Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You know its funny that sargeras joins "villains who lost because they couldn't just wait 5 minutes and finish their preparations before attacking" club. Miserable as ever.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Had they waited for a year before the invasion they would have a whole Pantheon to attack against us....

Deleted
    But Kil'jaeden wanted it now ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    But Kil'jaeden wanted it now ^^
    Wasn't the invasion precipitated by the arrival of AU Gul'dan, not Kil'jaeden?

AU Gul'dan who was only able to reach our universe thanks to the efforts of... Garrosh Helscream.

Which means in a way Garrosh defeated the Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiry View Post
    Wasn't the invasion precipitated by the arrival of AU Gul'dan, not Kil'jaeden?

AU Gul'dan who was only able to reach our universe thanks to the efforts of... Garrosh Helscream.

Which means in a way Garrosh defeated the Legion.
    But it was Varian who saved Garrosh's life after he was defeated. So Varian defeated the Legion.

But it was Vol'jin who planned the Siege that would end up with Garrosh defeated. So Vol'jin defeated the Legion

But it was Thrall who put Garrosh in charge, therefore causing Vol'jin's rebellion. So Thrall defeated the Legion.

But it was Blackmoore who discovered Thrall all alone as a baby. So Blackmoore defeated the legion.

But it was Gul'dan's assassins who killed Durotar and Draka, therefore leaving Thrall all alone. So Gul'dan defeated the legion.

GUL'DAN WAS THE CHILD OF LIGHT AND SHADOW ALL ALONG
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    Had they waited for a year before the invasion they would have a whole Pantheon to attack against us....
    They didn't exactly plan for us to invade them back, especially since it happened because KJ recklessly sought to end the war and exposed himself, giving us a gateway to Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    They didn't exactly plan for us to invade them back, especially since it happened because KJ recklessly sought to end the war and exposed himself, giving us a gateway to Argus.
    Kil'jaeden was acting on Sargeras' orders in the 7.2 opening cutscene, but I doubt both he and Sargeras were expecting Illidan to use the Sargerite Keystone to open a massive portal rift between the two worlds and for the defenders of Azeroth to reverse the Legion invasion into one of their own. In the Legion's mind it was probably a zero-sum game - if they won on Azeroth then it was over, and if they lost the defenders would seal the portal in the Tomb of Sargeras and take up a defensive posture once more (a waiting game Sargeras would win with the advent of his Dark Pantheon). The swift and sudden shift into an offensive using the Vindicaar and the world-sized portal was the real and unexpected spanner in the works.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

What's the requirements for the quests? Turalyon has no new quests for me. :s

I'm on an EU server.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    What's the requirements for the quests? Turalyon has no new quests for me. :s

I'm on an EU server.
    Same here... Guessing EU still doesn't have the quest available

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Kil'jaeden was acting on Sargeras' orders in the 7.2 opening cutscene, but I doubt both he and Sargeras were expecting Illidan to use the Sargerite Keystone to open a massive portal rift between the two worlds and for the defenders of Azeroth to reverse the Legion invasion into one of their own. In the Legion's mind it was probably a zero-sum game - if they won on Azeroth then it was over, and if they lost the defenders would seal the portal in the Tomb of Sargeras and take up a defensive posture once more (a waiting game Sargeras would win with the advent of his Dark Pantheon). The swift and sudden shift into an offensive using the Vindicaar and the world-sized portal was the real and unexpected spanner in the works.
    Was he acting on Sargy's orders? The 7.2 cutscene seems to indicate KJ moves the timetable forward and commits his forces and himself to an all-out assault after hanging up on his boss's fel phone, thus making himself and the gateway to Argus, vulnerable. Still, in the end you're right, the plot device that was the Sargerite Keystone is basically the only reason we can move on Argus in time.

Deleted
    Wasn't that cinematic posted ages ago, though?

Edit: in august it seems.

Deleted
    Isn't it interesting though that titan essences/spirits or w/e they are , are susceptible to corruption whereas they are supposed to be immune to void corruption?

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post

But it was Gul'dan's assassins who killed Durotar and Draka, therefore leaving Thrall all alone. So Gul'dan defeated the legion.

GUL'DAN WAS THE CHILD OF LIGHT AND SHADOW ALL ALONG
    Why stop there?

But it Kil'Jaedin who had Gul'dan invade Azeroth?

But it Sargeras who had Kil'jaedin have Gul'dan invade azeroth??

So Sargeras defeated the Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

My thoughts exactly.
    Didn't Blizzard say that part of the invasion was to get the souls back from Azeroth? I know it's a huge asspull explanation and they never said how they got them, especially Aman'thul's, but that's now canon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it interesting though that titan essences/spirits or w/e they are , are susceptible to corruption whereas they are supposed to be immune to void corruption?
    Well, Fel and Void are two different things.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Was he acting on Sargy's orders? The 7.2 cutscene seems to indicate KJ moves the timetable forward and commits his forces and himself to an all-out assault after hanging up on his boss's fel phone, thus making himself and the gateway to Argus, vulnerable. Still, in the end you're right, the plot device that was the Sargerite Keystone is basically the only reason we can move on Argus in time.
    Re-watching the cutscene I can see how it would be seen that way - Kil'jaeden does seem to cut Sargeras off and commit himself to destroying Dalaran, not sure it was necessarily against Sargeras' order but it was definitely motivated by his anger (presumably at Velen directly).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Well, Fel and Void are two different things.
    As is light. If titans are susceptible to corruption would be interesting to fight a Xera kind of force invasion trying to corrupt Azeroth with Light in the future. Army of the Light new antagonist confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    As is light. If titans are susceptible to corruption would be interesting to fight a Xera kind of force invasion trying to corrupt Azeroth with Light in the future. Army of the Light new antagonist confirmed.
    Wasn't there a mention of the development team wanting us to see "The horrors of the light" from the Void's perspective?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Why stop there?

But it Kil'Jaedin who had Gul'dan invade Azeroth?

But it Sargeras who had Kil'jaedin have Gul'dan invade azeroth??

So Sargeras defeated the Legion.
    But Sargeras wouldn't have founded the Legion and had Kil'jaeden have Gul'dan invade azeroth if it hadn't been for the Old Gods.

But the Old Gods wouldn't have existed without the Void Lords.

But the Void Lords appeared when the world was born.

There was never a Legion to defeat

10+ Year Old Account
    You know its funny that sargeras joins "villains who lost because they couldn't just wait 5 minutes and finish their preparations before attacking" club. Miserable as ever.
    Wait 5 min and get Guldan,your only ticket into Azeroth,tracked down and killed my Khadgar and Maiev.The Sargerite keystone was the game changer.Otherwise Sargeras' plans would have worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Wait 5 min and get Guldan,your only ticket into Azeroth,tracked down and killed my Khadgar and Maiev.The Sargerite keystone was the game changer.Otherwise Sargeras' plans would have worked.
    But it didn't worked. And couldnt they just....fly with their ships ? I mean even if it takes long it doesn't really matter for them anyway. There should be hard cap on incompetence.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it didn't worked. And couldnt they just....fly with their ships ? I mean even if it takes long it doesn't really matter for them anyway. There should be hard cap on incompetence.
    Of course it didnt work,we intervened didnt we.Also flying here would probably take way too long(that is the official explanation apparently) and by that time Azeroth could already be corrupted by the Void Lords.What there should be a hard cap on is how ridiculously overpowered the player characters are at this point.No point blaming the villains,blame the stupid mmo format and its massive power creep.