Poll: Will You Pre-Order World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Battle for Azeroth - Pre-Order Speculation Thread

Hello there,

I thought a new thread is better than posting in the Alpha/Beta-Discussion thread.

So:

When do you think the pre-ordering will start for BfA?
    What do you think it will contain especially for WoW?
    What other "goodies" will it have for cross-blizz-games?

And finally (if I can get the poll right, dunno how to lol) will you pre-order the latest expansion for WoW?

Discuss and enjoy

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping pre-order goes out with 7.3.5. I'm also hoping it unlocks the first four Allied Races -very- early, so I'll have plenty of time to get my characters leveled up and Heroic Tomb geared before 8.0 hits. I also hope it has a Mount, but with the mount tied to Blizzcon I'm not 100% sure it will... Though seeing the Zandalari Raptor for the Horde and the Seabraid Stallion for the Alliance would get me to drop that sweet, sweet, Collector's Edition cash.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Guessing when it might happen before Alpha/Beta is too soon imo, but my approach to it will be the same as in Legion: If there's any content available sooner than without, then I preorder once that goes live, and if not, then with prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I'm hoping pre-order goes out with 7.3.5. I'm also hoping it unlocks the first four Allied Races -very- early, so I'll have plenty of time to get my characters leveled up and Heroic Tomb geared before 8.0 hits. I also hope it has a Mount, but with the mount tied to Blizzcon I'm not 100% sure it will... Though seeing the Zandalari Raptor for the Horde and the Seabraid Stallion for the Alliance would get me to drop that sweet, sweet, Collector's Edition cash.
    Is the physical CE needed or are there a virtual too? Haven´t ordered a CE since Wrath.

Yes I will be preordering. I know it's something I'll play unless unforeseen circumstances arise such as illness or whatnot.

As for the pre order date. Well I imagine either after 7.3.5 or when Beta starts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCoin View Post
    Is the physical CE needed or are there a virtual too? Haven´t ordered a CE since Wrath.
    You can get the digital rewards with a digital one. So if you just want the usual mount and pet then just go digital imo since it's a money saver. If you like owning the physical stuff then go physical of course.

You obviously won't get stuff like the "behind the scenes" DVD, Mouse mat or anything else like that with a digital CE.

I am a sucker for anything blizzard makes. I have gotten a physical collector's edition for every game since Warcraft 3. So yes I will.
    Last edited by Poshadin; 2017-11-17 at 11:54 AM.
    SWTOR Friend Referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/DzSdz8
    (You get free stuff, I get free stuff, win/win!)

Legion pre-orders started more than half a year before Legion release, so I definitely feel that 7.3.5 will release along with pre-orders (and has to release before February 13th's Wrath Timewalking)

Pre-order bonus will likely be the 4 Allied Races tied to Legion (Highmountain/Nightborne for Horde, LF Draenei/Void Elves for Alliance) which you can now level through with the new scaling tech, and these become available as soon as you pre-order. Unlike DHs which only had a few levels to go through, Allied races require 90+ levels to go through, so allowing it as early as 7.3.5's release is the better move.

As far as other games go, probably something very Horde/Alliance themed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yes I will be preordering. I know it's something I'll play unless unforeseen circumstances arise such as illness or whatnot.

As for the pre order date. Well I imagine either after 7.3.5 or when Beta starts.

- - - Updated - - -

You can get the digital rewards with a digital one. So if you just want the usual mount and pet then just go digital imo since it's a money saver. If you like owning the physical stuff then go physical of course.

You obviously won't get stuff like the "behind the scenes" DVD, Mouse mat or anything else like that with a digital CE.
    Thank you very much

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poshadin View Post
    I am a sucker for anything blizzcard makes. I have gotten a physical collector's edition for every game since Warcraft 3. So yes I will.
    That´s the spirit

Q2 next year.

Contain? What do you mean, what kind of in game goodies like mounts / pets?

-

And yes, I will pre order BfA like every expansion before (although BfA for me is a massive let down).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Q2 next year.

Contain? What do you mean, what kind of in game goodies like mounts / pets?

-

And yes, I will pre order BfA like every expansion before (although BfA for me is a massive let down).
    Ye right like mounts, pets, boost etc.

Sinse the Pre Order should come with a date of the latest that BfA will be released i think we can expect it to be available around Feb-March...

It will probably be a discounted copy with some early access to some part of the new expac (im guessing a chance at recruiting the Allied Races early)
    A CE will come with either Mounts, Toys, Pets or all of them together.

As for other game goodies, i have no ideas on what to speculate

Madness will consume you!!!

Probably just allow you to unlock allied races during the pre event

Deleted
    I always wait for a small price drop but this might be an exception

10+ Year Old Account
    Still un-decided until I see the in-game goodies...
    Might just get a regular version if I don't care for the goodies, and maybe get one if the in-game goodies are that great.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    Of course i will pre-order, i mean .. an expansion focused on faction war!?!?!? come on guys...

I want the CE. The Artbook is one of the view physical things that will actually outlast the game and I like the idea of that.
    If they offered the CE Box with everything except the game disk/code I might actually consider buying that instead this time around..

Edit:
    The leveling content is usually decent enough to warrant the price. But, and this already irks me to no end, I have the feeling of getting shafted again on my main this time, since I can't stand the theme for the horde. I hope we get more than just causing trouble in the alliance zone and some shitty world quests without context. That is one of my biggest concerns atm. While I will level an alliance char, given the direction of the game, to stay competitive I won't have much time to get to that before I haven't finished leveling my main for the raid and an alt for the usual profession grind.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-11-17 at 05:08 PM.

If some of the allied races are opened early for people that pre-order then yeah I will. Otherwise I'll wait for closer to when it is coming out to make sure my friends will still be playing.

Aside from the usual Mount, pet and early access bonus... What if they give the option of a Horde or Alliance version?

Given the shift from the usual "Threat to the world" to all out Faction war... and that the (wonderful) intro cinematic had a pick your side sort of vibe, what if the pre-order had an option to give you some cosmetics that you can use to show off your loyalty to King or Warchief?

Not necessarily something I want, but I have a feeling they might do something like that.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    The alpha/beta thread is going slow enough as it is. Can we get a lock on this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Probably just allow you to unlock allied races during the pre event
    That would be awesome!