Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I use to play a lot of golf. But now, rarely play. Mostly into home improvements. I have done a lot of the last few years , finished up installing a metal roof on my house and outbuildings last year. Did it myself. Earlier this year, replaced my aging old galvanized plumbing pipes with new Pex tubing. The son in law ( a plumber by profession) helped me with that. Want to redo the kitchen next. Of course some video gaming to relax at times is fun.
    So you are Bob Vila LOL!

Yeah I tried golf jesus do I suck at it, I think there is a an ordinance and law I am not allowed near golf clubs for everyone safety including my own. Yeah Ford Engines i can do, home repair, not a chance. I envy you!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    masturbating - currently trying to break my record of 4 times a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Video games
    comic books
    anything X-23 related
    electronics
    road trips
    sleeping
    fishing
    Would like to start hunting.
    watching movies.
    watching wrestling

These are in no particular order
    Hunting is definitely a good skill set to have, a lot more to survival that having to drink one's own urine. Any particular game you are interested in?

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Hunting is definitely a good skill set to have, a lot more to survival that having to drink one's own urine. Any particular game you are interested in?
    Deer probably most. Venison is so good. Wouldn't mind duck as well.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surgex View Post
    masturbating - currently trying to break my record of 4 times a day.
    Nothing wrong with having a dream and goals, although I think the record is a bit higher than 4, and hope you have plenty of fluids are in good health.

Fair enough, but I got on the wrong side of YouTube ones and binge watched shit about serial killers, I am like why the fuck am I watching this shit. So any recommendations are good the more odd the better, Odd enough Ill probably check it out and watch.
    lol Fair enough. The ones I've really enjoyed lately are Once Upon a Time, Trollhunters, Pretty Little Liars, and A Series of Unfortunate Events. Though if I had to pick only one of these to recommend, it would definitely be Once Upon a Time. It's not at all what I expected when I first started watching it and the characters are pretty fantastic.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you are Bob Vila LOL!

Yeah I tried golf jesus do I suck at it, I think there is a an ordinance and law I am not allowed near golf clubs for everyone safety including my own. Yeah Ford Engines i can do, home repair, not a chance. I envy you!
    I was decent at golf. Got my USGA handicap down to 5 the last serous year I played. Was runner up in my club championship one year. It was challenging. But honestly, putting the metal roof on was more challenging than golf was. Handling 9 foot by 4 foot sheets of metal by yourself was not easy. However, the satisfaction of accomplishment, after installing was done, was better than anything I did in golf.

And as a side note. Metal roofing is far better than the old fiberglass or asphalt singles. Esp. if you have a lot of trees around your house. It will also save on your cooling costs, as it helps to keep your attic cooler. Much higher wind and hail resistance also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deer probably most. Venison is so good. Wouldn't mind duck as well.
    Done deer never duck, I am sure plenty of places in Ohio to go, but if you ever get around the great lakes region there are bunch of great spots to go.

Done deer never duck, I am sure plenty of places in Ohio to go, but if you ever get around the great lakes region there are bunch of great spots to go.
    oh yeah there are plenty of places. There's a couple of public hunting areas up by lake erie mostly in the bowling green/toledo area. I live in Northwest ohio. about an 45 minutes from the lake and go up there all the time to fish. Also it's not hard to get permission to hunt on people's property. Really it's the money to get started that's holding me back
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I was decent at golf. Got my USGA handicap down to 5 the last serous year I played. Was runner up in my club championship one year. It was challenging. But honestly, putting the metal roof on was more challenging than golf was. Handling 9 foot by 4 foot sheets of metal by yourself was not easy. However, the satisfaction of accomplishment, after installing was done, was better than anything I did in golf.

And as a side note. Metal roofing is far better than the old fiberglass or asphalt singles. Esp. if you have a lot of trees around your house. It will also save on your cooling costs, as it helps to keep your attic cooler. Much higher wind and hail resistance also.
    Damn, much better than me, I think my Handicap is like 20 maybe 22 just to be safe

Yeah home repair is one of those things I watch some videos, check out some prices, then say FUCK this and hire someone else to do it LOL! But yeah, I think if I could at some point I wouldn't mine forcing myself to build something.

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah there are plenty of places. There's a couple of public hunting areas up by lake erie mostly in the bowling green/toledo area. I live in Northwest ohio. about an 45 minutes from the lake and go up there all the time to fish. Also it's not hard to get permission to hunt on people's property. Really it's the money to get started that's holding me back
    Yeah there are some great lodges and resorts during the season here. Lots of really cool decent people too, that talk game with. I think my biggest goal would be to go hunting in Alaska maybe when I retire in a few and move up there. Beautiful country, and lots of places you can go there too. One thing I like is that whatever you kill, you can have it processed and donated to local pantries, which is very cool.

Aside from gaming I really enjoy reading National Geographic (Pretty much covers all my interests; Biology, Geography, Culture, History, Science, etc.) [Got every magazine since the 70s -- still got a good ol' fashioned personal library to hold them all as well as many other books], as well as participate in Motorsports.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-11-17 at 03:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are things you like to do in your personal time besides games
    Besides video games. I play is 2 full bands, and am working on a friends solo album as a studio bassist.

