Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    It was racist and sexist, but the comment was taken out of context.
    Because skin color and gender are important in any insulting context.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Which part offends you, the society or the justice?
    The society part.

The idea of applying justice to am entire group of people is antithetical to the idea of justice

Stop being such an SJW.
    So I kinda wanted to try and break this down a bit.

The implication here is that by decrying racism against white men (and it is racism, after all - replace "white" with "black" in that tweet and it's really ghastly), if you do that, you are the same as the SJW's who bring attention to racial issues and are derided for it. But here's where I don't think it's entirely on point: The derision against SJW's comes mostly against the fringe elements. For example, if somebody tweeted, "I really hate black men", and SJW's got up in arms about it, no serious number of people would be deriding them, they'd be agreeing with them.

Where the derision comes from is things like saying milk has racist undertones, or that hoop earrings are cultural appropriation, these kinds of fringe elements of SJW culture.

So, I don't think that if someone is complaining about a racist statement about whites, and someone calls into the discussion the comparison to SJW's, I don't think that's accurate.

I think it would be accurate if supertony51 had posted a story about "Happy Holiday" mugs being an attack on Christmas, for example. A truly direct comparison to the fringe that spawns SJW derision.

Deleted
    Never understand these threads. White people pretending to be victims. It is pathetic.

Is this how the alt-right works? "Join us! We are losers!" Catchy.

Go back to the "White Power!" shit, at least that doesn't sound impotent.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2017-11-16 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Never understand these threads. White people pretending to be victims. It is pathetic.

Is this how the alt-right works? "Join us! We are losers!" Catchy.

Go back to the "white power!" shit, at least that doesn't sound impotent.
    Being white doesn't mean you're immune to racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    This is a very good post.
    Well thank you, sir.

why would you hate white men?

they're responsible for almost all furthering of the human race

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-11-17 at 12:00 AM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    The only context it would be acceptable to say that in is if you're quoting someone else as an example of things not to say.
    If her friend wasn't offended it would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

If her friend wasn't offended it would be.
    No, it's a racist expression of hate against white people no matter how you spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    Because skin color and gender are important in any insulting context.
    Never said they were.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    A leader of a prominent political organization outright said something that couldn’t be construed any other way than exactly what she said. She’s just been in the echo chamber long enough that she thought she could get away with it, joking or not.
    This is what I fucking hate about you people. Someone said something dumb and one of your two parties of selfish, greedy retards circulates it endlessly and you all get ritualistically synthetically outraged about a total non-event.

It seems like not being racist/sexist is a thing a good many people like to claim themselves of... but how no idea what it actually entails.

Double standards are a huge part of how people screw up... and would get called out more if others had any idea what true unbiased racism and sexism looked like.

Deleted
    Stop being such an SJW.
    Don't be that guy.

No, it's a racist expression of hate against white people no matter how you spin it.
    I agree, it still was taken out of context.

Deleted
    Being white doesn't mean you're immune to racism.
    Yeah it does. Unless you live in Zimbabwe or something where white people experience genuine disadvantages as a consequence of racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    So I kinda wanted to try and break this down a bit.

The implication here is that by decrying racism against white men (and it is racism, after all - replace "white" with "black" in that tweet and it's really ghastly), if you do that, you are the same as the SJW's who bring attention to racial issues and are derided for it. But here's where I don't think it's entirely on point: The derision against SJW's comes mostly against the fringe elements. For example, if somebody tweeted, "I really hate black men", and SJW's got up in arms about it, no serious number of people would be deriding them, they'd be agreeing with them.

Where the derision comes from is things like saying milk has racist undertones, or that hoop earrings are cultural appropriation, these kinds of fringe elements of SJW culture.

So, I don't think that if someone is complaining about a racist statement about whites, and someone calls into the discussion the comparison to SJW's, I don't think that's accurate.

I think it would be accurate if supertony51 had posted a story about "Happy Holiday" mugs being an attack on Christmas, for example. A truly direct comparison to the fringe that spawns SJW derision.
    Well written and well said, to Thank you boulders gate mage

I agree, it still was taken out of context.
    It doesn't matter if someone takes it out of context as it's not okay to say in any context except if you're quoting someone as an example of things not to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Yeah it does. Unless you live in Zimbabwe or something where white people experience genuine disadvantages as a consequence of racism.
    No, it doesn't. If you beat someone down because they're white, that white person was a victim of racism.

People who have a blanket hate for the majority of the population should be ostracized.

Deleted
    It was racist and sexist, but the comment was taken out of context.

It was a stand alone tweet with no apparent context, other than the flimsy justification she offered in the apology after it was reported. Not like bigotry is better with rationalization.

So you’re okay with politically involved people proclaiming on a public platform that they hate white males (for any reason)? I just want to make sure I understand your position.

Hint: systemic/institutional racism doesn’t permit anyone to do the exact same shit they are crusading against.
    It's Hammurabi time! Only, doing it to random people instead of the people who wronged you.

Isn't justifying one kind of racism hilarious?