Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    lfg ruined wow for you.. but the EXACT same system (meeting stones) which randomly created groups for you that existed in vanilla, you are completely fine with?
    Wtf are you smooking meeting Stones did not make groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    You do not understand Vanilla WoW.

All Druid specs were viable. All Paladin specs were viable.

The WoW Vanilla design philosophy was this: One level-up tree, one Raiding tree and one PvP tree.

A Druid could level up as Balance or Feral, they could raid as Resto and could PvP as either of the three trees.

Similarly, a Loladin had one tree for levelling (RET), one tree for Raiding (HOLY) and one tree for tanking 5 mans or elite quests (Prot).

The problem here is you, it is you who fails to understand how the game is meant to be played and it is you who tried unsuccessfully to do things with class specs that they were never intended to do.
    No, it's YOU that fails to understand that something that requires twice the effort for the same reward, isn't viable. And are trying to remove the pigeon hole that classes were meant for.

The WoW Vanilla design philosophy was this: One level-up tree, one Raiding tree and one PvP tree.

A Druid could level up as Balance or Feral, they could raid as Resto and could PvP as either of the three trees.

Similarly, a Loladin had one tree for levelling (RET), one tree for Raiding (HOLY) and one tree for tanking 5 mans or elite quests (Prot).

The problem here is you, it is you who fails to understand how the game is meant to be played and it is you who tried unsuccessfully to do things with class specs that they were never intended to do.
    did you really just copy paste ur old post?

and its paladin. stop saying loladin.

paladins didnt have means to defense cap or taunt. druids didnt have means to do anything but spam maul and pray they didnt get a crushing blow land. their only weapon was a level 45 staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    No, you are dodging the question. I wish to know how someone else playing a viable feral dps would harm you, specifically.

- - - Updated - - -

The question was about feral dps, not feral tank. I sense dodging. Hiding behind a wall of text not considered an argument.
    Because of debuff slots on bosses. If it's 8, like in the original then definitely not. Why bring a Druid who would ALMOST do as much DPS as a Mage, but take their debuff slot from them when you could just stack Mages, Rogues, Warriors(remember, threat was BUILT back in the day with debuffs), etc?

Even with the expansion of more slots later in Vanilla, you compete with more important debuffs like Warlocks. Mangle is not that important except to other DPS Druids, who would also be doing sub par DPS. Those slots opened up just meant pure DPS classes got more slots to apply DPS management.

You'll just have to settle for being good at PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    Because of debuff slots on bosses. If it's 8, like in the original then definitely not. Why bring a Druid who would ALMOST do as much DPS as a Mage, but take their debuff slot from them when you could just stack Mages, Rogues, Warriors(remember, threat was BUILT back in the day with debuffs), etc?

Even with the expansion of more slots later in Vanilla, you compete with more important debuffs like Warlocks. Mangle is not that important except to other DPS Druids, who would also be doing sub par DPS. Those slots opened up just meant pure DPS classes got more slots to apply DPS management.

You'll just have to settle for being good at PvP.
    mangle did not exist until bc.

Thanks Ion! He knows what's up.
    #NoChanges

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    mangle did not exist until bc.
    They definitely did need a debuff, although I don't recall. I never played a Druid myself.

BONUS: Bear tank main-tanking Princess Huhuran @ AQ 40.

You just need to L2P IMO.
    one of the easiest fights in the entire instance.
    if you look, the warrior standing there has to not attack for a good minute and a half due to extremely awful threat generation. hardly viable. also look at all the crushing blows.
    he fucking died

one of the easiest fights in the entire instance.
    if you look, the warrior standing there has to not attack for a good minute and a half due to extremely awful threat generation. hardly viable. also look at all the crushing blows.
    Haha, this.

FUCKIN CRUSHING BLOWS!!! Although they did do a fairly decent job at trash tanking in MC and ZG. I'm sure in the long run, guilds will either run 1 Druid OT or 1 Pally OT just for this purpose.

Better get your knee pads ready I suppose

Edit: Forgot to mention threat gen for Warriors and how you needed to start either later than the pull or wipe a raid. I couldn't imagine pushing a Druid to make that much threat and how long it would be just standing around, waiting to start the DPS race that should have already started.

huhu was a resist fight. another dumb example. i was a druid through all of vanilla, horde/server frist kills of every boss up to 4H in naxx. i understand vanilla. you dont understand vanilla.

also, posting a single kill of a boss with an unviable tank doesnt make them viable. there are videos of a rogue tanking mother sharaz and other bosses in TBC. didnt make rogues viable tanks. its the exception that makes the rule.
    Last edited by NihilSustinet; 2017-11-17 at 06:47 AM.

