So, we're looking at two DLC-sized "expansions" that add just a little more of the same and don't solve any of the game issues? For real?

Now we're talking about "not worth the money". Don't get me wrong - i'm having fun and i'm going to play it till the end (hell, i bought the season pass which i still think is a decent deal), but honestly i don't see where the game makes it to the full price.

Graphics are good, gameplay is god-tier, but we're looking at a 2-3 hour session weekly to improve power level and that's it. You don't even need the raid until you really want the cosmetics; Nightfall are basically a Sonic run to the last boss and all the vedors ion various zones become pretty much obsolete when you reach 265/270, which doesn't take much at all.

Good ideas and very poor execution on this aspect. I hope they're going to add something after the second DLC because if this is the whole game, it doesn't stand the price i paid for this small time of entertaining (which is currently good).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    So, we're looking at two DLC-sized "expansions" that add just a little more of the same and don't solve any of the game issues? For real?

Now we're talking about "not worth the money". Don't get me wrong - i'm having fun and i'm going to play it till the end (hell, i bought the season pass which i still think is a decent deal), but honestly i don't see where the game makes it to the full price.

Graphics are good, gameplay is god-tier, but we're looking at a 2-3 hour session weekly to improve power level and that's it. You don't even need the raid until you really want the cosmetics; Nightfall are basically a Sonic run to the last boss and all the vedors ion various zones become pretty much obsolete when you reach 265/270, which doesn't take much at all.

Good ideas and very poor execution on this aspect. I hope they're going to add something after the second DLC because if this is the whole game, it doesn't stand the price i paid for this small time of entertaining (which is currently good).
    Honestly its a real shame they didn't port D1 to PC, places like Venus, Mars and the goddamn Moon are great areas and theres so many neat moments -and a lot less cringey meme humour from characters- as well as a talking protagonist and i'm sure the folks liking D2 would adore The Taken King and Rise of Iron in particular.

Because nothing but the leviathan for all the dlc and season pass? thats really lame after D1 had players going into the Vex vault of glass, the hives necropolis inside the moon, a floating dreadnaught on saturns rings and a huge industrial nightmare in the plaguelands.

I don't shit on everything in the game but man raid situation in particular is a huge let down and considering what you missed its all the worse.

Oh they will add somethnig after the Second DLC and it will cost you $30+ just like it did in Destiny 1. As someone who put a shit ton of time into D1 I 100% feel they are repeating each step they made in D1 with D2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I don't shit on everything in the game but man raid situation in particular is a huge let down and considering what you missed its all the worse.
    I loved everything up to the endgame. It was all such a mass improvement IMO including PVP (IMO). But god dam how do you drop the ball so hard when it comes to endgame. Even more so after the feedback that they gotten from D1.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Oh they will add somethnig after the Second DLC and it will cost you $30+ just like it did in Destiny 1. As someone who put a shit ton of time into D1 I 100% feel they are repeating each step they made in D1 with D2.

- - - Updated - - -

I loved everything up to the endgame. It was all such a mass improvement IMO including PVP (IMO). But god dam how do you drop the ball so hard when it comes to endgame. Even more so after the feedback that they gotten from D1.
    Well also from personal preference the Cabal are lame as shit. They are space romans. Thats it. Thats all we got. The Fallen have a rich story as another people formerly uplifted by the traveller and when it fled the darkness and left them to rot they turned into pirates to survive. I dont even know if thats anywhere for the new pc players to find ingame anymore. Then the Hive are lovecraftian bugs from space that are all stillborn with a godmaggot inside them and savathun is already starting to push into the Sol system to pull a Oryx. Throw in the Vex being time manipulating androids from the past and future that might be humans from a timeline where they either lost or destroyed the darkness and the taken turning into 'the ravenous' and growing spikes and taking things themselves like a plague and you have a whole cast of interesting characters.
    I know we needed a cabal raid at some point but i was expecting a raid on a fortress on mars like what was rumoured to be cut from D1 but hedonismbots cruise ship? thats lame. Really, really lame.

Well also from personal preference the Cabal are lame as shit. They are space romans. Thats it. Thats all we got. The Fallen have a rich story as another people formerly uplifted by the traveller and when it fled the darkness and left them to rot they turned into pirates to survive. I dont even know if thats anywhere for the new pc players to find ingame anymore. Then the Hive are lovecraftian bugs from space that are all stillborn with a godmaggot inside them and savathun is already starting to push into the Sol system to pull a Oryx. Throw in the Vex being time manipulating androids from the past and future that might be humans from a timeline where they either lost or destroyed the darkness and the taken turning into 'the ravenous' and growing spikes and taking things themselves like a plague and you have a whole cast of interesting characters.
    I know we needed a cabal raid at some point but i was expecting a raid on a fortress on mars like what was rumoured to be cut from D1 but hedonismbots cruise ship? thats lame. Really, really lame.
    See that's the really sad thing about Destiny. Destiny has such interesting lore and a huge amount of it, But its like the gameplay outright ignores every bit of it.

