Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Aren't you overspending in NATO anyway?
    What do you mean by overspending? Do you mean Turkey overspends for military because of NATO requirements? No, not really.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-11-17 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazerdam View Post
    The scandal is listing THE FOUNDER OF ALLY NATION AS AN ENEMY. Do you need me to spell that too or you're evolved enough to understan what you read, normally.

It is true as hell. They "sorried" their asses and said they'll fire the guys responsible but listing the founder father of Nato ally as enemy target is nothing to go easy.
    What do you expect them doing other than kicking those responsible out? Oh wait, probably what the turks would do and execute them, right?

Maybe Erdogan wouldn't be used for target practice if he didn't behave like one of those Latin American dictators from the 70's, eh? Did he ever consider that? P.S democracy doesn't work in backwards states like Turkey. Once you vote a shit president in, you can't vote him out until he dies of natural causes or the military stages a coup. Even then you might be stuck with his descendants for ages to come. Where's my UN-mandated rule like in Trieste?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is so easy to "pull a prank" in international Nato practise when every little think gets exemined into its freaking pieces. Sure thing..
    I suspect it is less reviewed than you give it credit for.

Also Turkey is a shitty NATO member and Erdogran is a triggered tin-pot dictator so I really don't give two fucks what he thinks.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I suspect it is less reviewed than you give it credit for.

Also Turkey is a shitty NATO member and Erdogran is a triggered tin-pot dictator so I really don't give two fucks what he thinks.
    Thank you for taking words out of my mouth.
    Sure, this is wrong and the person who did it is not the smartest tool in the shed. But it is so incredibly annoying to listen to Erdo getting triggered and making threats about everything, while he is on the way to become another Middle-East dictator.

If you're Turkish then, well, sorry, but your leader is an existential threat to the West, as such, he is an "enemy".

Ataturk is a different case entirely, about the only thing he and Erdogan have in common is the geography.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Thank you for taking words out of my mouth.
    Sure, this is wrong and the person who did it is not the smartest tool in the shed. But it is so incredibly annoying to listen to Erdo getting triggered and making threats about everything, while he is on the way to become another Middle-East dictator.
    They put the picture of Ataturk. That's different than Erdogan. Besides, you do not put the picture of the head of a member state in a NATO drill. This is not "everything", this is quite a serious issue. Anyway, knowing how small minded you are, I am not surprised you found this okay as well.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-11-17 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    They put the picture of Ataturk. That's different than Erdogan. Besides, you do not put the picture of the head of a member state in a NATO drill. This is not "everything", this is quite a serious issue. Anyway, knowing how small minded you are, I am not surprised you found this okay as well.
    Well okay, if pushed most Westerners would probably admit (if not to themselves) that they don't really like Turkish people. Certainly they've never really been painted in a good light in the UK. At least in the last 25 or so years.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Well okay, if pushed most Westerners would probably admit (if not to themselves) that they don't really like Turkish people. Certainly they've never really been painted in a good light in the UK. At least in the last 25 or so years.
    This is relevant in what way? Turkey's membership in NATO is based on mutual interest, not catering to average Brit.

Deleted
    No other agencies seems reporting it, or no-one mentions this so here it is. This is not something to be washed off by just firing an officer and apologizing.

https://sputniknews.com/europe/20171...erdogan-enemy/
    good hope turky leaves. them being in nato is one thorn in retaking Constantinople.
    they leave and russia can bring them democracy

- - - Updated - - -

This is relevant in what way? Turkey's membership in NATO is based on mutual interest, not catering to average Brit.
    *was based on Americas interest. Brittan has wanted to see the place burn since gallipoli

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean by overspending? Do you mean Turkey overspends for military because of NATO requirements? No, not really.
    they spend above the set amount NATO mandates (2% gdp) because they know 90% of the NATO country's wouldent help them in a war. there's no positive spin that would let them sell that to there citizens

Sorry for missing the part about Ataturk (that guy must be spinning in his grave faster than engine turbine by now). Not sorry about Erdo, the wannabe sultan can fume all day for all I care.
    People do stupid shit. Get over it. And once more, he was not a NATO soldier. What is Erdogan gonna do, again try to reach into judiciary of another state like he tried with Germany?

And the individual who did this was an individual not the British or Norwegian government. So the chances are said civilian contractor was raised in an environment that thinks that Turks are a bunch of untrustworthy scumbags. Because they aren't painted in a different light very often.

So what,isn't that just the truth?

Yeah, I mean Erdogan basically is an enemy. Turkey isn't, however.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    And the individual who did this was an individual not the British or Norwegian government. So the chances are said civilian contractor was raised in an environment that thinks that Turks are a bunch of untrustworthy scumbags. Because they aren't painted in a different light very often.
    So Europeans need their collars all the time, the moment you let them free, they pull stunt like this.

Anyway, I am not naive enough to think this isn't planned. West is screaming "leave NATO ffs, we can't kick you". I am just not sure why Turkey insist staying in. Turkey should build an parallel air Arsenal, and leave. The navy and land forces can already function without NATO equipment.

- - - Updated - - -

What is Erdogan gonna do, again try to reach into judiciary of another state like he tried with Germany?
    Norwegian soldiers should be kicked out of bases for the starter. I'd advocate completely leaving NATO, however.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-11-17 at 09:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The real scandal was allowing Turkey to join NATO.
    And even so, NATO are nothing but a bunch of bullies.

So Europeans need their collars all the time, the moment you let them free, they pull stunt like this.

Anyway, I am not naive enough to think this isn't planned. West is screaming "leave NATO ffs, we can't kick you". I am just not sure why Turkey insist staying in. Turkey should build an parallel air Arsenal, and leave. The navy and land forces can already function without NATO equipment.

- - - Updated - - -

Norwegian soldiers should be kicked out of bases for the starter. I'd advocate completely leaving NATO, however.
    Overreacting much?
    Also, if you leave NATO, where will you go? Join Russia? Almost funny.
    Ah, remember, Greece would still be in NATO, so any stupid shit on borders would not pass so easily then.
    P.S.
    You can't build arsenal of the same quality, don't dream about impossible things. Maybe after 40 or so years. You don't have resources or experience for that.
    Jet fighters are stupidly expensive and you need more than just that.

Ah, remember, Greece would still be in NATO, so any stupid shit on borders would not pass so easily then.
    To be fair, Turkey's constantly harassing and irritating along the air and maritime borders with Greece, and violating Greek air space, but NATO never does anything about it.

It is being reported elsewhere:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rk-enemy-chart

Erdogan is a piece of garbage, but this kind of thing just helps him create the false impression that Turkey is being attacked rather than himself, to rally support to his cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    The real scandal was allowing Turkey to join NATO.
    And even so, NATO are nothing but a bunch of bullies.
    Yeah, okay Putin.