Page 42 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    As far as I'm concerned the issue with playable Thalassian elves on the Alliance is resolved.

Next order of business...

Ogres!
    Not in BfA. From what we saw, all allied races are reusing either skeleton and animations, or at very least skeleton. Ogres would require entire new skeleton, model and animations, which would probably take more work than 6 allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Not in BfA. From what we saw, all allied races are reusing either skeleton and animations, or at very least skeleton. Ogres would require entire new skeleton, model and animations, which would probably take more work than 6 allied races.
    Oh I'm aware, but in general as a playable race. Although if Blizz doesn't want to commit to introducing playable ogres in the future, I wouldn't mind Mok'Nathal as an orc allied race.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Oh I'm aware, but in general as a playable race. Although if Blizz doesn't want to commit to introducing playable ogres in the future, I wouldn't mind Mok'Nathal as an orc allied race.
    Ogres failed the Horde ASVAB test.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Ok...I have to ask...what is ASVAB?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Ok...I have to ask...what is ASVAB?
    A test that helps figure out where you would be most successful in the US military.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    A test that helps figure out where you would be most successful in the military.
    Why would Ogres fail that? Yes they are as dumb as a brick wall but they are built like one too. I would not mind seeing them in the Horde. Not OVERLY looking for it but definitely not opposed.

Your idea's were significantly more boring so I'm glad they didn't run with them.

Void Elves actually look pretty interesting.

Why would Ogres fail that? Yes they are as dumb as a brick wall but they are built like one too. I would not mind seeing them in the Horde. Not OVERLY looking for it but definitely not opposed.
    Ogres like Imperator and Cho'gall aren't even dumb though. Lots of Ogre Mages too, they should of been in since Vanilla to be honest.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-11-17 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    its more of a joke than an actual reason.
    Holy shit lol

Liar, ogres have excellent natural predisposition to the navy! Wonder why the Alliance hasn't attempted to rebuild Theramore? Think it's the mana radiation? Nope! It's the Imperial Stonemaul Navy!

10+ Year Old Account
    its more of a joke than an actual reason.
    Yeah but, Ogres totally need to join the Horde now. With Zandalari Trolls, two thirds of the Elves on Azeroth and upright Orcs we are in danger of becoming the beautiful people faction

Balance must be maintained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liar, ogres have excellent natural predisposition to the navy! Wonder why the Alliance hasn't attempted to rebuild Theramore? Think it's the mana radiation? Nope! It's the Imperial Stonemaul Navy!
    They kept eating the pencils meant to take the test.
    Holy shit lol

They kept eating the pencils meant to take the test.
    Only because it was below them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The beauty of this dumb logic is that while 30% of the players main Elves, 70% of them don't. You don't need each and every race to be as popular as elves, you only need players that, whatever their preferred race is, don't give a damn or simply not enough fucks about elves. And since 70 is a bigger number than 30, catering Elf fans exclusively and making them the privileged children of whatever do not really look convenient. Blizzard already develop elves and humans a lot anyway and mostly because of how dumb-easy write them is.

About the rest, I can't honestly give a fuck if you hate any of us. Random stranger writing angry shit on MMO-C ain't going to have a big impact on my existence. No seriously. Some of you elf fanatics need to cool the fuck down.
    I actually stand corrected. It is more like 35% of players. Draenei and Night Elves actually constitute the entirety of the 'old horde', (tauren/trolls/orcs), you can even throw in goblins and worgen too, since everyone just plays worgen for the werewolf fantasy and they just as easily could be elves. You seem to imply that beecause 65% is bigger then 35%, the 35% is stripped of any meaning and pushed out because the 65% have some 'hate' for them?

That is simply untrue. Many players prefer Elves to others. Maybe it's not that way in the Horde, but when one race makes up 40% of your players, I don't think you should be talking much shit. Anyways, this is all down to statistics. This whole pitting one against each other is idiotic, as the whole faction system is. The elves could easily be their own faction, as when they are combined, make up 35% of the playerbase. This could be even more, with players that want to get out of the Alliance-Horde deadlock is immense. No one gives a shit about humans leading the alliance, and no one gives a shit about orcs leading the horde. That is why Sylvanas is the leader of the Horde, because they are catering to players, when it has all gone downhill. I don't want Elves to be intermingled and interchangeable with any other race or faction. They should be their own, ala WCIII. It made the most sense and it was denied. We are seeing the punishments for this, as WoW has less and less players each year.

