Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Fascists and bigots are welcome to create their own Twitter and call it Twatters
    I'm sure people have explained to you the error in your way of thinking about this topic. Any and all forms of censorship is wrong. Twitter/Facebook..etc should NOT be attempting to silence people.

You ever have freedom of speech or you have those telling you what you can or can not think/say/believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    You pretty much are a tinfoil hat loon if you think us not belonging to the alt-right consider disagreeing with left values hate speech. Hate speech doesn't really have different perspectives and there's no real unclear line as to what is hate speech and what is not. Hate speech is quite clearly when you attack a group (or a person for that matter) based on factors like sexual orientation, skin color, ethnicity, religion etc. Political views really have nothing to do with it, if your so called political message incites violence or hatred towards muslims (to get with the recent times) it's not really a political message, it's narrow-minded hate speech and should be treated as such.

The same obviously goes for all the crazy "alt-left" idiots tossing idiotic ideas around as well!

Not over, just out.

Then do you agree that censorship is wrong, and people should be able to say what they want. Then WE can decide if we want to listen, ignore or respond?

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Report them and get them removed under the new terms and conditions.
    I was asking for his opinion on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    What about the people saying "death to whites" and the feminists that want to round up all men and put them in concentration camps, that get to keep their blue ticks?

it's interesting, I believe society doesn't' actually consider women/blacks or anything not white/male/straight to be serious or worthy of considering to be monitored/checked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post

You ever have freedom of speech or you have those telling you what you can or can not think/say/believe.
    I'm getting a bit tired of right-wingers lecturing people about free speech. On several occassions I've been infracted on this forum for reasons that were literally incomprehensible, and certainly violated the basics of even a vague commitment to free speech. I don't recall any right-wingers speaking up on my behalf or that of any one else they don't agree with who was similarly wrongly censored.

I think you people just like defending nazis and I don't think you really give a fuck about free speech besides that.

All that said I'd prefer twitter let everyone talk as much shit as they want. The platform is designed for half-wits anyway.

it's interesting, I believe society doesn't' actually consider women/blacks or anything not white/male/straight to be serious or worthy of considering to be monitored/checked.
    If you can point to systemic human rights abuses perpetrated by those groups in the west, then sure.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure people have explained to you the error in your way of thinking about this topic. Any and all forms of censorship is wrong. Twitter/Facebook..etc should NOT be attempting to silence people.

- - - Updated - - -

Then do you agree that censorship is wrong, and people should be able to say what they want. Then WE can decide if we want to listen, ignore or respond?
    They're not being censored. They just have to operate under the conditions that normal people do. The fact that fascists can't do that should tell you that fascism is an ideology of losers.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I'm getting a bit tired of right-wingers lecturing people about free speech. On several occassions I've been infracted on this forum for reasons that were literally incomprehensible, and certainly violated the basics of even a vague commitment to free speech. I don't recall any right-wingers speaking up on my behalf or that of any one else they don't agree with who was similarly wrongly censored.

I think you people just like defending nazis and I don't think you really give a fuck about free speech besides that.

All that said I'd prefer twitter let everyone talk as much shit as they want. The platform is designed for half-wits anyway.
    ''Not being with the left loonies means you're on the right'' Unless you're American I don't know why you'd think this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Wasn't an endorsement. It was to keep people from impersonating them. But all right. If twitter wants to keep jumping down the rabbit hole of stupidity.
    I think XKCD summed it up perfectly:

https://xkcd.com/1914/

- - - Updated - - -

Were these people arrested by the government for an opinion it didn't like?

No?

Then it's not a freedom of speech issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    ''Not being with the left loonies means you're on the right'' Unless you're American I don't know why you'd think this.
    People who stick up for neo-nazis are usually on the right. No one else gives a fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Were these people arrested by the government for an opinion it didn't like?

No?

Then it's not a freedom of speech issue.
    No it isn't. It is like saying "Fox News doesn't have many liberals on" is a freedom of speech issue.

That said, If Twitter is trying to be a communication platform then it should really give that platform to everyone no matter how moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    No it isn't. It is like saying "Fox News doesn't have many liberals on" is a freedom of speech issue.

That said, If Twitter is trying to be a communication platform then it should really give that platform to everyone no matter how moronic.
    I don't see why they should have to host a bunch of wannabe Nazis who help make their platform toxic.

