gloom feeling this one is the long slide to free to play or death of wow?

Because you're no different than the other thousand of doomsayers that have come and gone over the decades?

Because there are additional factors in your external life that have guided you to that conclusion or you are just incredibly ignorant of the state of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Because you're no different than the other thousand of doomsayers that have come and gone over the decades?
    This. End of the thread.

One person's "feeling" doesn't really matter. Most people think Legion is a step in the right direction.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    HAHA! How very apt, and I also feel like there's a 'basic bitch WoW edition' joke here to meme the hell out of.
    I mean shit... Crendor already destroyed this 6 years ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7fBjaa0odE
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    HAHA! How very apt, and I also feel like there's a 'basic bitch WoW edition' joke here to meme the hell out of.
    I mean shit... Crendor already destroyed this 6 years ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7fBjaa0odE
    I'm surprised I haven't seen this video before. Sums up my thoughts exactly.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely feel like I'm coming to the end of a long book series. It's just not over yet. It's hard to ignore that we're fast eliminating the remaining threats and narrowing down to the Void Lords as the last big bad before they gotta get creative or just hit a reset button on the universe in a future IP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Just like Legion was gonna be the death nail.

...and Warlords of Draenor.

...and Mists of Pandaria.

...and Cataclysm.

And, for what it's worth, the term is "death knell".

death knell
    ˈdeTH ˌnel/

noun

the tolling of a bell to mark someone's death.

used to refer to the imminent destruction or failure of something.
    "the chaos may sound the death knell for the peace plan"

Why do I feel like I've read this post before... oh wait, because I have... a thousand times

Join the club of tens of thousands of people having had the same feels with absolutely no anchoring in reality... Not even during WoD...

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post

And, for what it's worth, the term is "death knell".
    I think he was confusing it with "The last nail in the coffin" maybe?

"Death Nail" sounds like the name of a randomly generated champion in Diablo.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, one persons feeling is the end of WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    One person's "feeling" doesn't really matter. Most people think Legion is a step in the right direction.
    Legion is amazing, it's BfA that looks like complete shit with every passing day.

10+ Year Old Account
    The doomsayers have been right since Cataclysm, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    Legion is amazing, it's BfA that looks like complete shit with every passing day.
    and both of those statements are opinions. There are plenty of people who think Legion is complete shit, and there are plenty of people who think BfA is looking good so far.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    It has been a really decent expansion so far, Draenor was one of those expansions that made me feel that nothing good can come out of this but i am more than fine with legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you're looking for shit to feel negative about.

It's your problem, not ours.

EQ2 will be the death of wow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think he was confusing it with "The last nail in the coffin" maybe?

"Death Nail" sounds like the name of a randomly generated champion in Diablo.....
    I figured. But I kind of wanted to be snarky, since it was such a silly comment to make about the expansion.

Also, "Death Nail" sounds like a metal band.

WE. ARE. DEATH NAIL!
    ...and the crowd goes mild.