Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    The ignorance and delusion in this thread is rather satirical, more so when making claims of this and that as though they were fact on Blizzard's behalf when Blizzard themselves haven't really done anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Do you actually belive this yourself or are you just hoping that this is how it'll end up?
    WoW is as it is today becuase Blizzard wanted to make it a game for everyone. They could not say no when people asked for stuff and they still can't.

Go check the blue posts. They are already taking suggestion for changes to the classic servers.

Looking at your signature and your other posts in here you do seem detached from reality so I guess this is a rather pointless discussion but still.
    WoD and Legion is a game for 4 million players... vanilla/BC/Wrath was a game for 8-12 million players. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    WoD and Legion is a game for 4 million players... vanilla/BC/Wrath was a game for 8-12 million players. Go figure.
    Wrath was, vanilla was not. The game really hasn't changed that much since Wrath though. The big changes to the core of the game came in TBC and Wrath.

I hope you are right in your predictions about the classic servers though. I hope they will keep it as it was.
    I don't think that will happen and what you're saying here is just wishful thinking.

One can dream though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    All I see in each patch is a single class, sometimes the strongest of the classes getting talent revamps. (Once there was 2 talent revamps at the same time, for Warrior and Warlock no less - Classes which had always been important.) No mention of spell change overhauls, and 'talent revamp' doesn't mean 'we're making the class stronger.' It means 'talent revamp' which may ultimately make a class weaker.

You'll have to be more specific than 'talent revamp.'

Hell, even the ones that say "<class> adjustments and talent revamp" really don't change much - Like the Rogue one, the biggest change is Evis and Garrote scaling with attack power. Is that what you consider a "sweeping change" these days?

The biggest change of all was probably the Shaman adjustments - Making totems scale off of spell power and healing. THAT'S a big change. But in that same patch, mages are said to have adjustments and the biggest change there is "Winter's Chill" becoming a spell... And the 'Counterspell bug' that made it unresistable, lol. The tears that would happen if Counterspell became resistable in today's game would be glorious.
    It wasn't just a talent revamp it was changing the dynamics of each class in an attempt to make them viable.

For example with Druids:
    Balance 31 points was originally an AOE spell - changed to Boomkin form.
    Resto 31 points was originally Innervate (then mandatory for every raiding Druid) - changed to Swiftmend.

All Druids were then given Innervate as a base spell.

BM hunters got Beastial Wrath, Survival removed Lacerate (it did 500 odd damage over 18 seconds or so iirc)

And Warriors were first up, because they were broken from release, and required a major overhaul.

1.12 Talents: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    I've played since 05 up until Legion was announced. I am diehard vanilla/purist and I am kind of worried. After reading the comments from developers and the interview from the team thats forming - it seems they will be using same infrastructure from today - not the old one. I'm not entirely sure what this means. But what it sounds like is it will run same engine as retail, but everything will be tweaked and coded to be as vanilla was. And I simply dont think that will be good enough. This will make it close to vanilla, but it wont be vanilla.

I tried private servers but then realizing all my progress can be lost in a day because server dissapears/shutdown would just make me sad.
    So have been waiting for blizzard to do this for way to long not to play it either way I guess.
    I've played since 05 up until today and would like to say that having an exact experience as we had before 2007 would be fucking awful.

I'm good off of having horrible class balance, nine months in between raids, and awful farming requirements like having to spend hours on spending soul shards.

Difficulty and leveling wise? Fuck me up, fam. I'm just not trying to suffer through bullshit like unviable specs and soul shard farming that is easily fixable and would overall make the experience better just because it used to be that way during those actual times. I think people are truly overestimating the amount of fixes they would do on these classic servers. I highly doubt they would adjust monster tuning or things like attunements or making it easier to get resist gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    The client is a complete mess, it's an open book that a 12 year old could hack. Do you want bots everywhere because that's how you get bots. Also glitching and shit like that.
    It's only available in 32bit, ancient directx, only 4:3 aspect ratio in full screen and most importantly not integratable into battle.net and the launcher.
    It's a relic and can't be used. That's why they're hiring client developers first and foremost, the whole thing needs to be rebuilt in the retail client.
    That is wrong.

For the record, I am playing Vanilla WoW as we speak at 6880X2880 (with NVIDIA's DSR technology) on a 3440X1440 ACER PREDATOR 34 Inch Curved G-SYNC monitor and the ratio is 21:9.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    Blizz will inevitably make changes to classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Wtlk did and there were literally no competition.

No Mobas,no HS and no OW.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    What I also wonder about - will there only be one server per region in English?
    They will have at least 2 servers: for Latin and Cyrillic locales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    As a side note, I do hope they ban all nonstandard characters in names.
    WoW names cannot have non-standard characters. The only possible characters in WoW names are Latin-1 letters, excluding Ð and Þ.

Deleted
    They should up the difficulty of raids, all raids up to and including naxxramas will be roflstomped so badly because people have 10 years worth of info,know everything inside out about every class and which talents etc and gear is the best.Even on kronos with naxxramas buffed by 20% or even more,it got cleared on first day xcept kt cuz he was bugged. Nowadays people will require flasks for raiding and all possible buffs and world buffs so there is no point NOT to buff all raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    WoW names cannot have non-standard characters. The only possible characters in WoW names are Latin-1 letters, excluding Ð and Þ.
    You clearly have not been around on live realms lately.

Edit: maybe you are right, can't be bothered to check Latin-1 table now, so I'll clarify instead. By nonstandard, I meant I hope they ban all characters outside the 26 that make up the English alphabet.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2017-11-17 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeith View Post
    Battle.net should not be integrated in to the client if we are to get an authentic vanilla experience.

Authenticators are done on the login servers, not the game client or game server. The prompt to type in the code from the authenticator has been done on a 1.12.1 client by a private server, so I'm sure Blizz would manage.

I can't imagine that the Battle.net app would need any major modifications to work. You add a new game to it, with the required files. Then use whatever patching method they use for all the other applications on it, to update the client when need be.

Not sure what you mean by a change to their main data storage, I'd be keen to know more about that!

The API should (imo) be disabled for external use. Any addons available should be a precompiled list that is toggleable in-game. The list should be gathered by talking to the community about which of the vanilla addons that were available at the time, they would like to see added.

Speaking as a software developer, I can't see any world where Blizzard would build the new client from scratch.
    Those are two things Blizzard would not allow a fully fledged game onto their launcher without. Speaking as a market analyst and investor, they would be fools not to put this game on their primary gaming platform and even more foolish not securing it. You're delusional thinking otherwise.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.