Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FreaknRhinos View Post
    No, it's YOU that fails to understand that something that requires twice the effort for the same reward, isn't viable.
    No that is viability. It can complete it. It's just not optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Apparently dictating how others play is a vital for you. What makes you feel entitled to do so?
    I wouldn't say that's him dictating how others play, rather, Blizzard. During their earlier years Blizzard has a very clear vision and inspiration for what those classes do, were capable of and the price they paid for their capabilities. They premised all this on their earlier creations. They obviously have amended their vision with time, but with those amendments comes changes, unpopular, some popular.

I somewhat agree with this stance though, this thinking (a class specializes in what it specializes) was formative in WoW's design.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2017-11-17 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Grammar, I write like stupid when I'm hungry.

Deleted
    Based Ion, low energy hybrids are SAD!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Will have to watch the full thing when I get home. Will be interesting to see what they are on about.
    its literally just this 30s clip

Quote Originally Posted by fotmyo View Post
    its literally just this 30s clip
    Oh, saw the link and assumed it was the full interview. Will watch the full interview though anyways. Got to know the full context

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    HAHA, main wow is doomed now....
    I doubt that. The current player base probably consists a lot of vanilla players, which don't like the Vanilla version. I wonder how many players the Classic will have after the hype has gone away. How easy it will be to form 40-man raid groups? I myself will be probably switching between both versions, but I think that a lot of newer players that try the Classic won't be sticking there very long.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    I wouldn't that him dictating how others play. Rather, Blizzard. During their earlier years Blizzard has a very clear vision and inspiration for what those classes do, were capable of and the price they paid for their capabilities. They premised all this on their earlier creations. They obviously have amended their vision with time, but with those amendments comes changes, unpopular, some popular.

I somewhat agree with this stance though, this thinking (a class specializes in what it specializes) was formative in WoW's design.
    The amount of redesign that went on already in Vanilla casts a doubt on "very clear".

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyGnome View Post
    I doubt that. The current player base probably consists a lot of vanilla players, which don't like the Vanilla version. I wonder how many players the Classic will have after the hype has gone away. How easy it will be to form 40-man raid groups? I myself will be probably switching between both versions, but I think that a lot of newer players that try the Classic won't be sticking there very long.
    I'm pretty confident there will always be atleast 2-3 highly populated classic servers that will last AT LEAST 3 years. And before they die blizz will ask if we want TBC servers etc.. I dont think forming 40mans will be an issue in a year or so at all.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

if you picked a druid in vanilla you picked it for its flexibility. that was the class "fantasy" or purpose, you wont do as much damage as a rogue in feral form, you wont do as much damage as a mage in boomkin, etc etc they are pure damage classes with 0 role flexibility. The tradeoff for being a damage king like a mage? squishy as hell, glass cannons. Classes were stereotypical and things made a lot more sense in vanilla. These things should not be tampered with.

I remember reading these class summaries a long time ago
    i.imgur.com/kRB3lyW.jpg

Relieved to hear this, thanks.

The amount of redesign that went on already in Vanilla casts a doubt on "very clear".
    They never really undermined the core identity of each class during Vanilla though. They were adjusted within that identity (or class balance would've been a lot better). They did change/undermine the initial core identity in later expacs, in favour of their new player centric philosophy.

In the sentence after the one which your retort is aimed at, I even said as much. It's just the scale and speed of changes from Vanilla-Vanilla as opposed to Vanilla-Legion are...not of the same magnitude.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2017-11-17 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Used more precise terminology.

Had a quick look, so its pretty damn vague.

My guess, bug fixes technical updates to the engine (making it work well with todays machines software etc) are in. LGF/LFR and other QOL won't be.

I am pretty bummed out if we don't get two classic server options, but will still do classic in what ever form it comes in. How long I stay depends on friends who come back, and how much I stick with BFA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Wtf are you smooking meeting Stones did not make groups.
    Patch 1.3 look it up

Deleted
    Lets hope they stick to it!

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    They never really undermined the core identity of each class during Vanilla though. They were adjusted within that identity (or class balance would've been a lot better). They did change/undermine the initial core identity in later expacs, in favour of their new player centric philosophy.

