Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Honestly I wouldn't read too much into it. Blizzard's in the early stages yet, I'd wait until they make some kind of formal detailed announcement and/or have a full Q&A on it once it's on its way to testing at least. I casually estimate that's 6-12 months away...

But I was not expecting large changes from Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    HAHA, main wow is doomed now....
    Ah, I think it'll be fine ahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    As I said, no changes. Vanilla haters lost again.
    /sigh

I really hope after classic finally comes out and dies I can honestly remember your forum name, I would love to see some of the stuff you end up posting then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    ''WoW Classic won't be moving away from the community and inconveniences''

Are better graphics moving away from the community and inconveniences? No
    Are more balanced specs moving away from the community and inconveniences? No, class balance isn't a QoL convenience change.
    Just stahp. You lost, move on (to retail).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    /sigh

I really hope after classic finally comes out and dies I can honestly remember your forum name, I would love to see some of the stuff you end up posting then.
    Well be sure not to play vanilla to help it die off a little bit faster please. That'll show him for sure.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I grow tired of asking, but... how would viable feral dps impact your life? Could you demonstrate how it would harm you?
    Resto was the only viable Druid spec in Vanilla, you will have to get used to that or dont expect to get many groups, just like all the Pallys will have to realize they wont be tanking or DPSing.

I think people have blinders when it comes to Vanilla, Many of my guild mates played with me since vanilla and and have come to the conclusion that many of the people that are talking about how great vanilla is never actually played it. They are repeating what they have heard other say, or going by bad information they found on the internet.

yes there were some good things about it but for the most part it was poorly coded and poorly optimized. Most of the hard bosses weren't coded to be that way.. they were the result of just bad coding, testing and tuning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    Just stahp. You lost, move on (to retail).

- - - Updated - - -

Well be sure not to play vanilla to help it die off a little bit faster please. That'll show him for sure.
    I have ZERO intentions of playing that trash. i still have all my Naxx armor on my warrior in the bank for when I want to think of Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto was the only viable Druid spec in Vanilla, you will have to get used to that or dont expect to get many groups, just like all the Pallys will have to realize they wont be tanking or DPSing.

I think people have blinders when it comes to Vanilla, Many of my guild mates played with me since vanilla and and have come to the conclusion that many of the people that are talking about how great vanilla is never actually played it. They are repeating what they have heard other say, or going by bad information they found on the internet.

yes there were some good things about it but for the most part it was poorly coded and poorly optimized. Most of the hard bosses weren't coded to be that way.. they were the result of just bad coding, testing and tuning.

- - - Updated - - -

I have ZERO intentions of playing that trash. i still have all my Naxx armor on my warrior in the bank for when I want to think of Vanilla.
    Well you played that trash clear through Naxx, or so you claim. Let people live a little and go dumpster diving like you did all those wonderful years ago.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    More salty tears please
    Nice graph. Where did you pull recent sub numbers from?

- - - Updated - - -

For such a poorly made shit can of a game, I have to wonder why the hell you played it so intensely all the way up to OG Naxx. That was no small feat back then and you sunk copious amounts of time into a trash game. A trash game that, despite your claims of how poor it was back then, continued to grow during that time into the most successful MMO of all time.

Either you're a glutton for punishment, had a gun held to your head, or you're a liar. Guess which one I think you are?

- - - Updated - - -

You do not understand Vanilla WoW.

All Druid specs were viable. All Paladin specs were viable.

The WoW Vanilla design philosophy was this: One level-up tree, one Raiding tree and one PvP tree.

A Druid could level up as Balance or Feral, they could raid as Resto and could PvP as either of the three trees.

Similarly, a Loladin had one tree for levelling (RET), one tree for Raiding (HOLY) and one tree for tanking 5 mans or elite quests (Prot).

It is not the game's fault that you fail to understand the game's design philosophy.

