Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I doubt they'd point and laugh, one-half to one-third of the group would probably agree with him. The key part is to not try to humiliate the kid, but to open up a dialogue.
    I doubt even a third of those kids would actually understand why he's wearing the shirt. I doubt he understands why he's wearing that shirt. He's 12. The most he will understand is that his parents think CNN lies. That's really it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I doubt even a third of those kids would actually understand why he's wearing the shirt. I doubt he understands why he's wearing that shirt. He's 12. The most he will understand is that his parents think CNN lies. That's really it.
    12 is the age where kids start to develop critical thinking skills. It would have been appropriate to talk about why people think CNN lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    I would think that's actually pretty funny. I also wouldn't have a problem with it. I'd rather teach kids to have a sense of humor and be able to accept different opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Ar..are you still here? Baffling. I don't understand how you got this out of what I said, but once again, everyone else seems to ignore you because you don't actually add anything to the conversation, guess I'll just do the same.
    You want to say they have freedom of speech, but it's clearly not the case, as you demonstrated for me. Thanks for proving my point for me, that made it nice and easy.

why is this news?

I thought it was funny. CNN is either too thin-skinned or the school believes CNN is too thin-skinned.

Also, it's not trolling if it's the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

12 is the age where kids start to develop critical thinking skills. It would have been appropriate to talk about why people think CNN lies.
    Because they've been caught lying bald-faced over the most trivial shit before? C:

Kid is probably a Russian Agent trying to divide people.

Or so CNN might report.

Saying CNN is fake news isn't an opinion. It's factually false information. In a learning environment, that should be addressed.

Fox News is highly biased, tends to only post conservative opinion pieces and news stories that put conservatives in a good light on their home page, but I wouldn't call Fox News "fake news" either.
    There's plenty of people who call Fox News fake news for obvious reasons. Hell, the whole "fake news" thing started attacking the right-wing outlets. Left-wing outlets just got a little sour when it was turned around on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think that's actually pretty funny. I also wouldn't have a problem with it. I'd rather teach kids to have a sense of humor and be able to accept different opinions.
    And I wouldn't allow either, because there's a time and a place for political humor and when it potentially insults your host, it's not appropriate. Teach kids to have a sense of humor, but also teach them to be tactful and professional, and to put things in their proper places.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And would you be happy if a class went on a field trip to Fox News and a kid had a shirt reading "Faux News?"

Come on, be professional. Teach kids to be professional.
    Wait so kids with Faux News and FNN shirts are not okay but adults at their job wearing Fuck Trump shirts we laud because of them using their right to free speech, or what?

7+ Year Old Account
    Saying CNN is fake news isn't an opinion. It's factually false information. In a learning environment, that should be addressed.

Fox News is highly biased, tends to only post conservative opinion pieces and news stories that put conservatives in a good light on their home page, but I wouldn't call Fox News "fake news" either.
    CNN hasn't ever lied or mislead? They have been 100% factual their entire existence? Not only talking about mistakes, they have been caught numerous times straight up lying and staging interviews and such. But okay, if you say so.

Oh wow, so fox news is biased , but CNN isn't? That's about all I need to hear from you to know what kinda hypocrite you are. There isn't a news organization in existence out there that isn't biased to one side or the other. Fox certainly is biased, and they let you know that up front. CNN on the other hand is just as if not more biased, but they lie to your face about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And I wouldn't allow either, because there's a time and a place for political humor and when it potentially insults your host, it's not appropriate. Teach kids to have a sense of humor, but also teach them to be tactful and professional, and to put things in their proper places.
    Unfortunately that wouldn't be up to you unless it was breaking the rules, that's pretty much the argument. It's like that kid being told by a teacher he cant wear a shirt that says MAGA because it was offensive to some anti-trumper children and teachers. Guess what? That teacher got fired, because the school had to protect their ass.

CNN hasn't ever lied or mislead? They have been 100% factual their entire existence? Not only talking about mistakes, they have been caught numerous times straight up lying and staging interviews and such. But okay, if you say so.

Oh wow, so fox news is biased , but CNN isn't? That's about all I need to hear from you to know what kinda hypocrite you are. There isn't a news organization in existence out there that isn't biased to one side or the other. Fox certainly is biased, and they let you know that up front. CNN on the other hand is just as if not more biased, but they lie to your face about it.
    I'd be interested in hearing about what stories you think CNN lies about, because I personally discovered a news story Fox News was lying about, due to following some kid on YouTube who decided to troll them. I posed a thread about it awhile ago.

I've read conservative opinion pieces on CNN before. Fox News took down their presidential and senate approval poll ratings from their home page the moment Trump took office.

