Deleted

Make Titanforging Epic and current purples into blues

Since it's confirmed that Titanforging is staying in one shape or another, can we at least make it visually more interesting than it is right now? Personally, the green text is just not interesting/sexy enough.

I would really like the return of old Epics. Right now, Epics are more common than white, green and blue gear which honestly makes no sense and removes any value the world Epic has. Can we just shift everything down a color and remove the name Titanforging and call it epic proc instead.

What do you guys and girls think? Would this return the color patterns to their former glory? Would this make Titanforging slightly less lame?

I've been thinking for a while they should tie colour to source. Green would be quest items and random world drops, blue would be from dungeons, epics from raids or something like that. Could even add a colour that signifies PvP gear.

I agree that there is an extreme amount of bloat when it comes to epics. My enchanter is swarming in Crystals but leylight shards and arkana I actually have to actively try to collect. Personally I would like a cap on titanforge to where it can titanforge to the next tiers ilvl but not higher than the next tier ups ilvl, i.e. a normal piece cant be higher than a mythic piece. But that is just my opinion.

Does the color of gear even matter anymore other than to show what it might disenchant into?

I don't really care about the color of gear, but I agree that it is stupid that it is so much harder to collect blue DEs as opposed to purple.

does anyone even look at the color of items anymore?

Deleted
    Immagine they would add a red quality item...

people would be mindblown from the new item types

/s
    It's just a colour...

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No.
    Blizzard is not going to change an entire system because you are obsessed with the colour of your items.
    It's just sad, get over yourself please.
    There is actually a major mechanical imbalance in the game because of the abundance of epic loot, as every enchanter (before they sooner or later finally grace people with the downgrade recipes) can attest to.

Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    Does the color of gear even matter anymore other than to show what it might disenchant into?
    No it doesnt.
    A Blue item with the same Ilvl has the same Stats as a Purple, or Orange.

Thats why that change would be nice in aesthetic. I would go ahead and even propose that Normal Dungeon Loot should always be Blue, and RaidLoot/Myth+ be Purple. Unrelated of ItemLevel.

While this doesnt handicap players who dont do this content, it gives Raiders and Myth+ people a bit reward.
    (While I´m neither Dedicated Raider nor Myth+ player)

Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    I don't really care about the color of gear, but I agree that it is stupid that it is so much harder to collect blue DEs as opposed to purple.
    This is something one should think about, with the amount of Epics it screws a bit with the Enchanters. Or a Change could Screw with them.

Or people can just learn to look at gear from a stat standpoint rather than the name colour?

Seriously, people being so offended by "many epix!!!" clearly don't understand that there's such a thing as inferior and superior epic gear.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Since it's confirmed that Titanforging is staying in one shape or another, can we at least make it visually more interesting than it is right now? Personally, the green text is just not interesting/sexy enough.

I would really like the return of old Epics. Right now, Epics are more common than white, green and blue gear which honestly makes no sense and removes any value the world Epic has. Can we just shift everything down a color and remove the name Titanforging and call it epic proc instead.

What do you guys and girls think? Would this return the color patterns to their former glory? Would this make Titanforging slightly less lame?
    Epics are pretty rare. Have you seen my armory?

I'd like it if you could only get epic gear from raids again. Make Mythic + gear and dungeon gear blue items that have a chance to proc into being a blue. Could even make it so epic gear has some tertiary stats or something to further seperare things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmm i don't know if it is the right way to go, having Titanforge be epic, because then it would put it under possible better blue gear in the same expansion.

But i do agree, that the current colour scheme is broken. It makes no sense and blue/greens might aswell not exists for 95% of the time. Even new alts get epics nowadays as soon as they hit max lvl.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Or people can just learn to look at gear from a stat standpoint rather than the name colour?

Seriously, people being so offended by "many epix!!!" clearly don't understand that there's such a thing as inferior and superior epic gear.
    I clearly understand that superior and inferior epics exist. What I dont understand is what does "epic" even mean anymore? Just because the color patterns are broken (just like leveling is broken until they implement scaling) doesn't mean looking at Item lvl is a desirable and aestetically pleasing solution.

Traditionally, back in vanilla, the colors would determin the rarity of items, not their power. There are low level epic robes, maces and rings all which are extremely rare. The best way to do this in the modern aetting is to have titanforged items be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    I clearly understand that superior and inferior epics exist. What I dont understand is what does "epic" even mean anymore? Just because the color patterns are broken (just like leveling is broken until they implement scaling) doesn't mean looking at Item lvl is a desirable and aestetically pleasing solution.

Traditionally, back in vanilla, the colors would determin the rarity of items, not their power. There are low level epic robes, maces and rings all which are extremely rare. The best way to do this in the modern aetting is to have titanforged items be epic.
    Or they can just stick with the way itemization has worked since TBC and not pay heed to people still mentally stuck in 2004? Look at quality rather than the name, and the title of items (Raid Finder, Mythic etc) determines rarity as well as quality these days. Far fewer wear full Mythic raid sets than full LFR sets.