Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    Damn, those are some heavy words. I'll work harder at it, then.
    EE's benefit is much more noticeable on AoE, where you get much more damage per Chi because SCK starts ramping up.

950 ilvl relic with .... touch of death talent. #crap
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

What would be general purpose legendaries right now? Bracers + Chest or Bracers + Headpiece?

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    What would be general purpose legendaries right now? Bracers + Chest or Bracers + Headpiece?
    I'm currently using Chest/Bracers for SEF. Those sim the highest for me. Helm came out to be a few % dps loss for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Staggered View Post
    I'm currently using Chest/Bracers for SEF. Those sim the highest for me. Helm came out to be a few % dps loss for now.
    Are you simming ST? Single target yes, they would be the best, but I was mainly asking about multipurpose combination. Bracers seems like no-brainer, but second slot is a bit unclear.

Deleted
    Soooo, I guess we are staying with that % to get 1 extra chi bonus set

Deleted
    A quick question.

I'm returning to the game, and getting that ilv up out of the way it's now time for stats optimization.
    I dropped around 5% haste and the whole thing feels now clunky.

Are there any haste breakpoints I'm unaware of? Dropping to 10% from 15% didn't really hurt my overall enjoyment of the class, but made things a little rougher for sure.
    Or it's just that better performance translates in better numbers and that's that?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    A quick question.

I'm returning to the game, and getting that ilv up out of the way it's now time for stats optimization.
    I dropped around 5% haste and the whole thing feels now clunky.

Are there any haste breakpoints I'm unaware of? Dropping to 10% from 15% didn't really hurt my overall enjoyment of the class, but made things a little rougher for sure.
    Or it's just that better performance translates in better numbers and that's that?
    There are no haste breakpoints.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Stupid cow level.

Thanks. I guess given there is no need for me to go ull cutting edge I'll play by preference at the cost of performance.

At least I know what I'm choosing.
    Thanks again

I think I'm going to use the bracer and chest until I get 4 piece and switch to the helm and chest. :P I'm using SEF. Taking a break from serenity since it'll never feel as nice as it used to. It might be the better dps option but im bitter.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

So how do you guys feel about losing SotWL? Or even making it a talent? Personally, if I can't have both WDP and SoTWL, WW will be a lot less fun than it is.

It's one of the few Artifact abilities that should remain baseline, not a talent.

Deleted
    I think that the classes will maintain the artifact abilities, barring some cases.
    Ebonbolt and Strike of the Windlord are way too much iconic to be an one and gone, in my opinion.

Then again this was the class that used Chi Torpedo to burst for a whole expansion, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    Then again this was the class that used Chi Torpedo to burst for a whole expansion, so who knows.
    It's called Demon Hunters now.

- - - Updated - - -

What number of enemies is considered "enough" for Crane with 1 TP debuff?

7+ Year Old Account
    i seem to have encountered a bug that just eats up a stack of storm earth and fire when you spam the ability to much very annoying :/

What were they (the devs) thinking when they made the windwalker artifact ability literally the only one that COSTS resources instead of granting them? And would it make WW better if it would GRANT chi?

Just popped into my mind, couldn't think of any other class were the artifact ability costs main resources, and a considerable amount, mind you.

Thoughts, opinions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    What were they (the devs) thinking when they made the windwalker artifact ability literally the only one that COSTS resources instead of granting them? And would it make WW better if it would GRANT chi?

Just popped into my mind, couldn't think of any other class were the artifact ability costs main resources, and a considerable amount, mind you.

Thoughts, opinions?
    Because WW monks are too good and that would make them OP They must be too good since people are still playing them in Legion ... or?

On the nonironic side: UH artifact ability drains more (%) main resources though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post

Thoughts, opinions?
    I actually don't have a problem with it and it makes sense. We are resource locked right now, especially with T21. I am swimming in chi and it feels like sometimes I need the chi proc to NOT happen. If SotWL did not cost chi then we would be in a really bad place IMO on how the spec feels to play. That would throw us into a situation where we would HAVE to use RSK in single target fights and that just feel awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    i seem to have encountered a bug that just eats up a stack of storm earth and fire when you spam the ability to much very annoying :/
    That has been happening all expansion. This is what I've noticed and IDK if it's the same issue for you but I hope it helps. That happens when you are trying to cast SEF while your clones are coming back from the end of your first charge. It just so happens that there is a split second where you can cast SEF but your clones are fully back to you. If you wait until your clones are back to you and then recast SEF you should be fine. I noticed this in I think EN and once I made sure my clones were back before casting SEF I stopped noticing missed charges.
    Last edited by dhays; 2017-12-04 at 08:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dhays View Post
    I actually don't have a problem with it and it makes sense. We are resource locked right now, especially with T21. I am swimming in chi and it feels like sometimes I need the chi proc to NOT happen. If SotWL did not cost chi then we would be in a really bad place IMO on how the spec feels to play. That would throw us into a situation where we would HAVE to use RSK in single target fights and that just feel awful.

That has been happening all expansion. This is what I've noticed and IDK if it's the same issue for you but I hope it helps. That happens when you are trying to cast SEF while your clones are coming back from the end of your first charge. It just so happens that there is a split second where you can cast SEF but your clones are fully back to you. If you wait until your clones are back to you and then recast SEF you should be fine. I noticed this in I think EN and once I made sure my clones were back before casting SEF I stopped noticing missed charges.
    very annoying

Quote Originally Posted by dhays View Post
    Even so, it makes our artifact ability just another chi spender, it doesn't really do anything special or interact with your other abilities. Pretty boooring.

Deleted
    It interacts with at least one good lego. It wouldn't otherwise.