Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disney might be the evil shadowy figure in the background being all like

Fam, you gotta stop this shit when our movie comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm open to potentially picking it up depending on some of the responses, but I'm still real conflicted about supporting the game given what they thought was acceptable monetization for the multiplayer. That kind of shit is never acceptable, and is beyond bullshit in a premium priced title.
    I'm on the fence if I buy it tomorrow now personally. It all sounds good but that line tho has me wondering if I should wait longer or not.

I can see it likely Disney told them to fix there shit.

Game looks fun tho lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-11-17 at 01:59 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Well shit... now I don't know whether I should buy it or not. On one hand, the game looks great. On the other, microtransactions aren't gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Well shit... now I don't know whether I should buy it or not. On one hand, the game looks great. On the other, microtransactions aren't gone for good.
    Yep I'm in the same boat now because what I have seen this game fix's all the issues I had with the first one.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    This, but also still angry that they thought this kind of monetization/progression was acceptable to begin with.

Which sucks, because hot damn do I want to play the hell outta the game, but I'll feel bad about spending money on it -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

It's just a temporary setback for EA. Microtransactions will be back later.
    Oh course, the game wont have paid dlc.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

This, but also still angry that they thought this kind of monetization/progression was acceptable to begin with.

Which sucks, because hot damn do I want to play the hell outta the game, but I'll feel bad about spending money on it -_-
    Well you feel good about Daddy Disney coming in and telling them to change there shit

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well you feel good about Daddy Disney coming in and telling them to change there shit
    Eh, I'm not willing to treat Disney as some kind of hero or anything. We don't even know if they were involved in this change, do we?

Even if they did, it wasn't for any benevolent reason because they love gamers, it would have been to counter the onslaught of negative press attention that Battlefront 2 was getting. Kinda not great to have that coverage leading into the launch of Episode VIII, when they'll likely be wanting to run all kinds of promotions across all their other Star Wars games/properties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disney is just as greedy, if not more. Lets not give them too much credit.

(I was about to say how I grew up in Orlando, Ive seen how greedy Disney can be first hand. Ironically (I forgot) EA has a studio in Orlando too (gives out a lit of free stuff for playtesting too).

Eh, I'm not willing to treat Disney as some kind of hero or anything. We don't even know if they were involved in this change, do we?
    Oh don't get me wrong I'm not treating Disney as a hero. I'm just happy they (if they did and I'm sure they did) step in. With a new Star Wars movie coming out next month I'm sure the last thing they want is bad PR on there biggest (or 2nd biggest) IP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Disney is just as greedy, if not more. Lets not give them too much credit.
    Oh I'm not, just wouldn't be surprised if they was the main reason for this change.

Ether way this is a win for gamer's, It shows with enough blacklash shit can change even if its just for a little while.

10+ Year Old Account
    For sure. Doesn't do much for the industry as a whole. Im all about fair criticism.

No paid DLC - Plus
    Listening to player feedback in between iterations - Plus
    Putting content intended for pvp (I honestly wouldnt care if it was just cosmetics) in lootboxes - bad
    Long grids (4k hours of $2k is bad either way) - bad
    Temporary halting micros to come up with a different system - Plus

10+ Year Old Account
    I still hope a lot of people hold off on buying it until they show the new system. This could be a big step in the right direction if consumers hold their ground.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    I wouldnt count it as a victory yet...
    It is in fact a victory, EA has removed the MT's and in turn cost themselves a FUCK TON of cash. This was prime time for them to make bank on the MT sells and now they can't. Doesn't matter what they do later they can't get that back.

So its a win, Battlefront 2 is no longer p2w. How they handled it from here is up in the air but gamer's have won here.

I highly doubt they turn it back on to p2w later, If they do they will outright kill the game. But I am not EA so who knows, As it stands enjoy the win

Its rare that enough backlash causes a company to change there stance on something and in turn cost's them a fuck ton of cash as well.

It is in fact a victory, EA has removed the MT's and in turn cost themselves a FUCK TON of cash. This was prime time for them to make bank on the MT sells and now they can't. Doesn't matter what they do later they can't get that back.

So its a win, Battlefront 2 is no longer p2w. How they handled it from here is up in the air but gamer's have won here.

I highly doubt they turn it back on to p2w later, If they do they will outright kill the game. But I am not EA so who knows, As it stands enjoy the win

Its rare that enough backlash causes a company to change there stance on something and in turn cost's them a fuck ton of cash as well.
    That's not false. EA would never make as much bank off microtransactions as on launch, when people want to get an edge on others and the whales spend hundreds of dollars. They will still make tons of cash out of game sales (let's face it, it's Star Wars, that shit will sell like hotcakes) but the longer-term revenue stream has dried up, for the moment. My guess is that they will re-introduce cosmetic-only microtransactions later down the line, since the biggest complaint about the Star Cards was that they were pay to win.

Either way, it is good to see a stop put to such business practices. Hopefully it serves as a lesson to EA and everyone else that this line is not to be crossed. For now at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are just waiting for a empire of lootboxes to strike back, when everyone forgets abauth it.
    Its just temploary disabled, dont trust them. (not to mention game has serios bugs)

They still wont remove it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

It seems France (and its rather huge esport-scene) is going to take a look at lootboxes too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBat...tary_of_state/

Most here may not believe it but the French are very big on esport and of course on the rules and regulations. With only Dutch and Belgium any regulations/law-fights with EA may have taken months or years to reach the EuGH. But with the French (and soon the Germans, they tend to follow their neighbour closely) involved things are about to change. And the more noise this makes the more pissed off Disney will be about the backlash against their next movie.
    EA got too greedy and flew too close the sun. Now they will get burned, several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    It seems France (and its rather huge esport-scene) is going to take a look at lootboxes too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBat...tary_of_state/

Most here may not believe it but the French are very big on esport and of course on the rules and regulations. With only Dutch and Belgium any regulations/law-fights with EA may have taken months or years to reach the EuGH. But with the French (and soon the Germans, they tend to follow their neighbour closely) involved things are about to change. And the more noise this makes the more pissed off Disney will be about the backlash against their next movie.
    EA got too greedy and flew too close the sun. Now they will get burned, several times.
    Its about fucking time really, shits getting out of hand. COE getting billions and closing studios left and right, while forcing them to put stupid cash shop shit into their full priced games. See the thing is fucking blood sucking companies like EA and Ubisoft takes in billions of dollars in tax payers money for subvention all over the world every year, so yeah its about time governments put their fucking pants and set some rules, or just lose the subventions.

The rumor around here is Disney itself said either they remove the current bullshit mtx system or the IP license will be pulled out from EA, since this kind of bad rep hurts the oncoming episode VIII release as well, and we're talking billions of dollars.

Deleted
    Last EA game I bought was Mass Effect 3. I only come back to origin from time to time to get "On the house" free game. I ignore all games that have microtransactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm so do I buy it now...