It's fine if you don't care about statistics or actual facts. But do not denounce me because I want my race and my own identity to shine, instead of being stamped on by players who represent a smaller portion of those that play the game. Elves should be the most powerful forces within the game, make stories around that, make anything around that. Because that is what reality represents. When you go against reality, you get bad numbers. Now the game is so divided and convoluted that it is simply impossible to fix, and merely best to start from scratch, without the circle jerkers who cry about Alliance vs Horde. At this point there should be like Six or Seven factions in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    1st - you seem to be really upset.
    2nd - you appear to have a weak grasp on reality, a staple of elven fans.
    3rd - lol doomsaying
    and most importantly 4th - elves aren't popular because of their lore or history, they are popular because they have only "attractive" model in horde. People like nice things. And blood elves are by far the prettiest race visually, and unlike alliance where you have humans and draenei, they stand in much bigger contrast to other horde races. If females in horde were designed with more...asian mindset, the population numbers would be far more even.

Also, lol doomsaying.

The writing is on the walls. You inhabit a false community, who's bubble has already burst and are now living inside its decayed corpse. Blizzard would never, ever sell Classic WoW if actual WoW was doing any good. Just like they would never remaster Starcraft, if Starcraft II actually had some longevity. Any company that has to remake old games because their newer titles are shitty is in its deaththrows: just look at Sega. Blizzard is saved by Hearthstone and Overwatch, but these franchises will simply be cast off after some time to be put to rest and shoved into the background. Your petty game will still be played, but no one will give a damn as the new installment of warcraft just rewrites all this fantastical nonsense into something at least more meaningful.

To your other laughable point, (KEK I USE ACRONYMS IN AN EFFORT TO DISMISS VALIDITY, KEK) Elves have simply the deepest, and most fascinating lore. That is bar none how it is. I don't care that you ubergeeks prefer orcs 'muh nubble savagrryy', most people do not. They like order, elegance, a pristine experience. Elves provide all of this and more. Elves have always been a staple within the genre and have been mistreated in WoW for asinine and unbearable reasons, the most blatant of which is Geography. Humans fight elves, and orcs fight elves, that is the story of WoW, instead of what they've always wanted, and what people have clamoured for, which is Humans fighting Orcs. Put them in their own continent and have them duke it out over meaningless disputes. I want none of it as it is entirely disinteresting.

Sure, if you made orcs not-orcs, and make them not as they were first created, and transform them entirely... Kind of like the Draenei, you would have bigger population numbers. You'd also have to make it so they don't live in shit-huts, they aren't idiots, and that they aren't evil. Because Orcs are unequivocally evil. They destroy any sense of nature and beauty, they only care for war, they discard their own kind for the values of strength and they dishonour themselves constantly on their own morals. It is surprising anyone likes them at all. Oh less then 8% do. So why is that orcs are the 'face' of the horde, when they have a tiny population, they should be diplomatically neutered, their forces have been routinely exterminated and their high-command has been culled? This game would be better without factions, it was a dumb gimmick that was introduced to reignite some old sense of pride, but it has shaped this game into a deaththspiral, and now that the elves must too be sacrificed to justify it, this game is simply done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelvona View Post

The writing is on the walls. You inhabit a false community, who's bubble has already burst and are now living inside its decayed corpse. Blizzard would never, ever sell Classic WoW if actual WoW was doing any good. Just like they would never remaster Starcraft, if Starcraft II actually had some longevity. Any company that has to remake old games because their newer titles are shitty is in its deaththrows: just look at Sega. Blizzard is saved by Hearthstone and Overwatch, but these franchises will simply be cast off after some time to be put to rest and shoved into the background. Your petty game will still be played, but no one will give a damn as the new installment of warcraft just rewrites all this fantastical nonsense into something at least more meaningful.