But they do. Shrug. This is just about the verification thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    none, and they don't have to present ANYTHING in the first place. it's their platform, don't like it? stop using it.
    Wow this argument was so predictable.

>Twitter bans right wing people from their platform when they have controversy surrounding them
    >People are quick to point out the hypocrisy when they don't do the same for people that hold the same opinions as twitter's executives, effectively establishing that there is a sort of clique or in club. Especially since verified users are able to filter out unverified users, creating a bubble.
    >Now the "If you don't like it don't use it" people don't roll out. Effectively not adding anything to the conversation.

What do you think I've been doing? I've never used twitter. But they have a huge influence over national politics. If your voice gets kicked off twitter you are silenced. That's pretty shit but oh well. There are other sites. I'm not saying that Twitter shouldn't ban people. But they are doing it while being moral busybodies that stand up in their ivory towers and everyone can see it. Which will drive people away from their platform and make their site tank.

Some retard decided it would be a good idea to delete Trump's account on his last day of the job. I would imagine that if they didn't have some sort of rollback feature then they would definitely be screwed and Trump would decide to use some other site to communicate with his supporters and the media publicly. That's 30 million people that would probably leave Twitter with him. And Twitter has been stagnating unable to get more users for the past few years. That's a massive hit.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2017-11-17 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    How long until "controversial users" becomes 'anyone who questions/disagrees with us or our masters"
    That’s what it is now

Fascists and bigots are welcome to create their own Twitter and call it Twatters
    Based on all the hair-pulling and gnashing of teeth from the alt-reich squad, they might as well name it 'Trigger'

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Wow this argument was so predictable.

>Twitter bans right wing people from their platform when they have controversy surrounding them
    >People are quick to point out the hypocrisy when they don't do the same for people that hold the same opinions as twitter's executives, effectively establishing that there is a sort of clique or in club. Especially since verified users are able to filter out unverified users, creating a bubble.
    >Now the "If you don't like it don't use it" people don't roll out. Effectively not adding anything to the conversation.

What do you think I've been doing? I've never used twitter. But they have a huge influence over national politics. If your voice gets kicked off twitter you are silenced. That's pretty shit but oh well. There are other sites. I'm not saying that Twitter shouldn't ban people. But they are doing it while being moral busybodies that stand up in their ivory towers and everyone can see it. Which will drive people away from their platform and make their site tank.
    oh, look at all the fucks I have to give.

see them? ya see them clearly? it's their company, weather it succeeds or fails is of no consequence to me, aside from missing out on free smut. I mean what conversation is there to have here? that isn't you or others moaning over shit you can't control. oh wait it has to do with "partisanship" huuuuuuuur.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2017-11-17 at 03:27 AM.

The censorship should not be given into private hands. Every company that wants to present a free, public communication platform, should be held liable for upholding the freedom of speech. The only reason for bans or material removal can be the court decision, not a company policy or anonymous "moderators".

Muslim ban says hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Muslim ban says hello.
    What Muslim ban?

Given the social/political leaning of this forum, why not just be honest in the title and state that it's right wing supporters being banned? Can't see any reason why there should be this effort to gloss over the inherent bigotry of the Off-Topic forums as if it doesn't happen at all.

It's a private site and business who cares what rules they enforce? You're on MMOC for gods sake, the epitome of OTT censorship
    Got to love this argument of "it's a private site, their business... go make your own site, blah blah blah" responses... when from a business perspective it's a sound idea to jump in the band wagon along with all the sheep.

And should they do just that, you'd just harass them till they're out of business...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-11-17 at 03:56 AM.

Again, that "private company" can start publish weather reports. Or sell opera tickets.
    If they are playing at the news agency, or a communication platform, they should play by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    It's really funny to me when the Left Wing people are the ones defending the rights of businesses...

That tells you everything you need to know, really. If the situations were reversed, which they have been, we all know who would be the first to say fuck business rights the rights of the people are more important.

But when you don't like the people that the corporations who pretend to agree with you censor, principles don't really matter I guess.
    No kidding... the double standards and hypocrisy absolutely reeks within the left side, and off numerous posters in this very forum. If I had a news article of what it's like today back in the 2000s I'd have thought of it satire, it's beyond sad.

"If you're not with us you're against us!" pretty much sums up their psyche.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-11-17 at 03:53 AM.