Also, it seems that you never read the game's freaking manual. Here's the WoW Vanilla Class Description for Loladins:

"MIXING ELEMNTS OF THE WARRIOR AND THE PRIEST, THE PALADIN IS A TOUGH MELEE FIGHTER WITH GREAT HEALTH, EXCELLENT PROTECTION AND VERY STRONG BUFFS. IT ALSO HAS A USEFUL MIX OF HEALING AND DEFENSIVE SPELLS. THE TRADITION OF HOLY KNIGHTS IS UNIQUE TO THE ALLIANCE. IN MANY WAYS, THE PALADIN IS THE COUNTERPART TO THE HORDE'S SHAMAN BUT GEARED TOWARDS PHYSICAL BATTLE MORE THAN SPELLCASTING PROWESS".

Next time, before you speak about Vanilla Classes, read the freaking manual. The problem here is you, it is you who fails to understand how the game is meant to be played and it is you who tried unsuccessfully to do things with class specs that they were never intended to do.

Keep playing Kung Fu Pandas & Pokemon and leave Vanilla WoW to veteran players.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    What are these inconveniences anyway? Bugs, glitches, server unstability? or the lack of certain features?
    It means no guildbank, no dualspec, no other bullshit that shouldn't be in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post

The WoW Vanilla design philosophy was this: One level-up tree, one Raiding tree and one PvP tree.

A Druid could level up as Balance or Feral, they could raid as Resto and could PvP as either of the three trees.

Similarly, a Loladin had one tree for levelling (RET), one tree for Raiding (HOLY) and one tree for tanking 5 mans or elite quests (Prot).

It is not the game's fault that you fail to understand the game's design philosophy.

Also, it seems that you never read the game's freaking manual. Here's the WoW Vanilla Class Description for Loladins:

"MIXING ELEMNTS OF THE WARRIOR AND THE PRIEST, THE PALADIN IS A TOUGH MELEE FIGHTER WITH GREAT HEALTH, EXCELLENT PROTECTION AND VERY STRONG BUFFS. IT ALSO HAS A USEFUL MIX OF HEALING AND DEFENSIVE SPELLS. THE TRADITION OF HOLY KNIGHTS IS UNIQUE TO THE ALLIANCE. IN MANY WAYS, THE PALADIN IS THE COUNTERPART TO THE HORDE'S SHAMAN BUT GEARED TOWARDS PHYSICAL BATTLE MORE THAN SPELLCASTING PROWESS".

Next time, before you speak about Vanilla Classes, read the freaking manual. The problem here is you, it is you who fails to understand how the game is meant to be played and it is you who tried unsuccessfully to do things with class specs that theyw ere never intended to do.

I had a 60 of every class. End game raiding Pally was trash other than healing, ret and prot were absolute garbage. The only time Prot was even close to good was before reckoning was nerfed. Same goes with druids. balance/feral were most trash for end game content.

I can clearly see however that you weren't actually at the Alamo sport.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    For such a poorly made shit can of a game, I have to wonder why the hell you played it so intensely all the way up to OG Naxx. That was no small feat back then and you sunk copious amounts of time into a trash game. A trash game that, despite your claims of how poor it was back then, continued to grow during that time into the most successful MMO of all time.

Either you're a glutton for punishment, had a gun held to your head, or you're a liar. Guess which one I think you are?
    because at the time we thought it was great, we didn't realize until years later when real improvements were made how bad it was.

its like when you are dating someone and you think they are the best thing on earth... then years later you look back long after you are apart and realize how wrong you were.

Next time, before you speak about Vanilla Classes, read the freaking manual. The problem here is you, it is you who fails to understand how the game is meant to be played and it is you who tried unsuccessfully to do things with class specs that they were never intended to do.

you are extremely wrong.

all druid specs were not viable at all. resto was the only spec you could play reliably (look at tier set bonuses). feral druid had tanking variants, but no access to polearms made finding a weapon end game very hard. most staffs had + spell damage

prot paladin did not exist because you needed + spell damage to do any sort of damage to generate threat. intellect on plate had no defense rating, so the only way to get d capped as prot was to wear off set piece warrior gear. all in all, you were either defense capped generating zero threat, or wearing holy paladin gear getting hit by crushing blows every 2 attacks. ret was clunky and not viable as well due to the set bonuses, lack of spell damage on plate strength gear, and generally lackluster dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a 60 of every class. End game raiding Pally was trash other than healing, ret and prot were absolute garbage. The only time Prot was even close to good was before reckoning was nerfed. Same goes with druids. balance/feral were most trash for end game content.

