Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    artifacts gone just before the expansion -> artifacts gone long before expansion

Keeping the current patch-release-cycle in mind it is beyond me how you could jump to such a conclusion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatAgain666 View Post
    There will be a line outside the local goblin pawn shop with countless 'heroes' with Ashbringer and Doomhammer in there hands waiting patiently to pawn it off for beer money.
    That's what hyperinflation looks like in Azeroth But in all honesty, it's a much needed downgrade imo. Stuff like artifacts would have been cool in a single player RPG... Not so much in an MMO.

Most likely something in the pre-patch that have some story about us having to sacrifice our weapon for some greated good stuff, then we get some OP green quality item that deals twice the damage of our Artifacts.. Its kinda how life goes in WoW.

"Oh look at this incredible weapon of imense power!" two years later "ooh shiny stick with nice stats" *trows artifact out*
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Considering that it is likely that some will have different fates (if Thrall is becoming a central figure, he should get his hammer back), it makes sense for them to have individual ends. It's a tall order since it means a lot of quests (even if it is just 2-3 quests per weapon we are talking about 100 of them right there) but it would allow them to preserve the items for future use in lore and give them an opprotunity to give a send off not just to the weapons but to the class orders as well.
    Oh I hope they do something like that, anything else would be a let-down to be fair. Shouldn't be too much to ask for, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    You can unlock the Balance of Power appearance after Legion. You will not however be able to get the mage tower challenge quest appearances or the mythic+15. So if you want them as transmog you have until next expansion. If you want the mage tower appearance, you only need to get the original appearances. The color skins that require dungeons, RBGs, etc, can be unlocked after Legion.
    Can you give some source on that, I will love if that's really the case!

Also, when I level alts, do I get the artifact again when I get to lvl100 or 101 or whatever? How does this work, do you (or anyone) have any clue?

Also, achivements, there is like 600 connected with artifacts, do we get all of them in legacy tab now?

I really hope they expand on what can and can't be transmogged, because it will be terrible for specs that had a specific artifact type to lose access to that appearance because they change weapon types. DH specifically, I hope glaives can be mogged onto swords and other stuff, because it will be awful for glaives to be rare and lose access to such an iconic class weapon and be stuck wielding a dagger. Same for classes with fist weapon artifacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    Can you give some source on that, I will love if that's really the case!

Also, when I level alts, do I get the artifact again when I get to lvl100 or 101 or whatever? How does this work, do you (or anyone) have any clue?

Also, achivements, there is like 600 connected with artifacts, do we get all of them in legacy tab now?
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=2#post-32

Deleted
    And any info on my other 2 questions? Thanks

I just hope there's some uniqueness to the story of how we lose them. We did various things to get them, so I wanna do various things to lose them. Some can be given back to their owner (Thrall for instance), others could be passed along as heirlooms for the orders we are leaving behind (Ashbringer), others might be too dangerous or even corrupted (Shadow Priest weapon).

It wouldn't be out of place for some to lose their power or be destroyed. I just hope it's not something simple like "everybody gathered around a big hole in Silithus and threw them in". The way I kinda hope they do it is for the them to say that we've been absorbing power alongside our artifacts and don't need them any more. (they'd be best used in the hands of those weaker than us)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    I just hope there's some uniqueness to the story of how we lose them. We did various things to get them, so I wanna do various things to lose them. Some can be given back to their owner (Thrall for instance), others could be passed along as heirlooms for the orders we are leaving behind (Ashbringer), others might be too dangerous or even corrupted (Shadow Priest weapon).

It wouldn't be out of place for some to lose their power or be destroyed. I just hope it's not something simple like "everybody gathered around a big hole in Silithus and threw them in". The way I kinda hope they do it is for the them to say that we've been absorbing power alongside our artifacts and don't need them any more. (they'd be best used in the hands of those weaker than us)
    I dont think, that we give back someone our weapons... for example. Why i should give back Thrall a Doomhammer, when he become my enemy. Because Im Dwarf ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    DH specifically, I hope glaives can be mogged onto swords and other stuff, because it will be awful for glaives to be rare and lose access to such an iconic class weapon and be stuck wielding a dagger.
    You can mog Glaives into Swords and axes now, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it vice-versa.

I wonder how they will handle characters that don't have them yet. Like level 80 warrior. If I level him post artifact death. What happens when he hits 100? Nothing? Place holder?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    You can mog Glaives into Swords and axes now, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it vice-versa.
    They may have changed this, because you could only mog glaives onto glaives prior to the expansion launch.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So long as we don’t “give” them away or something utterly stupid.

I’ve heard people say we should give the Ashbringer to Alleria’s halfbreed runt. Fuck that, I’m not about to give him a weapon he’ll probably end up using against my own faction.

Same for Alliance players and doomhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I wonder how they will handle characters that don't have them yet. Like level 80 warrior. If I level him post artifact death. What happens when he hits 100? Nothing? Place holder?
    All artefact weapons are staying for the Legion owners.

10+ Year Old Account
    They may have changed this, because you could only mog glaives onto glaives prior to the expansion launch.
    Don't know about changes bun I've been playing my DH since 7.2 and never had a problem mogging Glaives into swords/axes.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Don't know about changes bun I've been playing my DH since 7.2 and never had a problem mogging Glaives into swords/axes.
    You can mog a sword onto a glaive, but I don't think you can mog a glaive onto a sword, but, I could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can mog a sword onto a glaive, but I don't think you can mog a glaive onto a sword, but, I could be wrong.
    don't see why you wouldn't be able to. It's probably locked to DH but still.

You can mog glaives into sword. Im guessing 8.0 will be the artifact send off.

Seriously doubt we'll be losing out on our weapons at any point in Legion, or during the Pre-BfA expansion event.