Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    In Thousand Years of War, Xe'ra tells Turalyon and Alleria that Xenedar is apparently the only remaining ship capable of fighting the Legion directly, so it was their only remaining warship. However, the dimensional ship that comes to the rescue of the Conclave is called Aurobos, so it seems that there is at least one ship that the Army of Light uses for transport needs.
    Also, Xe'ra's words in the audiodrama imply that there was a large battle between the Army and the Legion already - she says that Sargeras believes that he has already defeated the Light. Perhaps the Naaru were overconfident at first and attacked the Legion headfirst and lost most of their armada to Sargeras before having to resort to hit-and-run tactics. That would explain why Xenedar is the only vessel capable of combat.

Let's just be done with this intergalactic time travel space travel crap. They have Starcraft for a reason. WoW was and always should be about dealing with the threats facing Azeroth.

I'd sooner take 100 "This continent appeared out of thin air!" Storylines back on Azeroth than traveling to Argus/K'Aresh/Void Planets or whatever. It's all feeling very Power Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Yeah they could've conceived this idea better. We only saw Lightforged Draenei, while apparently this Army of the Light was to be a coalition of many more races. Even the planets we helped were empty.

You have a very weird perception of the lore. Velen didn't one-shot Kil'jaeden. The fight was as memorable as the Sunwell one.
    It was quite forgettable. Battling Kil'jaeden on a spaceship was the lamest setting you could have ever told me we'd face. You have a very weird perception of the lore. Velen did kind-of explode him.

Weird how we have different opinions, huh? Shocking.

But this was only meant to say how hype for things can alter our perspective. Way to go.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2017-11-17 at 03:40 PM.

Deleted
    I'm guessing it's kind of like Goldshire, in-game it's a tavern, blacksmith and a couple of houses, in the lore though it's a bustling town with more than 10 people living there.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In game has always showed vastly smaller populations than the "lore". Just look at Wrath, The army built by both the Horde and Alliance + the Argents/ebon blade which are meant to be huge armies, only about 30-40 show up in game around us. Or look at any City, in lore they are massive. In game they aren't. Basically imagine everything in game is actual a 1:50 scale.

People really need to stop confusing the in-game visuals with the Lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Let's just be done with this intergalactic time travel space travel crap. They have Starcraft for a reason. WoW was and always should be about dealing with the threats facing Azeroth.
    >That awkward Moment when all the major threats to Azeroth have had some connection to different Worlds/Timelines.

You are literally saying "I don't want the game to be like Warcraft, I want it to be like Warcraft"

Blizzard is very inconsistent with their lore right now. I'm no longer having fun trying to predict things or solving mysteries. Because it looks like they're retconning things after each patch.

Our invasion from Azeroth to the homeworld of the Burning Legion was one ship as well.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    In game has always showed vastly smaller populations than the "lore". Just look at Wrath, The army built by both the Horde and Alliance + the Argents/ebon blade which are meant to be huge armies, only about 30-40 show up in game around us. Or look at any City, in lore they are massive. In game they aren't. Basically imagine everything in game is actual a 1:50 scale.

People really need to stop confusing the in-game visuals with the Lore.

- - - Updated - - -

>That awkward Moment when all the major threats to Azeroth have had some connection to different Worlds/Timelines.

You are literally saying "I don't want the game to be like Warcraft, I want it to be like Warcraft"
    it was dumb noisy writing I guess. What I meant was, I want expansions that remain on Azeroth and deals with more local threats - like Pirates, dragons, Scourge, rampaging murlocs. WotLK, Cataclysm and MoP style expansions please. That's the stuff I like. Legion was good too, not a fan of Argus but I give it the benefit of being fan requested since BC.

Hopefully Legion marks the end of planet hopping for a long, long time.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think we are supposed to use our imagination and that there is way more that we just don't see off in the skybox fighting demons.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    I think we are supposed to use our imagination and that there is way more that we just don't see off in the skybox fighting demons.
    Yeah, when you stand on the vindicaar and look out over the distance, it seems the entire landscape is ablaze with fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Blizzard is very inconsistent with their lore right now. I'm no longer having fun trying to predict things or solving mysteries. Because it looks like they're retconning things after each patch.
    Nothing is being retconned, thats just live lore writing, nothing is supposed to be viewed as the whole, we are the champions with one perspective and as we grow and gain knowledge the view widens. You're viewing the gameplay as an outsider with all the knowledge and thats just not how its meant to be played through.

Sometimes you need to just use your imagination and just accept the games limitations in what it can show ingame.

I bet lorewise the Army of Light numbers in the thousands and the demons in the millions but that can never be shown well ingame.

But i agree that the Army of light is a bunch of worthless zealots!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Legion is victim of technical and other limitations of the time we live in! They're dangerous and cool, okay?!?!
    To be fair, I must have killed a million demons alone by now, not to mention everyone else. That's gameplay helping the story!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It would probably feel better if they didn't name them Army of the Light, more like platoon of the Light or something.

Only excuse I can think of is that this is just portion of the army and the rest is fighting Legion on different planets.
    The fellowship of the Light.

Light's militia and one void.

WoW has NEVER done a very good job at progressing the story or making it match up to the scope of the lore. It's probably been my most consistent complaint about the game, and the Army* of Light has certainly continued that trend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Velens vision regarding the Army left it ambiguous as to who was leading it (male human, Light forged armour, unconfirmed identity) and as to what happens to them (the vision ends with a great terrible shadow covering them). So its possible they may still be called to fight the Void.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

WoW can't scale and Blizzard has some issues with storytelling and it's actual representation in-game.
    Plus the army was supposed to be more than just draenei, yet again - limitations and the choice not to create unique npc's just for Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    So before 7.3 we were getting all those hints about army of light, how they are this super army consisting of survivors from worlds torched by legion, traveling the space, fighting the legion and stuff.

And then 7.3 hits and it turns that "army" of light is one ship worth of draenei, who needed human and elf (of course they did) to lead them. And legion was still incapable of dealing with them for god knows how many thousands of years.

So where did the rest go ? Did they die ? Found new jobs ? Got bored ? Got eaten by draenei because of resource mismanagement ? Is this last we will hear of small military organisation of light ?
    Honestly, this part in the story was seemed like it was actually meant to be such. They are trying to emphasize the power of the light like the did with Allieria and the void, however once again, Vellen being the mighty prophet overestimated having just the light on his side and who the light actually was. When we get to argus, we also learn about a group of now broken Draenei helping in on the fight vs the legion. I mean, its how I looked at it.

On another note though, Argus looks pretty overrun likely meaning that "The Army of Light" hasn't been very successful in their time on Argus.

Argus is lucky Illidan decided that it was time to take to the fight to Argus and that you get there when you do. Vellen hasn't had contact with that planet since he left and crashed into Azeroth. We got a very surprised reaction from Vellen when he got there.

Whats left seems like to be a group of elite fighters.

Vellen did leave his son Rakeesh there and only recognized him when it was too late. The legion got to him. Without Velens complete insight into the subject. Showing even more cracks in velens sight.
    Last edited by Dajeki; 2017-11-17 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Remembered Vellens Son!

An Exodar-ish size ship filled with people worth of army... Just as numerous as the actual Draenei that hit our world with a same-size ship.

I don't know what are you all talking about, they are everywhere in Argus. They will even join the alliance in BfA, that'll count as millions of them.

Oh, and this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I'm guessing it's kind of like Goldshire, in-game it's a tavern, blacksmith and a couple of houses, in the lore though it's a bustling town with more than 10 people living there.
    Last edited by javierdsv; 2017-11-17 at 08:51 PM.