Its like Bungie's Lore team and Dev team don't speak to each other at all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Just today
    *snip*
    Thanks fuckin' awesome. I need to practice with my fireteam, I guess, or just play more. Hard to do without being able to find an active clan.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know anything abou the lore... but you just made the races seem more interesting in one post than the 20+ hours I've dropped into D2 so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have the "activate headshot" talent it definitely works - tested multiple times, i've seen up to 23k headshots.

I need to check what changes in damage if i choose the 6 shots tree instead. Losing headshots may be worth oif the total damage goes from 3x to 6x.
    If head shots do X2 damage, then the 6X shot and a head shot 3X would do the same damage. Only difference would be if you would rather have more time with the Super and head shot or have less time and body shot.

Whichever the case, I still think Nightstalker with the Orpheus Rig is just too good for me to switch out of. I can use my super 5+ times on the final boss fight of this week's Nightfall, it's crazy good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In exactly the same ways you actively can do so already, in the game.

The claim was that the marketing promised so much more than is currently in the game. None of those trailers hinted at features that aren't in the game. I'm not aware of any marketing that did.

There's voice chat and fireteam chat for running raids/nightfalls/trials, already.

As for help in finding people to run that content, we're back to "things you were never promised would be in the game".

Using WoW as the example is particularly silly; raiding in WoW has practically required third-party software, going back to the beginning. At least when I quit, in WoD, third-party addons were highly recommended for raiders for a host of reasons, most preferred third-party voice chat over Blizzard's built-in, etc. I doubt things changed THAT much in the most recent expansion.
    I won't ever be able to convince you that the game needs a chat system and you won't ever be able to convince me otherwise. This is like the religion vs science debate, neither side will ever concede. So let's just agree to disagree and move on.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Well game is still unplayable for me. New hotfix or patch, whatever they call it, didnt change a shit. But hey, we have new dlc icon on destination. Thats something.

Crashed while inside crucible match. Fuck this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Well game is still unplayable for me. New hotfix or patch, whatever they call it, didnt change a shit. But hey, we have new dlc icon on destination. Thats something.

Only problem I ever saw was 1 crash during a Strike a few weeks ago. If the game is unplayable for you, then it's your computer, not the game itself.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They are "Working" on a lot of things, They been "Working" on them since Destiny 1. Let me know when they actually do something because like its already been said these are issues that has plagued Destiny since the first one.
    this is actually in the notes as incoming stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Only problem I ever saw was 1 crash during a Strike a few weeks ago. If the game is unplayable for you, then it's your computer, not the game itself.
    Uhuh... https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Pos...?sort=0&page=0

As i said. Fuck this game.

And this is factually wrong. Just because you only saw 1 crash doesn't mean the game doesn't have issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    this is actually in the notes as incoming stuff though.
    Not trying to be smart but its always incoming with Bungie. Ill believe the changes when I see them.

But since each raid DLC is going to be in leviathan I barely care anymore.

I fixed my crashing by updating EVGA's Precision X software. Was literally crashing every 5-30 mins, crippling me from playing. Updated and have not crashed since. Please try this if you use it.

I feel for you. The first week of release was unplayable due to bugs/glitches, as well. Hope you get it fixed!

- - - Updated - - -

No, you're wrong. It could definitely be the game or another program that Destiny doesn't get along with.

Don't be so quick to blame the hardware. Bungie has made it evident that the game had issues due to its own software and conflicts with other programs that are working perfectly fine. The game is suffering from many issues, not peoples' PCs by and large.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I fixed my crashing by updating EVGA's Precision X software. Was literally crashing every 5-30 mins, crippling me from playing. Updated and have not crashed since. Please try this if you use it.

I feel for you. The first week of release was unplayable due to bugs/glitches, as well. Hope you get it fixed!

I never ever heard of this software, not have it installed. Maybe will try downloading it and see if something change. I have thundermaster running, maybe this could cause issues? But again, they didnt list it as a trouble software.

What is funny im positive it was something on they end. Game worked without any crash till end of campaing when it started. It also took me couple of days (didnt play much on one go and also was doing other activities like public events or adventures) so i suspect some patch went on, or hotfix, which fucked it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the stats, maybe this will help someone:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8N1rgbw0NE

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed that there is a osiris planet to click on now but it wants me to purchase it, if I purchase it, will it unlock and be playable? I didnt see any announcement that it was being released.

/shrug

I never ever heard of this software, not have it installed. Maybe will try downloading it and see if something change. I have thundermaster running, maybe this could cause issues? But again, they didnt list it as a trouble software.

What is funny im positive it was something on they end. Game worked without any crash till end of campaing when it started. It also took me couple of days (didnt play much on one go and also was doing other activities like public events or adventures) so i suspect some patch went on, or hotfix, which fucked it.
    Have you tried the "Scan and Repair" function on the Battle.net launcher? It solved most patch issues for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I noticed that there is a osiris planet to click on now but it wants me to purchase it, if I purchase it, will it unlock and be playable? I didnt see any announcement that it was being released.

/shrug
    No, that is just asking you to pre-order it. Doesn't go live till Dec 5th.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    No, that is just asking you to pre-order it. Doesn't go live till Dec 5th.
    prepurchase*. preorder times are long gone, as it wasnt bad enough

u shell out money immidiately, and wait for the product
    know the difference
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC