Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Personally, the only thing I'm really interested in are any reveals, especially Nintendo ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Mario Odyssey is GotY for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    PUBG should not be a GOTY contender in my opinion. It's not even officially out yet.
    There's a few questionable points I'll agree.

Like Destiny 2 under "ongoing support", despite the fact that...the game just came out. It hasn't had a chance to be supported yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    My main complaint with horizon is the voice acting just felt wooden, if it had better voice acting it would probably be top of my list for goty. Visually and gameplay wise the game was great,but it was just let down by the shitty voice acting.
    Can't help but disagree. Ashly Burch was decent enough, Rost dito, Erend was actually good, but the star of the voice acting show was definately Sylens. I also really enjoyed the numerous voice recordings from the start where you explore the cave as little Aloy till the end of the game where you listen to voice-mail from the various soldiers. Those voices were filled with emotion that made them extremely believable and authentic. The alpha's were good too. It wasn't 10/10 but to me the voices were memorable.

An example. After listening to the voicemail where you get to find out that the military were altering letters to home and hearing how a wife questioned the authenticity of the letters and how she misses the real him actually made me emotional. And that was merely a trivial voicerecording in the game.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/st...23058448777217

Geoff says this year will have the biggest number of reveals at the show in it's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There's a few questionable points I'll agree.

Like Destiny 2 under "ongoing support", despite the fact that...the game just came out. It hasn't had a chance to be supported yet.
    PUBG under that is even worse. ITS NOT EVEN "RELEASED" YET! I hope to fucking god that a game thats still in Early Access has ongoing support. Fuck

The video gaming industry is doomed. If PUBG wins anything it will be a testament to how far the industry has fallen

Gaming Award shows mostly being chances to advertise hasn't really changed much I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    PUBG under that is even worse. ITS NOT EVEN "RELEASED" YET! I hope to fucking god that a game thats still in Early Access has ongoing support. Fuck

The video gaming industry is doomed. If PUBG wins anything it will be a testament to how far the industry has fallen
    With the way how badly that game is "optimized" Support is questionable.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Oh look, Zelda and Mario. They made way too many of the categories if you ask me (especially Mario). And the only thing Destiny 2 is deserving of at this point is best music/score. And LOL at games not even officially released yet as contenders for GOTY (looking at you PUBG).

These game of the year awards are getting more and more retarded as time goes on. Just a bunch of fanboys and shills pushing their game to the top, regardless of the actual quality/merit of some of them.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-11-16 at 10:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to make sure Battlefront 2 wins this. Just think of the reactions afterwards.

Just looked at the list, wtf, PUBG??? There is some weird shit on this list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Oh look, Zelda and Mario. They made way too many of the categories if you ask me (especially Mario). And the only thing Destiny 2 is deserving of at this point is best music/score. And LOL at games not even officially released yet as contenders for GOTY (looking at you PUBG).

These game of the year awards are getting more and more retarded as time goes on. Just a bunch of fanboys and shills pushing their game to the top, regardless of the actual quality/merit of some of them.
    I'd argue that Zelda at least deserves those awards. It's an undisputed masterpiece that completely revolutionized open world as well as Zelda games.

Wow, a bunch of games I don't care about. I shouldn't be that surprised, considering the lack of great games this year (and scummy business practices from developers).

At least Warframe and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice made the list.

Thanks for listing this, I'll have to look up many of them.

7+ Year Old Account

While the music in Destiny 2 is not bad, Nier: Automata outshines every game in that department imo. I'm afraid Destiny 2 will be empty handed at the end of the game awards and they won't be getting my money for the expansions either.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I'd argue that Zelda at least deserves those awards. It's an undisputed masterpiece that completely revolutionized open world as well as Zelda games.
    To me, Zelda: breath of the wild goes into the historybooks as the most overrated game in gaming history. It will win the rewards based on bias and nostalgia. The game is definately very good, but not as good to label it the best game in gaming history.
    Last edited by Ladyoftheforest; 2017-11-16 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    While the music in Destiny 2 is not bad, Nier: Automata outshines every game in that department imo. I'm afraid Destiny 2 will be empty handed at the end of the game awards and they won't be getting my money for the expansions either.
    ^This. Destiny 2 has one fantastic song called 'journey' the rest is forgettable. Nier has a lot of tracks like Song of the Ancients, Pascals village and Weight of the World that stick around long after you beat the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The fact that "the end is nigh" isnt in category for music is outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Zelda deserves to be on there more than Mario, that’s for sure. But I feel like Zelda got nominated for far too many categories. And I would definitely not go as far to say that it’s an undisputed masterpiece that completely revolutionized open world games. It took most of its cues from open world games before it and just put its own twist on some of them. The game is good, but does not deserve all the praise that it has been getting. It’s success is still largely due to fanboys and nostalgia. Hell, the retarded durability system in Zelda alone is enough to nix it from game of the year, IMO. Its storytelling left much to be desired as well, especially when compared to other modern games.

Zelda deserves to be on there more than Mario, that’s for sure.
    Hardly. SMO is a far better game then a Ubisoft open world tower game that lacks an interesting story and has more copy pasted content then ubisoft games even.

SMO is reviewed better, will sell better, has far more love and diversity put into it, oozes charm while BoTW is about on par with FF1 in the charm category.

SMO is absolutely a masterpiece, BoTW is an over hyped game and only gets the resounding praise it does due to a great art style and being delayed for 3 fucking years and transcending 2 Nintendo gens.

I have to admit it's quite humerous to see Nintendo fanboys gushing about BoTW being revolutionary when it's mostly just doing things AC1 did a decade ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The fact that "the end is nigh" isnt in category for music is outrage.
    Probably because Edmund stopped having good music in his games when he pissed off Danny B?

15+ Year Old Account
    Zelda for music? What music? If they don't pick nier, they don't know what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    To me, Zelda: breath of the wild goes into the historybooks as the most overrated game in gaming history. It will win the rewards based on bias and nostalgia. The game is definately very good, but not as good to label it the best game in gaming history.
    Except historically, these awards usually go to Western developers.

https://www.destructoid.com/do-japan...--472841.phtml

(ignore the 2nd half it starts to get into some funky nonsense, the fact does still stand though that rarely do Japanese developers win from this specific award).

I don't mind BotW being there for GotY, but I think if anything, it earned its spot in "Best Game Direction" over Super Mario Odyssey. I love SMO, but it was more of a "Return to Super Mario 64" style game, a throwback, and while Zelda was also somewhat, it was also the biggest breakaway from the normal style of Zelda.

While yeah, it could be argued that they took popular features from other open world games, it still shook up the Zelda series more than Mario did.

That being said, I would give Persona 5 or SMO GotY over BotW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horizon for every cat its nominated for

Resident Cosplay Progressive