Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    You mean like artifact weapons?
    I also do not like the Artifact weapon talent system.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    - No flying mounts (hello world pvp)
    - Paladin only on Alliance and Shaman on Horde (muh immersion)
    - No battlegrounds (hello world pvp)
    - slow leveling (i like to take my time)
    - weapon skills (muh rpg)
    - unbalanced classes (fun! plenty of WTF how that happened? moments)
    - objectives not shown on map (muh rpg immersion)
    - talent trees! (yay normal talents !)
    - skills (yay skill every level!)
    - World PvP died long befor flying mounts was a thing.
    - Horde lacking paladins was a huge issue and something pretty much every horde raid team complained about. No one ever thought this was a good idea back then.
    - There were BGs.
    - Leveling was not fun back then, just like it's not fun now. There is a reason people wanted faster leveling and heirlooms. Most players gave up befor they reached max level.
    - Yeah, lack of balance... Such fun. People complained about this constantly.
    - Objects were shown on the map. You just had to use addons for it. You could probably turn objectives off with addons in retail.
    - Well, talents you never changed so there was no actual choice. You got the best one and that was it. How is this fun in any way?
    - You didn't get new skills every level. You might have gotten ranks for the same skill but all that really did was add some damage to something you already had. Whats the point?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I also do not like the Artifact weapon talent system.
    The system that is pretty much the same as the original talent tree? Yeah, it's not great.

I want to do BRD and get enough keys to do the secret boss. Since keys I think are locked to a specific instance ID you can't do it anymore? Not solo at least.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I want to do BRD and get enough keys to do the secret boss. Since keys I think are locked to a specific instance ID you can't do it anymore? Not solo at least.
    Yes, you can solo it. Just gotta clear trash until you get enough keys.

Deleted
    You never played it did you?
    Btw non is confirmed yet so in worst case scenarios you get a 60character boost and flying mount!
    I freaking hope they won't.

Barrens chat ftw

Being able to freeze mid-air by activating my Sentry Totem.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    This is one of those exsampels that are going to be very interest about how and what will they do. Wow released on November 7 2004, and BG's came out June 5 2005
    Let me ask you this Do you Vanila people want the "true" vanila experinse and wait 7 Months before BG gets released. or do you want them to be there from the start?
    In the interview, they said they're trying to decide between the 2005 and 2006 version, so chances are strong that everything will be in, but how everything is in is the debate now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Yes, you can solo it. Just gotta clear trash until you get enough keys.
    I did a full clear a few weeks back and didnt seem to have enough keys. perhaps I just got unlucky. will give it another go sometime this weekend maybe thanks for the info.

7+ Year Old Account
    One thing, mainly, will bring me back: Vanilla version of AV. For that reason alone I will be back long enough to hit max level and spend some time in that instance. Resto druid incoming!

Deleted
    One thing i really am a little excited about is: seeing the world before all those changes to it that mainly came to the game after Cataclysm.
    Would love the visit the old Darkshore, Barrens, Thousand Needles, Tanaris or even Stranglethorn Vale. Even the first memorable moments when i was questing alone in Elvynn and Westfall meeting the some of the people that i still play games (not only WoW) with today. Will be great to revisit those Spots in their undestroyed state, will feel like traveling through time and space. :-D

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Considering the fact that BLizzard have yet to decide how to go about this, and how far into the patches they'll make it, you don't really know for sure. Also, we don't know if this will be actual vanilla, or more of a remastered version, which still gives us vanilla, but adds a few other updates from today which won't interfere with the overall gameplay (updated models, current class updates, BGs, class balance, flying at max lvl etc.,) so don't get too hyped before we know more.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I did a full clear a few weeks back and didnt seem to have enough keys. perhaps I just got unlucky. will give it another go sometime this weekend maybe thanks for the info.
    Cleared the whole place several times a day back when it was Brewfest and I got teleported there for the daily boss. Got enough keys every time.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    - Sorry, auto attacking a dummy to level up weapon skills was NOT fun. It ends up you afk'ing while watching YouTube, so you're not really playing the game. I've been there and I loved the earlier game.
    I could be mistaken about it, but I'm fairly sure combat dummies didn't increase your weapons skills... or wouldn't increase them past a certain low level. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I could be mistaken about it, but I'm fairly sure combat dummies didn't increase your weapons skills... or wouldn't increase them past a certain low level. I could be wrong.
    There were a couple "dummy" mobs in the world that could be used to level max weapon skill without needing to pay attention. The most famous was in the blasted lands I believe? Just fire and forget, comeback after an hour.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    There were a couple "dummy" mobs in the world that could be used to level max weapon skill without needing to pay attention. The most famous was in the blasted lands I believe? Just fire and forget, comeback after an hour.
    The mobs near the portal that would self-banish, that's right. This whole thread is pretty funny. Full of people who are excited about things in vanilla that never existed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    The mobs near the portal that would self-banish, that's right. This whole thread is pretty funny. Full of people who are excited about things in vanilla that never existed in the first place.
    Also people insisting that some aspects of Vanilla were not in vanilla.

It's always interesting to see the "true veterans" insist that cross realm BGs and server transfers were not a thing in vanilla.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for dwarf stoneform on a twinked lvl 19 huntard to troll some rogues ;D