To your other laughable point, (KEK I USE ACRONYMS IN AN EFFORT TO DISMISS VALIDITY, KEK) Elves have simply the deepest, and most fascinating lore. That is bar none how it is. I don't care that you ubergeeks prefer orcs 'muh nubble savagrryy', most people do not. They like order, elegance, a pristine experience. Elves provide all of this and more. Elves have always been a staple within the genre and have been mistreated in WoW for asinine and unbearable reasons, the most blatant of which is Geography. Humans fight elves, and orcs fight elves, that is the story of WoW, instead of what they've always wanted, and what people have clamoured for, which is Humans fighting Orcs. Put them in their own continent and have them duke it out over meaningless disputes. I want none of it as it is entirely disinteresting.

Sure, if you made orcs not-orcs, and make them not as they were first created, and transform them entirely... Kind of like the Draenei, you would have bigger population numbers. You'd also have to make it so they don't live in shit-huts, they aren't idiots, and that they aren't evil. Because Orcs are unequivocally evil. They destroy any sense of nature and beauty, they only care for war, they discard their own kind for the values of strength and they dishonour themselves constantly on their own morals. It is surprising anyone likes them at all. Oh less then 8% do. So why is that orcs are the 'face' of the horde, when they have a tiny population, they should be diplomatically neutered, their forces have been routinely exterminated and their high-command has been culled? This game would be better without factions, it was a dumb gimmick that was introduced to reignite some old sense of pride, but it has shaped this game into a deaththspiral, and now that the elves must too be sacrificed to justify it, this game is simply done.
    Whoa whoa whoa. Everytime i think elven fanatics can't surprise me anymore, there is this one guy who will prove me wrong. Like what the hell is this supposed to be ? This mix of delusion and fanon...its both scary and beautiful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This is taking a turn for the decidedly odd. Let's drop the rancor and accusations and return to the original discussion, please.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Maelvona View Post
    This game would be better without factions, it was a dumb gimmick that was introduced to reignite some old sense of pride, but it has shaped this game into a deaththspiral.
    I'll have to agree on that one. Many people have to compromise or split due to the faction barrier. Many of my friends want Horde, while I am Alliance. In the end, either some are unhappy or we don't play together at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I'll have to agree on that one. Many people have to compromise or split due to the faction barrier. Many of my friends want Horde, while I am Alliance. In the end, either some are unhappy or we don't play together at all.
    I have to disagree, the factions really are at the root of the game's fiction. They shouldn't have to break the game just because a small minority have gone sour on the direction the story has gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I've often said that the faction conflict is one of my least favorite aspects of WoW. But there is still truth to the notion that if it didn't exist, that if the various races had their own nations and were individual factions, the resulting game might be better but it would not be Warcraft.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I've often said that the faction conflict is one of my least favorite aspects of WoW. But there is still truth to the notion that if it didn't exist, that if the various races had their own nations and were individual factions, the resulting game might be better but it would not be Warcraft.
    Yet that isn't what the main thrust of this discussion is about either. Abolishing the faction wall is a whole discussion all by itself...and a more honest one. At least then everyone could play what they want with whom they want rather than advantaging one particular race.

This discussion is about a group who have never accepted that this fantasy universe isn't following standard tropes regarding racial line ups, have complained for years about it, and still aren't happy when they get a close enough but not absolutely identical result.

Their goal would ALSO diminish faction diversity, simply because they feel an attachment to the 'lore' of a game over two decades old that was probably written in an afternoon.

What they likely feel is an attachment to a Tolkien trope that was shattered by TBC.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2017-11-18 at 12:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Yet that isn't what the main thrust of this discussion is about either. Abolishing the faction wall is a whole discussion all by itself. This discussion is about a group who have never accepted that this fantasy universe isn't following standard tropes regarding racial line ups, have complained for years about it, and still aren't happy when they get a close enough but not absolutely identical result.

Their goal would ALSO diminish faction diversity, simply because they feel an attachment to the 'lore' of a game over two decades old that was probably written in an afternoon.

What they likely feel is an attachment to a Tolkien trope that was shattered by TBC.
    The lore for the Warcraft universe has, by necessity, been written, re-written, and revised over the course of 23 years. I think you seriously underestimate and undervalue how much thought has probably gone into it because you don't like aspects of it. That the story buckles to the gameplay mechanics if there is a conflict I accept with some despair, but it remains that can't have an ongoing IP for more than two decades and over a dozen games and *not* accumulate several novels worth of story (and this is discounting the dozen or so actual novels that supplement the games).