I can clearly see however that you weren't actually at the Alamo sport.

- - - Updated - - -

because at the time we thought it was great, we didn't realize until years later when real improvements were made how bad it was.

its like when you are dating someone and you think they are the best thing on earth... then years later you look back long after you are apart and realize how wrong you were.
    And then you realize how good they were in bed and why you stayed with them so long in the first place.

5+ Year Old Account
    What everyone should remember before EVER opening their mouths about Vanilla, is that the game was heavily based on the big MMOs of the time, Everquest and DAoC, as well as Blizzard's own WC3.

An example: WC3 paladins were powerful defensive heroes. They had the strongest and most efficient single target heal in the game and a great bonus to friendly units' armor, while being practically immune to damage and focus fire thanks to Divine Shield. Such impressive defensive array was balanced by the fact that they dealt practically no damage, since they could only poke the enemy with their hammers.

And then, all of a sudden all the "OMFG MUH RET DEEPZ SUX, GAEM BS" crowd comes out of the woodwork expecting to deal the same damage than a squishy Rogue or Mage. Guess what, you can't, and shouldn't be able to. If you want to deal damage, roll a freaking Mage, Rogue, Warlock or Warrior (although you will need comparatively more gear and you will level slower with the latter). If you roll a Paladin, you are rolling a Warcraft Paladin, not a Diablo 2 one, so you will have to support your team. Deal with it.

Ditto for Feral Druids, which were obviously based on the Druid of the Claw unit in WC3. They were a heavy melee unit, albeit with mediocre damage and tankiness, but they made up for those weaknesses by having a powerful HoT, as well as providing a huge boon to friendly units with Roar. Again, those were hybrid units, that's how they played, and that's what Vanilla devs tried to reflect in the design of the class.

Besides, anyone who has played on a Vanilla private server will realize that raids have all sorts of specs and classes, because people have realized that hybrids not only are not useless, but they are quite necessary, as a matter of fact. The "OMG MUH DEEPZ, Y U NO FIX BLIZZ" mentality simply does not apply to Vanilla.

TLDR: Please stop trying to evaluate Vanilla with today's criteria, since for all intents and purposes, Vanilla and retail are entirely different games.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    you are extremely wrong.

all druid specs were not viable at all. resto was the only spec you could play reliably (look at tier set bonuses). feral druid had tanking variants, but no access to polearms made finding a weapon end game very hard. most staffs had + spell damage

prot paladin did not exist because you needed + spell damage to do any sort of damage to generate threat. intellect on plate had no defense rating, so the only way to get d capped as prot was to wear off set piece warrior gear. all in all, you were either defense capped generating zero threat, or wearing holy paladin gear getting hit by crushing blows every 2 attacks. ret was clunky and not viable as well due to the set bonuses, lack of spell damage on plate strength gear, and generally lackluster dps.
    No, it is you who are extremely wrong.

Contrary to you and most people in here, I played Vanilla WoW both in BLizzard's servers as well as in at least four Private servers including Nostalrius where I was (and still am) with one of the top raid guilds for two years.

1. FERAL DRUID could actually tank Garr in Molten Core in addition to offtanking in Zul'Gurub. They could also main tank all 5 man instances and in addition to that, LBRS and UBRS.

There was nothing wrong with Druid tanking. People just needed to learn to play.

2. PROTECTION PALADINS: They could main tank all 5 man instances and they could also play as a secondary tank in Zul Gurub and UBRS.

There was nothing wrong with either Loladins or Druids in Vanilla. People simply do not understand ( and they still do not understand) how to play Druid or Loladin in Vanilla.

