Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    How long until "controversial users" becomes 'anyone who questions/disagrees with us or our masters"
    We're already at that point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Come on guys, bakeries should be able to turn away gay people, right? They are a private business after all.

I think you've made the assumption people who disagree with this are also saying it's illegal and shouldn't be allowed. From what I can tell it's people being annoyed by the choice twitter made, not saying the choice was illegal.

I'm certain you don't believe we can't disagree with something unless it's illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobrogost View Post
    I think you've made the assumption people who disagree with this are also saying it's illegal and shouldn't be allowed. From what I can tell it's people being annoyed by the choice twitter made, not saying the choice was illegal.

I'm certain you don't believe we can't disagree with something unless it's illegal.
    it's the principal! the one size fits all principal!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoWolf View Post
    Given the social/political leaning of this forum, why not just be honest in the title and state that it's right wing supporters being banned? Can't see any reason why there should be this effort to gloss over the inherent bigotry of the Off-Topic forums as if it doesn't happen at all.
    Since you put it like that, if the resident right-wing denizens of this forum are finally willing to admit that they're just a bunch of fascists, then far be it from me to withhold my earnestly held belief that fascists should be banned from participating in all sorts of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    What Muslim ban?
    My next door neighbor is Muslim, so the ban isn't working very well.
    Don't be intentionally stupid. You both know goddamn well it's Trump's muslim *travel* ban which keeps getting sunk in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Don't be intentionally stupid. You both know goddamn well it's Trump's muslim *travel* ban which keeps getting sunk in court.
    Sunk in court? I think you mean the Supreme Court kept ruling in its favor. Also, what Muslim ban?

7+ Year Old Account
    Come on guys, bakeries should be able to turn away gay people, right? They are a private business after all.

Really makes you think...

Will Al Franken lose his checkmark, now that he's admitted his sex attack? I mean, he's not any better than a conservative ranter who hasn't assaulted any females.

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    Then do you agree that censorship is wrong, and people should be able to say what they want. Then WE can decide if we want to listen, ignore or respond?
    Not at all no, those who have to resort to hate speech should not be given a platform anywhere - be it media or social media. They preach an ideology which hurt other people for no reason what so ever, and we've learned from WWII among other situations that those looking for a scapegoat to blame their problems on easily tag along when you give them a chance. We have laws against it in most western countries at least for a reason, and I have no idea how it's like in other parts of the world but I imagine there's something similar in place. To me it seems like the west is slowly forgetting our mistakes from the 30's and 40's already and it hasn't even been 100 years.

You do know that you can choose whether you want to be ignorant or not, right?
    It's not like being born gay or with a different skin color than white.

Last edited by Arainie; 2017-11-17 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    How long until "controversial users" becomes 'anyone who questions/disagrees with us or our masters"
    It's always been like that.

Internet enjoyed just a little freedom, but that was a temporary glitch in the system, and now we're going back to square A.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Not at all no, those who have to resort to hate speech should not be given a platform anywhere - be it media or social media. They preach an ideology which hurt other people for no reason what so ever, and we've learned from WWII among other situations that those looking for a scapegoat to blame their problems on easily tag along when you give them a chance. We have laws against it in most western countries at least for a reason, and I have no idea how it's like in other parts of the world but I imagine there's something similar in place. To me it seems like the west is slowly forgetting our mistakes from the 30's and 40's already and it hasn't even been 100 years.

You do know that you can choose whether you want to be ignorant or not, right?
    It's not like being born gay or with a different skin color than white.

Except that most of it is the refusal to obey a narrative of moral soap boxing.

Let's for a moment remember that the Muslim Brotherhood as well as Harvey Weinstien are allowed to still be verified.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Except that most of it is the refusal to obey a narrative of moral soap boxing.

Let's for a moment remember that the Muslim Brotherhood as well as Harvey Weinstien are allowed to still be verified.
    And convicted pedo's like Ian Watkins, still verified.

Nazis are getting banned or lose their check mark.

Conservatives see it as an attack on conservatives. Hmm, tells you a lot about how conservatives see themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    My favourite thing about Twitter is the hilarious home-made blue checkmark that Julian Assange has in his user name.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    And convicted pedo's like Ian Watkins, still verified.
    No idea who this was/is so I googled it. Yup that about sums it up. It's fucking disgusting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    No idea who this was/is so I googled it. Yup that about sums it up. It's fucking disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Twitter does not de-verify right wing users. It de-verifies Nazis. If you are not a Nazi you should not view them as your team.

Shame. I've been using that verification tick as a signal of how retarded someone is for a long time.

Works out 90% of the time. It has to be some kind of internet rule that it requires someone to be a huge mong to get verified, or that the verification tick causes them to become one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Fuck them go Gabi or whatever the fuck else the Twitter knock off clone for loser white supremacist is.
    Funny that you call Gab a Twitter knock off clone for loser white supremacists.

It's literally just a Twitter clone for people who are sick of Twitter's lopsided enforcement of rules and lack of regard for freedom of speech.

Basically, you are making free speech into a white supremacist thing, you potato.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Funny that you call Gab a Twitter knock off clone for loser white supremacists.

It's literally just a Twitter clone for people who are sick of Twitter's lopsided enforcement of rules and lack of regard for freedom of speech.

Basically, you are making free speech into a white supremacist thing, you potato.
    Yeah, yeah whatever you have to tell yourself about this crappy Gab shit, nobody other than who I said gives a shit about, so much you have to keep peeking over and crying about every major event on twitter.

You are right, I don't care about the freedom of speech lives or anything else of white supremacist racist. And no amount of your complaining is going to change that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post

Conservatives see it as an attack on conservatives. Hmm, tells you a lot about how conservatives see themselves.
    Unite the Right or as it were, LOL!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Laura Loomer is a white nationalist? She's Jewish ffs. Twitter should just come clean and say they're banning all views their CEO Jack disapproves of. The worst way to combat crazies like Spencer(who is probably a paid actor) is to make them martyrs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post

Conservatives see it as an attack on freedom of expression, which it is. Even crazies have a right to speak, at least in a free country. Communists, Nazis, Antifa supporters, etc all have a right to say their piece. Even the lowest of the low antifa members. Maybe if you disagree you belong in a country more to your liking, like Saudi Arabia, Iran or North Korea? The sad part is many on the left like yourself have issues understanding abstract concepts like freedom of speech. Maybe you can have a parent or conservative explain it to you?

inb4 some triggered, biased extreme left-wing mod bans me again.
    Last edited by dd614; 2017-11-17 at 01:34 PM.