Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Those who deal with cases abroad generally do.
    Great. Then she's a Kremlin lawyer - just like we've been saying. I'm glad we've finally established this. Unless "every lawyer" has that same "long-standing personal connection with Yuri Chaika, Russia’s powerful prosecutor-general" - is that the case? Do all lawyers with cases abroad have that connection?

Next time, you don't have to work so hard to prove yourself wrong, k?
    Last edited by cubby; 2017-11-14 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Great. Then she's a Kremlin lawyer - just like we've been saying.
    Nope. Cases she worked with weren't "Kremlin cases" at all.

I'm glad we've finally established this. Unless "every lawyer" has that same "long-standing personal connection with Yuri Chaika, Russia’s powerful prosecutor-general" - is that the case? Do all lawyers with cases abroad have that connection?
    I see no easy way to to confirm or refute this assumption.

Next time, you don't have to work so hard to prove yourself wrong, k?
    You haven't proven yourself right; the only article given in support of your assumption contradicts it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Nope. Cases she worked with weren't "Kremlin cases" at all.

I see no easy way to to confirm or refute this assumption.

You haven't proven yourself right; the only article given in support of your assumption contradicts it.
    The article you linked said she has a personal, long standing connection with the Prosecutor-General. If that isn't a Kremlin connection, I'm not sure what would be. She connected, and the article you posted (thanks again!) proved it.

I'm quoting your stuff from your article. Not tough to figure out. Now you're hemming and hawing about that's not what it really means, or "everyone does it" - I mean, seriously, just stop. It's laughably embarrassing at this point. Putin would not be proud of your effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    *ahem*

As the emails Trump Jr. willingly released show, Trump Jr. was interested in meeting...

Emin asked that I schedule a meeting with you and The Russian government attorney who is flying over from Moscow for this Thursday.
    ...that person. "The Russian government attorney".

Therefore, Trump Jr. thought he was meeting a Russian government attorney. Discussion over.

P.S. She talked to the Kremlin about the meeting before going. Discussion double over.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    *ahem*

As the emails Trump Jr. willingly released show, Trump Jr. was interested in meeting...

...that person. "The Russian government attorney".

Therefore, Trump Jr. thought he was meeting a Russian government attorney. Discussion over.

P.S. She talked to the Kremlin about the meeting before going. Discussion double over.
    Y'know, I just had a very improbably thought... what if Jr. isn't being stupid, but is trying to cover his ass by working with Mueller? I don't think it's likely, but who knows how strong loyalty is in that family.

We know that Trump is good at repeatedly shooting himself in the foot; well, Jr. doesn't shoot half as often, but when he does, he uses a rocket launcher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    Y'know, I just had a very improbably thought... what if Jr. isn't being stupid, but is trying to cover his ass by working with Mueller?
    I can think of 3.1 billion reasons he'd rather die than do that.

I can think of 3.1 billion reasons he'd rather die than do that.
    Die? How about life in prison? What if Mueller had him by the balls and offered him an opportunity to face lesser charges?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it happened, either, but what good is 3.1 billion if you're in jail for the rest of your life? Obvious counter argument, 3.1 billion is worth going all in for.

Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    Y'know, I just had a very improbably thought... what if Jr. isn't being stupid, but is trying to cover his ass by working with Mueller? I don't think it's likely, but who knows how strong loyalty is in that family.
    It's been widely speculated that the Trump camp has splintered into people who think it's best to stay mum and deny everything and people who favour getting ahead of bad news by posting it themselves - with Kushner and Trump Jr falling in the latter group.

It was apparent during the Trump Tower meeting scandal, when he also released a lot of emails ahead of the press, once it was clear that they were going to be published anyway.

He was allegedly going to be more forthcoming (once it became obvious that their lies were going to get found out one way or another), but Trump dragged out the denials a bit longer after he drafted that letter on Airforce One.

I expect it's the same here - the news was going to report it anyway, his nuts were already in the vice so he posts it himself as a desperate strategy to appear "transparent".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    I give you a lot of credit - you have the patience of a saint. Why you engage with these people is beyond me, it is nothing but an exercise in futility.

But....it is fun, eh? LOL!

BTW - could you please call Vlad and ask him about the devochka he promised me for voting for Trump? Been waiting almost a year now....
    Aw, you're so cute how you think you're always in the right.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account

Does cooperating witness have info on Flynn tie to Turkey?

"Oh, who gives a shit about Turkey, anyhow?"

