Should I ask for money to my cousin?

I am a 25 years old engeneering studient venezuelan. As you might know, my country is passing throught a political, humanitary and economic crisis, the worst in Venezuela's story. The thing is that my parents aren't able to help me out anymore because their salary is almost worth to buy food. I worked 4 months while the college was stopped because of the national riot that took place in june. What I earned, I spended all buying food to my parents, my brother and I. The college started again recently and my schedule really doesn't allow me to even have a half-time work. I'm really close to get my degree, this is actually my penultimate semester and I really don't want to enroll less subjects than I can and get more time to graduate.

I have a cousin living in USA, should I ask her for money to finish college as soon as posible? You may don't believe me but All I need is like 10$ (ten dollars) per trimester (long story to explain why 10$ is enough) to solve my daily expenses at university.

I'm afraid that she and my uncle thinks that I'm a lazy ass (I'm not) but I really want to end university and leave this hell soon and I don't want to spend more time here that the necesary.

Eh, if you've got nothing else to lose go for it and ask I suppose...

She'll understand. Go ahead and ask. If she doesn't, set up a Go Fund Me and I'm sure you'll get that amount.

If you're truly worried about seeming lazy (which I doubt will happen), offer some sort of trade or agreement to pay her back/work it off later. $10 a trimester is the equivalent of three hours' worth of work a year for minimum wage in the US.

Deleted
    I was about to lambaste you for being a greedy fuck but $10 is near nothing to someone in the western world, that being said why are you on an MMO forum when a months WOW subscription will pay for what you need?

$10 is nothing.. go for it and if she says no then she isn't family

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    I was about to lambaste you for being a greedy fuck but $10 is near nothing to someone in the western world, that being said why are you on an MMO forum when a months WOW subscription will pay for what you need?
    I was going to say that he might not play WoW, but his post history indicates he does. So you bring up a good point...

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I was going to say that he might not play WoW, but his post history indicates he does. So you bring up a good point...
    I haven't played WoW since MOP when the economic situation wasn't that terrible but stills a big fan and I'm always aware of news about wow but I'm not playing...

Guys.. I think hes hoping to get a bunch of private messages from members here offering to give him $10

The whole story sounds like bologna , $10 a trimester... really..

Quote Originally Posted by Morth View Post
    I haven't played WoW since MOP when the economic situation wasn't that terrible but stills a big fan and I'm always aware of news about wow but I'm not playing...
    Ah ok, that makes sense. I wish you luck, and you should definitely ask your cousin and not feel bad!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Guys.. I think hes hoping to get a bunch of private messages from members here offering to give him $10

The whole story sounds like bologna , $10 a trimester... really..
    He's in Venezuela. Honestly, he could have said he needed a lot more and I would have believed it either way. People are starving there.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Yes, I now 10$ doesn't really represent too much in western world because Venezuela is in the western world but this country suddenly was kidnapped for communism and Believe me, all I seek is get my degree that's why I can live with 1$ per week. And that's why I wanted to ask my cousin for a little help because is not too much but I'm still insecure.

Yes, I now 10$ doesn't really represent too much in western world because Venezuela is in the western world but this country suddenly was kidnapped for communism and Believe me, all I seek is get my degree that's why I can live with 1$ per week. And that's why I wanted to ask my cousin for a little help because is not too much but I'm still insecure.
    Just tell her what the situation is like in your country and she'll understand. I would be shocked if she didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Just tell her what the situation is like in your country and she'll understand. I would be shocked if she didn't.
    Thanks for the advice and compression I'm going to be brave to ask money although I feel ashamed.

Some people here don't know what is going on in Venezuela...

10+ Year Old Account
    go for it. worst case is she says no.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Thanks for the advice and compression I'm going to be brave to ask money although I feel ashamed.

Some people here don't know what is going on in Venezuela...
    Don't feel ashamed. It is not your fault what is happening in your country.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    sure

go crazy

Hell, I'll give it to you. PM your paypal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Paypal? In Venezuela?! Why are you trying to undermine their economic system?!
    To be honest if it gets more complicated than paypal, im out. I'm only a nice guy when it's convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Hell, I'll give it to you. PM your paypal to me.
    Thanks for the support man I appreciate it but I don't have paypal.