Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they're not going to bring back anyone if they fix things.

this isn't going to entice someone back that only cares about the quality of a current expac. there's one tiny core group of people that this will get back, and half of that will likely drop off sooner or later.

fixing things in it only pisses people off and still won't draw in new players. this is the only way blizzard can lose with this thing. the gain is microscopic in the first place. there's no need to turn an already small gain into not even a gain.
    Dude, you don't know WHAT will bring people back to the game. If you remember people talking during the megathreads they claimed many people would come back to Legacy. You are telling me that someone that played in Vanilla long ago and misses the game wouldn't try it with some changes in the game? Guess again. Sure the hardcore as hell people will be pissed with changes but they are a much smaller crowd. And I love how you guys dismiss veteran Vanilla players that ARE okay with some QoL changes or balancing or whatever. Your 'movement' is so fucking fractured it is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    "You can't let people vote. Mob rule? The mob is stupid. They don't know anything. Small changes turn into big changes."
    That's silly, Blizzard is gathering feedback from players before it makes decisions on these important design concerns of Classic. How is that a bad thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    100% of everything in Classic is easy. That's not really what's being discussed here.
    that is simply not true

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    *Sees the recent Q@A*

You were saying?
    Checks the recent QnA, sees almost nothing was discussed in there about anything but just a vague sentence, which does not even remotely imply bugs will stay in.

WoW Classic won't be moving away from the community and inconveniences, the question is what point in classic should the game be set in.
    Yep, someone can't understand what he reads. Poor someone.

You were saying?

You basement dweller purists will be disappointed, mark my words.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    preach brought this up in his own video. the slippery slope is very much a danger with this.

his example was giving a paladin taunt. you give it taunt, it still runs out of mana. then you give it the mana regen from healing it got in tbc, suddenly paladins are now the best tanks.

so, i really don't think they should change anything other than maybe pretty bad bugs.
    Yeah, I am sure giving Paladins taunt is the same as demanding that they use the same launch client. If it is not the original launch client it is absolutely detrimental to the vanilla experience! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    An opinion that matters more because he's got a bunch of subscribers? What, no way.
    He has credibility based on what people know of his opinions in other content he's made. Meanwhile random commenter on MMO-Champion probably has zero credibility. This is why people might trust someone like Dunkey over an organization like IGN where there are several different reviewers and other factors influencing their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    He has credibility based on what people know of his opinions in other content he's made. Meanwhile random commenter on MMO-Champion probably has zero credibility. This is why people might trust someone like Dunkey over an organization like IGN where there are several different reviewers and other factors influencing their opinions.
    I mean if we're going on credibility I heard people tossing about stuff saying this guy didn't even play original Vanilla. I don't know what is true or not but if it is true that would harm any 'credibility' I give a random E-Celeb. Not that I give their opinion any more weight than any other person spouting an opinion. I don't give a shit how many people follow them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's silly, Blizzard is gathering feedback from players before it makes decisions on these important design concerns of Classic. How is that a bad thing?
    People vote for the sake of voting, without actually knowing what it means. Not everyone, but a lot. And you don't want small necessary changes to turn into big changes that will alienate passionate players while people who voted for it won't even try it.

Deleted
    As said in the other threads: All Blizzard has to do is pick a starting point and just let in run for 1-2 years. That's all it will take for many people who have played WoW before to "finish, clear etc." the game and start to demand changes or even additional content. Blizzard needs to use that time to gather as much feedback and ingame data as possible and then decide what to do. They either fight decreasing numbers or indeed see potential for growth and act accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    that is simply not true
    Mistaking time sinks and pen and paper gear checks for difficulty doesn't change the fact the game was easy. There are mods called Don't stand in the Fire for these specific reasons. Really wasn't until Naxx came along that they really started to introduce mechanics. From what I remember, one of the hardest fights in Naxx (4 horsemen) was just a rotating tank and spank. Thadd by today's standards is simple. And if it weren't for people just not knowing how mechanics work, he would have been simple back in Vanilla (he was simple in Wrath).

Granted people still manage to fuck it up, look at Maiden as an example.

Time consumption and a different style of play /= difficulty. Classic is just a different game, a more traditional dnd style RPG than the borderline action RPG (with GCDs) that WoW has become. But current WoW is a far more challenging game to play when it comes to outright difficulty. But you will see when it releases and you have one button to press constantly for every fight, unless you are allowed to have a dot up or sunder. And you'll get yelled at because you will become so exhausted with pressing one button you will miss the fire, or the one add, you forgot to CC. It's nothing like someone forgot to soak armegeddon, wipe. Someone is standing on the wrong side of Maiden, wipe. People forgot Harj just isn't a tank and spank, wipe. Destroyed too many pillars on Goroth with the ball, wipe. Can't stop attacking the wrong target on demonic inq, wipe. Etc...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Mistaking time sinks and pen and paper gear checks for difficulty doesn't change the fact the game was easy. There are mods called Don't stand in the Fire for these specific reasons. Really wasn't until Naxx came along that they really started to introduce mechanics. From what I remember, one of the hardest fights in Naxx (4 horsemen) was just a rotating tank and spank. Thadd by today's standards is simple. And if it weren't for people just not knowing how mechanics work, he would have been simple back in Vanilla (he was simple in Wrath).
    Could it be, that doubling the time to change sides was a factor why Thaddius WotlK was easier than Thaddius classic? Or that 2/40 people on the wrong side meant instant death (2*2000 damage usally to much for DPS) instead of 6/10 or 5/25? Or perhaps it was increasing the enrage timer by 20% which made this boss easier? Or did you already wipe in P1? Back when there was a manaburn and crushing hits?

You mentioned maiden. So why is it, that in LFR and nhc is easy and hc is a roadblock for normal pugs? Is it because of numbers? The difference between classic and Wotlk Thadd? As easy as you heal through 80 bombs on nhc, as easy you healed through fails on Wotlk Thadd. It stops when the mechanics get punishing.

And the average joe is still as bad as in classic. Thats why a lot of pugs fail on every content (tos, still on NH, mythic+ on low keys as low as +2/+3)

Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    Could it be, that doubling the time to change sides was a factor why Thaddius WotlK was easier than Thaddius classic? Or that 2/40 people on the wrong side meant instant death (2*2000 damage usally to much for DPS) instead of 6/10 or 5/25? Or perhaps it was increasing the enrage timer by 20% which made this boss easier? Or did you already wipe in P1? Back when there was a manaburn and crushing hits?

You mentioned maiden. So why is it, that in LFR and nhc is easy and hc is a roadblock for normal pugs? Is it because of numbers? The difference between classic and Wotlk Thadd? As easy as you heal through 80 bombs on nhc, as easy you healed through fails on Wotlk Thadd. It stops when the mechanics get punishing.

And the average joe is still as bad as in classic. Thats why a lot of pugs fail on every content (tos, still on NH, mythic+ on low keys as low as +2/+3)
    I agree with what you are saying. I think another factor is it was 40 people, so there was 40 people to screw up vs 10/25.

"you don't like that pink helmet? fuck you, you gonna wear it".

lol new players, before legion to hide a helmet and cloak you didn't even had to visit trasmog vendor, lol
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english