I still recommend to people who still don't understand how to play Vanilla to go back to Kung Fu Pandas & Pokemon and leave Vanilla to veteran players.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Contrary to you and most people in here, I played Vanilla WoW both in BLizzard's servers as well as in at least four Private servers including Nostalrius where I was (and still am) with one of the top raid guilds for two years.

1. FERAL DRUID could actually tank Garr in Molten Core in addition to offtanking in Zul'Gurub. They could also main tank all 5 man instances and in addition to that, LBRS and UBRS.

There was nothing wrong with Druid tanking. People just needed to learn to play.

2. PROTECTION PALADINS: They could main tank all 5 man instances and they could also play as a secondary tank in Zul Gurub and UBRS.

There was nothing wrong with either Loladins or Druids in Vanilla. People simply do not understand ( and they still do not understand) how to play Druid or Loladin in Vanilla.

I still recommend to people who still don't understand how to play Vanilla to go back to Kung Fu Pandas & Pokemon and leave Vanilla to veteran players.
    horde tauren druids could (sometimes) because of the inflated health pool and access to shaman totems. not all druids though.
    i dont think you ACTUALLY played vanilla. referencing a video of a 1.12 druid isnt helping your cause. 1.12 had sweeping changes for every class.

also, its fucking hilarious how you say people dont know how to play vanilla druid tank, but that dude is literally spamming 1 button for the entire fight /rofl

if you raided mc when it was current, you know u needed bare minimum tank for garr because the other 4 warriors were on the elementals. you only brought a druid for the melee group
    Last edited by Not Againnn; 2017-11-17 at 06:14 AM.

Another loaded statement from the lawyer Ion. He sure does a good job of saying things just vaguely enough so that if he flip-flops he will still have deniability.

What exactly is implied by inconvenience? How do you move away from the community?

This reads to me that there will be no CRZ, LFD/LFR, or flying. It certainly doesn't preclude an enhanced Classic or Classic+.

Remastered graphics? Nothing to do with convenience or community.
    Battle.net social features? Nothing to do with convenience and does not "move away from the community" (makes a stronger community).
    Achievements? Convenience and community do not apply.
    Dungeon Journal? Same as above.
    Etc.

Deleted
    No, it you who are extremely wrong.

Issue with Paladins was their mana and that they had no taunt. World of Warcraft have always been more focused towards PVE, and end game in PVE have always been raiding. While Paladins and Druids MAY have been viable for only a fraction of the fights in raiding, they're nowhere near to be called "viable". We had a warlock tank at Leo and Illidan, that did not mean they could tank the entire expansion.

Class balance was unheard of in Vanilla, it had a good gameplay but was horribly designed, especially for 40 man raiding. I could argue that the majority of those who want a classic server never got to experience it fully. You think the AP grind on live is annoying? You've never played vanilla at a hardcore level.
    You got a job? Too bad, the amount of hours you'll need to commit will make you wish you never grew up!

In time the classic realm(s) will show us that "you really thought you did, but you never did."

The amount of effort to keep hybrids viable outweighs other classes. Which makes them not viable. Why waste the effort, when I can do better than either one with a Warrior with half the effort?

I have seen a Ret Tank in late Vanilla do the Stratholme run for .5 Tier. Seen bear tanks for AQ 20 and BWL. That doesn't mean they are viable, it means that someone put in twice the effort for the same effect. Stupid is what I like to call it.

lol. tanking the first raid of the expansion, and not even a hard boss in the raid. grats? this only proves our point that druids werent useful tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    lol. tanking the first raid of the expansion, and not even a hard boss in the raid. grats? this only proves our point that druids werent useful tanks.

The problem here is you, it is you who fails to understand how the game is meant to be played and it is you who tried unsuccessfully to do things with class specs that they were never intended to do.

BONUS: Bear tank main-tanking Princess Huhuran @ AQ 40.

You just need to L2P IMO.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2017-11-17 at 06:28 AM.