I've been following both websites since well before election season, although neither are good news sources. I just do it because one side vilifies the other so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    There's plenty of people who call Fox News fake news for obvious reasons. Hell, the whole "fake news" thing started attacking the right-wing outlets. Left-wing outlets just got a little sour when it was turned around on them.
    I think most of their news stories are simply highly biased. Shep Smith seems to have some journalistic integrity. I've seen at least one story where they did not due to their research regarding a guest of the show, and got trolled hard. Not sure if that is fake news as much as having poor standards.

You keep saying that, but you've actually been proven wrong numerous times in this thread. See how easy that is? Got anything specific to add sweetie? Idk why I'm even wasting my time, all that needs to be known here is that:
    It's cute that you think thats the same as me claiming you've been proven wrong. Here's the difference: I can point to the posts where you were, can you? Nah didn't think so sweetie.
    One - Children do, in fact, have a right to free speech in school, unless it's against school rules or unless it stops other students from being able to learn. Can you prove that it stopped children from learning? No you cant, and neither can the school which is why they are trying to cover their ass.
    I don't have to prove that it stopped children from learning. Again they used their discretion to prevent it from happening. They don't have to wait for the disruption from occurring to prevent it.
    Two - The school admitted wrongdoing. They fucked up. Live with it.
    Again, apology != admitting wrongdoing. Can you prove the apology was them actually admitting wrongdoing? Didn't think so.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd be interested in hearing about what stories you think CNN lies about, because I personally discovered a news story Fox News was lying about, due to following some kid on YouTube who decided to troll them. I posed a thread about it awhile ago.

I've read conservative opinion pieces on CNN before. Fox News took down their presidential and senate approval poll ratings from their home page the moment Trump took office.

I've been following both websites since well before election season, although neither are good news sources. I just do it because one side vilifies the other so much.
    Sorry I'm to lazy to do the work for you. It's pretty simple to type into google "CNN Caught lying" or something similar. How about their story recently about trump feeding fish? Something so stupid and trivial, yet CNN had to try and spin it into a negative story and they actually went so far as to edit their videos and cut out Abe doing the same thing trump did so they could spin it. How about those three CNN journalists that were forced to resign after making up a story about trumps campaign people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Wait so kids with Faux News and FNN shirts are not okay but adults at their job wearing Fuck Trump shirts we laud because of them using their right to free speech, or what?
    When did I say anything about adults wearing "fuck trump" shirts?
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Just throwing this out there, Fox doesn't tell you they're biased. They just tell you they're right and that everyone else is wrong. So does CNN.

All news stations do this. It's to garner the masses. They want you to watch their news over someone else's. If you're watching the news elsewhere, they're not making ad revenue from you, so of course they want you to watch them over someone else. So everyone else's news has to be wrong - That way, their news is the only 'right' news.

The sad fact of the matter is, "Fake News" isn't a false claim no matter which news station you're talking about.
    Really, do you watch fox news? I actually do watch 4 different news networks, fox is one of them, I like a few different shows on each one, and people like tucker carlson will willingly tell you that hes mostly giving his opinion and that he has a conservative bias, same for a few other people on fox that i watch.

However I agree with you about everything else, they all put their own spin on news, and could easily qualify as "fake" much of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Freedom of speech does not apply to schools. It's why dress codes are able to be a thing.
    Freedom of speech isn't something that applies or doesn't apply. It's a concept.

What you meant to say is that the First Amendment doesn't apply in schools.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    I don't have to prove that it stopped children from learning. Again they used their discretion to prevent it from happening. They don't have to wait for the disruption from occurring to prevent it.

Again, apology != admitting wrongdoing. Can you prove the apology was them actually admitting wrongdoing? Didn't think so.
    This is a perfect post, you're basically arguing with yourself, and proved my point.

Sorry I'm to lazy to do the work for you. It's pretty simple to type into google "CNN Caught lying" or something similar. How about their story recently about trump feeding fish? Something so stupid and trivial, yet CNN had to try and spin it into a negative story and they actually went so far as to edit their videos and cut out Abe doing the same thing trump did so they could spin it. How about those three CNN journalists that were forced to resign after making up a story about trumps campaign people?
    I remember that story. You should think of it as a good thing that the three journalists who did not follow editorial standards were fired. It was not reported to be a fake news, more that they pushed for the story to be published without going to their usual lengths to make sure that their sources were correct.

The fish story started in Twitter, and I remember that the stories reporting on it were saying the story was coming from Twitter. It didn't originate from CNN.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...arly-reports-/

Has a fairhanded analysis of how the story was reported.

This is a perfect post, you're basically arguing with yourself, and proved my point.
    This post doesn't even make sense. Not that I expected more from you, but wow.