Haha, this.

FUCKIN CRUSHING BLOWS!!! Although they did do a fairly decent job at trash tanking in MC and ZG. I'm sure in the long run, guilds will either run 1 Druid OT or 1 Pally OT just for this purpose.

Better get your knee pads ready I suppose

Edit: Forgot to mention threat gen for Warriors and how you needed to start either later than the pull or wipe a raid. I couldn't imagine pushing a Druid to make that much threat and how long it would be just standing around, waiting to start the DPS race that should have already started.
    only reason i could see a druid tanking is so your warrior tank could go dps and do more damage than the feral who is probably just there for leader of the pack...

Quote Originally Posted by Morc View Post
    The message is crystal clear - Blizz has no intention whatsoever to make any major changes or ad any QoL BS.

Even though it already has been stated in earlier interviews, it is nonetheless good to hear it again.
    Actually, the message was extremely vague.
    This could mean anything.

That is a problem watcher has. He just can't give straight answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Actually, the message was extremely vague.
    This could mean anything.

That is a problem watcher has. He just can't give straight answers.
    keep telling yourself that

Source for the bolded text.

I think you're bullshitting though. Because you're also the one here trying to say that classes had more than one viable spec for raiding or dungeons.

And I know for a fact that Warriors were viable for both DPS and Tanking and that Protection Paladins were amazing with leveling up because of the sheer numbers of mobs they could pull at a time and with Retribution Aura they could take hits while the enemies just killed themselves.

Regardless, I think it's a horrible way to approach the game now that they know how to balance classes. Going into the game knowingly making only one viable end game tank and sidelining 3 of the 4 play styles of Druid and having a world full of Warriors, Rogues and Mages just seems stupid.

Sure...I get it... Vanilla means Vanilla....but WHY would players want to purposely limit their class and guild roster options because the balancing is just so awful?

Deleted
    It won't be moving away from the inconveniances, but the community itself has already changed and based on that i doubt very much that the experience will be left unspoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Source for the bolded text.

I think you're bullshitting though. Because you're also the one here trying to say that classes had more than one viable spec for raiding or dungeons.

And I know for a fact that Warriors were viable for both DPS and Tanking and that Protection Paladins were amazing with leveling up because of the sheer numbers of mobs they could pull at a time and with Retribution Aura they could take hits while the enemies just killed themselves.

Regardless, I think it's a horrible way to approach the game now that they know how to balance classes. Going into the game knowingly making only one viable end game tank and sidelining 3 of the 4 play styles of Druid and having a world full of Warriors, Rogues and Mages just seems stupid.

Sure...I get it... Vanilla means Vanilla....but WHY would players want to purposely limit their class and guild roster options because the balancing is just so awful?
    You still want and need paladins,shamans and druids. They are SUPPORT classes. Its not all about big dps numbers. Some people will play shaman/paladin because they are vital and some enjoy the support playstyle

15+ Year Old Account
    I like that. WoW was made too convenient and easy. So much that people don't even know where instance portals are anymore.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

only reason i could see a druid tanking is so your warrior tank could go dps and do more damage than the feral who is probably just there for leader of the pack...
    Yeah...Still would rather just have a Pally OT myself. At least you could gear him similarly to avoid CB and NOT have to deal with shit like having a sponge for both damage and heals. Just seems like a pain in the ass move for a niche thing. Especially having to balance a raid around that... No thanks.

There will be trend setters and with how we understand the game more fully now, we'll probably have whole teams dedicated to making things like this work.

But for the time being, I would not expect to see either in a raid. ESPECIALLY when good loot could go towards pure DPS/Tank classes.

Yeah...Still would rather just have a Pally OT myself. At least you could gear him similarly to avoid CB and NOT have to deal with shit like having a sponge for both damage and heals. Just seems like a pain in the ass move for a niche thing. Especially having to balance a raid around that... No thanks.

There will be trend setters and with how we understand the game more fully now, we'll probably have whole teams dedicated to making things like this work.

But for the time being, I would not expect to see either in a raid. ESPECIALLY when good loot could go towards pure DPS/Tank classes.
    you couldnt have a pally tank on that boss. you needed a taunt swap and paladins didnt have taunt lol
    prot pally tank was really only good for strat 45 min runs and scholo because of the undead damage bonus, but only after you had the gear to make it trivial. lack of taunt and no mana/plus spell damage gear for pally tanks made gearing impossible.

Except that was post Druid Talent changes.

Prior to that, no, not all specs were viable.

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.