In the sentence after the one which your retort is aimed at, I even said as much. It's just the scale and speed of changes from Vanilla-Vanilla as opposed to Vanilla-Legion are...not of the same magnitude.
    Alright, but how do you define "core identity"? Is it how they envisioned the class, how they implemented it or how the community saw them? The original game manual said about paladins: "It has a good ability to thrive in melee combat"... which the community turned into "wear cloth and stay back". I see making paladins competent at melee dps as restoring, not undermining core identity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    HAHA, main wow is doomed now....
    Congratulations, you win this months "Dumbest Comment on the internet" grand prize!

"WoW Classic won't be moving away from the community and inconveniences"

But that's not what Ion said in the broadcast. He actually put a "some" before the "inconveniences", which means Classic WoW relaunched won't move away from "some inconveniences". That is, updates are planned and in what shape they will take only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarion View Post
    "WoW Classic won't be moving away from the community and inconveniences"

But that's not what Ion said in the broadcast. He actually put a "some" before the "inconveniences", which means Classic WoW relaunched won't move away from "some inconveniences". That is, updates are planned and in what shape they will take only time will tell.
    That is my take on it as well. It is early days still, so fingers crossed we get some better info.

Alright, but how do you define "core identity"? Is it how they envisioned the class, how they implemented it or how the community saw them? The original game manual said about paladins: "It has a good ability to thrive in melee combat"... which the community turned into "wear cloth and stay back". I see making paladins competent at melee dps as restoring, not undermining core identity.
    The rest of that same blurb talks about being supreme buffers and utility bots which they also were.

The 'core identity' as I understand it would be determined by Blizzard, who then based on their previous works. I'm not saying Blizzard nailed it (I think they did a better than average job though), but I am saying they had very obvious 'themes' to their intended roles. Paladins, Shamans and Druids were never meant to be damage dealing power houses on their own, even in their respective specializations. Their strength came from either force multiplying effects, versatility or both. I'm of the very strong opinion, this kind of approach is no longer present in modern WoW.

I'd argue Paladins were fairly representative of Uther (I think the biggest inspiration for Paladins?). Other than the cloth fiasco, you fielded Uther similar how Paladins were played in Vanilla. Not as mighty Holy Warrior of death, but a buffer, protector, healer, etc. who could melee just not as well as some of his Hero cohorts.

This is also strictly in raids, in other places this assumption of 'stay back in your dress and heal' didn't necessarily hold true. At the time I don't think Blizzard did most of their balancing based on raids, but rather they tried to balance all aspects (which PvP was included in) simultaneously, a ridiculously difficult task.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2017-11-17 at 10:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you mean by spam farming 1 item from dungeon that gives them relatively short burst and he is viable ony on sub 1 minute kills ?

sure we have seen them

enjoy being resto spec innervate bit.h for actual healers aka priest/paladins.

honestly at this point i wish - i really wish they leave specs without balancing so that people see for themselves that if you are not warrior/ priest&paladin heal , mage , rogue you have nothing to look for in endgame. (besides ocasional 1 lock to buff mages and 1 hunt for tranq shot)

would be really hilalrius to see all those who claim how other specs were viable whining on forums that no guild recrutis them and they are ignored when dungeon groups are formed and bitching that raids dps roster consist of 10 warrios dps 10 mages and 10 rogues +1 lock and 1 hunter.
    1 lock?

Dude did you play vanilla with shit warlocks or are you on drugs?

In mc and bwl mages didnt have a chance against warlocks .

Even later when mages go fire on AQ and naxxramas they beat warlocks due to ignite mostly but the difference is still not big

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you mean by spam farming 1 item from dungeon that gives them relatively short burst and he is viable ony on sub 1 minute kills ?

sure we have seen them

enjoy being resto spec innervate bit.h for actual healers aka priest/paladins.

honestly at this point i wish - i really wish they leave specs without balancing so that people see for themselves that if you are not warrior/ priest&paladin heal , mage , rogue you have nothing to look for in endgame. (besides ocasional 1 lock to buff mages and 1 hunt for tranq shot)

would be really hilalrius to see all those who claim how other specs were viable whining on forums that no guild recrutis them and they are ignored when dungeon groups are formed and bitching that raids dps roster consist of 10 warrios dps 10 mages and 10 rogues +1 lock and 1 hunter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrC9AJRajGA

Do you see him use the crowd pummeler?
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.