Thread: Class Raid Buff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judex View Post
    That said, encounters are usually tuned around having a 100% movement speed character being able to run out of it just in time, so it's more like a convenient thing to have.
    Mythic Kil'jaeden would like a word with you. 15% raidwide there would be a huge boon because sometimes things are almost second tight - you are not in the right spot right at that moment - gg go fishing in the nether. I can only imagine how it was initially when orbs were much worse than they are nowadays.

Don't think that could be done without movement boosts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Thematically, I would have preferred a party/raid buff to be Blood Pact.
    I am really happy it's not that, I am quite please it's what we got because it's both damn powerful and unlike a buff - it offers additional incentive for the raid to keep warlock safe/rezzed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I am really happy it's not that, I am quite please it's what we got because it's both damn powerful and unlike a buff - it offers additional incentive for the raid to keep warlock safe/rezzed.
    True, it really is one of the most powerful of these unique buffs, all things considered.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Out of all the buffs, most seem to be 1 hr. Warlock has a 1min buff, hope it's baked in.
    It's a debuff, so when you hit something with damage it is cursed for 1 minute.

It's actually easier than the old CoE, which was indeed a maintenance debuff. I'd assume it;s only a minute because every time you do damage you refresh it, whereas some of th eother classes have specific abilities which last an hour.

The warlock one is actually very desireable, damage increasing ones always are.

Kind alike you had a demolock for the 10% Demonic Pact. In fact the new CoE is rathe rlike demonic pact, just not random but also not quite as strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Mythic Kil'jaeden would like a word with you. 15% raidwide there would be a huge boon because sometimes things are almost second tight - you are not in the right spot right at that moment - gg go fishing in the nether. I can only imagine how it was initially when orbs were much worse than they are nowadays.

Don't think that could be done without movement boosts.

- - - Updated - - -

He's right though, raids will still be tuned as doable without a hunter being there. The raid buffs will make things easier, not make the difference between doable and not doable.

I'm sure Blizz will want to avoid going down the road of mandatory classes - we've been there before and it's not great. It's bad enough when you have soak mechanics that only immunity classes can do, which mitigation ones can't.

The warlock one is really very powerful, and very easy to apply, which is why it's only a minute duration. The old CoE was a specific ability that had to be manually refreshed, it was basically a debuff type 'dot'

Liek Gaidax says, it will be a huge incentive to have the raid warlock up at all times!

I'm the only one in our raids lol

/facepalm

It's not a buff, it's a debuff tied to all warlock damage spells. One of the melee classes gets same for physical btw. Of course it can't be 1 hour debuff.
    Momentary lapse in brainpower thanks, it's rogues that have the physical debuff equivalent.

I'm before we apply the curse to ourselves when casting life tap, unending resolve, unending breath, eye of kilrogg, summoning any pet... using a healthstone or soulstone, or even casting Rain of Fire on us... Remember guys, we're warlocks, we won't get anything cool without a trade-off, that then will get nerfed to the ground or removed despite our feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    I'm before we apply the curse to ourselves when casting life tap, unending resolve, unending breath, eye of kilrogg, summoning any pet... using a healthstone or soulstone, or even casting Rain of Fire on us... Remember guys, we're warlocks, we won't get anything cool without a trade-off, that then will get nerfed to the ground or removed despite our feedback.
    They'll leave the self-inflicted CoE at 5%.. and nerf the one we put on enemies to only 3% "To bring it into line with similar debuffs"
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    so if 1 warlocks keeps casting we area good. this isn't like you have to keep recasting it.

even if we did...so what....destro in icc had 12 button rotation we are down to what 7-8 talent depending?
    people need to chill and not panic that you may have to cast another button ...

IF they keep it as passive debuff it would be great. IF they make it separate curse that will work like pvp curses (alongside with agony/havoc/doom) it would be nice. IF they make it like old curses so we should chose between our dps curse and this it would be shit. In any of these cases they may gimp warlock own damage by those 5%, however warlock should stay alive to maintain this debuff, while for example mage buff will persist even when mage is dead so I hope they will add some benefit instead of punishment.

Deleted
    I'm concerned by 2 things.

5% dmg is HUGE, the lock is in vacation ? Your ranged are loosing 5% dmg, could be pretty bad for some dps check :/
    What about M+ ? Some class have good synergy, other are absolutely useless to have together

Still, magic damage bonus is one of the best so Yeepee !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryg View Post
    I'm concerned by 2 things.

5% dmg is HUGE, the lock is in vacation ? Your ranged are loosing 5% dmg, could be pretty bad for some dps check :/
    What about M+ ? Some class have good synergy, other are absolutely useless to have together

Still, magic damage bonus is one of the best so Yeepee !
    I am pretty sure they will reduce it to 3%, won't be surprised to see that.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-11-15 at 06:52 PM.

Deleted
    Maybe, but on the other hand, it only applies to magic damage - for everyone to have 5% you need a Rogue as well - and they only debuff a target they are actively hitting, so in bosses with raid-split tactics the effect is not as strong, whereas the hour long castables are. Also, the demon hunter buff is a flat haste buff that applies to everyone, which is why it's 3%, not 5%. The Mage buff increases everyone's int by 5% which is also very powerful. So if they reduce locks to 3%, they'll nerf everyone.

Raid bosses will be tuned as doable in the absence of said buffs, of course.

Class raid buffs were always a thorny issue, making some classes feel more "mandatory" than others, also opening the way for stuff like getting invite for a less skilled or experienced player simply because they are a buffbot.
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-11-17 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    The Mage buff increases everyone's int by 5% which is also very powerful.
    This one is actually worse for sure, because you have a shitton of damage dealers dealing significant magic damage and not using INT, as a matter of fact there are like 3 classes that use INT to calculate damage, so it's pretty poor buff for raid damage overall.

Of course one could say it helps healers, but that's kinda unrelated.

Deleted
    This one is actually worse for sure, because you have a shitton of damage dealers dealing significant magic damage and not using INT, as a matter of fact there are like 3 classes that use INT to calculate damage, so it's pretty poor buff for raid damage overall.

Of course one could say it helps healers, but that's kinda unrelated.
    3? Mage/Warlock/Shaman/Priest/Druid, with mage/warlock obviously having 3 specs for it. Besides 5% healing done for all healers. Should beat any Agil/ST buff if there is any.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    3? Mage/Warlock/Shaman/Priest/Druid, with mage/warlock obviously having 3 specs for it. Besides 5% healing done for all healers. Should beat any Agil/ST buff if there is any.
    I believe he tried to say there's a plenty of specs that have a shit ton of their damage being magical, yet they don't use INT as a main stat, so mages' buff would be useless to them, unlike warlocks', on top of STR/AGI ones. Namely: Assasination (Nature), Enhancement (Nature/Fire), Unholy (Shadow), Frost (...duh), Retribution (Holy), Havoc (Chaos)
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.