I also enjoy cooking. I really like to challenge myself to try new recipes and new ways of cooking.

I enjoy spending time in the woods camping. Nothing like a cooler full of booze, a raging fire, and friends.

I also play dungeons and dragons every friday night with friends. Been doing that for many years.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disk golf
    Video games
    Gunpla(gundam model building)
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Hentai, anime, music, science, reading, learning Japanese properly, meditation.
    Except for the "learning Japanese properly" part very similar. I'd love to be able to speak, read, understand it properly, but don't have the time, nor the resources to do so. Oh, and Cooking, I love to cook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Besides video games. I play is 2 full bands, and am working on a friends solo album as a studio bassist.

I also enjoy cooking. I really like to challenge myself to try new recipes and new ways of cooking.

I enjoy spending time in the woods camping. Nothing like a cooler full of booze, a raging fire, and friends.

I also play dungeons and dragons every friday night with friends. Been doing that for many years.

That is very cool hope you make it man, world always needs good tunes. Yeah, I can bake a little but the cooking is intimidating, my fear is that I will get frustrated but before the end of the year I am going to have a dish or I can do.

Camping and Booze, haha sounds safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is very cool hope you make it man, world always needs good tunes. Yeah, I can bake a little but the cooking is intimidating, my fear is that I will get frustrated but before the end of the year I am going to have a dish or I can do.

Camping and Booze, haha sounds safe.
    The music is just for fun. I'm too old for the music industry, lol. And my day job pays me well enough to where I can afford to just have fun with music.

I have always been intimidated by baking. Baking is a science and cooking is an art. If you make a mistake when baking, the entire thing is ruined. But with cooking, there is much more freedom in how much of an ingredient you add, or how long you cook it (within limitations of course). Fortunately, my g/f is a great baker, so she has that covered. And since she isn't much of a cook, I take care of that. We make a good team = )

As for camping and booze, sure it's safe! Been camping since I was a little child with my parents, same goes for my g/f. We are kinda pro's at it, lol. We mostly do tent camping at camping sites, but I do enjoy heading up the appalachian mountains and do an overnight backpacking trip from time to time.

Main hobby that I get to express myself in every way:

Software development - everything, to use buzzwords - dev ops.
    Front end - at work we use Angular and Aurelia, at home - React+Redux or ASP.NET MVC server side rendering.
    DB - at work MS SQL on Windows Server, at home - PostgreSQL on ArchLinux (lol choice), then ElasticSearch both at home and work. Also exploration of other technologies, like tried MongoDB - hipster tech.
    Back end - .NET at work... .NET Core at home. Just can't find anything better - Node.js is crap, Go is crap, Rust has syntax verbosity I have never seen in new-ish language and is obscure as fuck (so Nim would be a better choice), Python and Ruby are good for scripting, etc. If not C# and .NET, I would either be using Kotlin/Scala or C. Also, IIS at work, nginx at home.

Abandoned/obsolete hobbies:
    Reading. Reading Epictetus and going "meh" while reading Seneca did a lot of good at 16, now I'm 27 and don't budge so easily, plus I've developed enough, don't need another boost. I still listen to audiobooks while driving to work, but haven't touched a book (other than technical IT one) for a couple of years.

Airsoft - was very fun playing Battlefield in real life. Abandoned, because it actually takes a lot of money once you want several guns, uniforms, gadgets and gear are not cheap also. And then there's time constraint.

Mountain biking - was fun. Moved to not so good area for mountain biking so sold off my bike.

Before doing biking and airsoft I was very fit, now I need to get rid of 30-35 kilograms...
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Besides videogames, I must say craft beer and Dungeons & Dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caboomdoom View Post
    Besides videogames, I must say craft beer and Dungeons & Dragons.
    mmmm, Love me some D&D.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The music is just for fun. I'm too old for the music industry, lol. And my day job pays me well enough to where I can afford to just have fun with music.

I have always been intimidated by baking. Baking is a science and cooking is an art. If you make a mistake when baking, the entire thing is ruined. But with cooking, there is much more freedom in how much of an ingredient you add, or how long you cook it (within limitations of course). Fortunately, my g/f is a great baker, so she has that covered. And since she isn't much of a cook, I take care of that. We make a good team = )

As for camping and booze, sure it's safe! Been camping since I was a little child with my parents, same goes for my g/f. We are kinda pro's at it, lol. We mostly do tent camping at camping sites, but I do enjoy heading up the appalachian mountains and do an overnight backpacking trip from time to time.

You looking to get rich and famous in music or are you just happy to make music and make a living, knew a guy who wasn't really well known but traveled a bit and said that was all he wanted, a decent following, and enough to live off of.

Yeah I am ok with baking because I have done some pretty simple stuff and bought a bread maker, so I am not sure I would credit myself with cooking all that much.