Um, the Trump campaign official and NSC member who might be involved with dictator Erdogan and, apparently, possible money laundering with Iran?

A gold trader who is close to Turkish President Recep Erdogan is now cooperating with federal prosecutors in a money-laundering case, according to two sources with knowledge of the matter, and legal experts say prosecutors may be seeking information about any ties between the Turkish government and former National Security Advisor Mike Flynn.

Reza Zarrab, a dual Turkish-Iranian national, faces charges in federal court in Manhattan for skirting sanctions on Iran by allegedly moving hundreds of millions of dollars for the Iranian government and Iranian firms via offshore entities and bank accounts.

But Zarrab is now out of jail and speaking to prosecutors — a move President Erdogan had been desperately hoping to avoid.

Erdogan asked former Vice President Joe Biden in 2016 to drop the case and fire U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, whose district was overseeing the case. Biden refused, according to a third source with knowledge of the case.

President Donald Trump fired Bharara in March. Multiple law enforcement officials say there is no indication at this time that the firing is tied to this case.

Erdogan has continued to ask the Trump administration to drop the case, multiple officials say.

Does cooperating witness have info on Flynn tie to Turkey?

"Oh, who gives a shit about Turkey, anyhow?"

Um, the Trump campaign official and NSC member who might be involved with dictator Erdogan and, apparently, possible money laundering with Iran?
    Erdogan asked former Vice President Joe Biden in 2016 to drop the case and fire U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, whose district was overseeing the case. Biden refused, according to a third source with knowledge of the case.

President Donald Trump fired Bharara in March. Multiple law enforcement officials say there is no indication at this time that the firing is tied to this case.

Erdogan has continued to ask the Trump administration to drop the case, multiple officials say.
    Holy. Shit.

I know there is no concrete evidence, but it does make sense as to why he fired Bahara when he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Apparently the Mueller investigation has enough evidence to file charges on Michael Flynn

https://www.axios.com/muellers-russi...source=sidebar

A lot of people thought he would be the first target for the first charges, but apparently he is going to be the 4th after Manafort, Gates, and Papadopoulous.
    Late to this but you forgot the mention the Podestas. If anything the Mueller investigation is displaying the 'show' that we are presented. All of these people work together. Make money off each other. They are all the same sewage. Manafort was funneling Russian money to the Podestas. Both sides are dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Late to this but you forgot the mention the Podestas. If anything the Mueller investigation is displaying the 'show' that we are presented. All of these people work together. Make money off each other. They are all the same sewage. Manafort was funneling Russian money to the Podestas. Both sides are dirty.
    Keep trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, both sides are trying to pass a permanent tax cut on corporations, by increasing spending of the middle class... both sides ran a NYC oligarch... both sides have a head of a party, that’s also CEO of his own corporation. Manafort was Trump’s campaign manager, not Podesta’s. Stick to claiming he is a satanist...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Keep trying.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7278e9d9831f

"In a weird political twist, AP reported Manafort hired two lobbying firms for this job, each with its own ties to presidential candidates past and present.

One of those was the Podesta Group. The founder is Tony Podesta, whose brother, John Podesta, chairs Hillary Clinton's campaign. The other lobbying group has ties to Mitt Romney. Both firms told the AP they didn't think they needed to tell the Justice Department what they were doing."

And look even from your fav paper the WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7278e9d9831f

"In a weird political twist, AP reported Manafort hired two lobbying firms for this job, each with its own ties to presidential candidates past and present.

One of those was the Podesta Group. The founder is Tony Podesta, whose brother, John Podesta, chairs Hillary Clinton's campaign. The other lobbying group has ties to Mitt Romney. Both firms told the AP they didn't think they needed to tell the Justice Department what they were doing."

And look even from your fav paper the WaPo
    And yet, there is nothing coming out about it, let me know when they get there. Meanwhile, Trump and his family are in deep shit.

And yet, there is nothing coming out about it, let me know when they get there. Meanwhile, Trump and his family are in deep shit.
    Nothing as in stepping down from their company because of expected indictments. Again, from WaPo. Dont you read your favorite paper?

"Company A and Company B were paid for their services not by their nominal client, the Centre, but solely through off-shore accounts associated with the Manafort-Gates entities.” Company B is the Podesta group.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.f547521e566b

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's been widely speculated that the Trump camp has splintered into people who think it's best to stay mum and deny everything and people who favour getting ahead of bad news by posting it themselves - with Kushner and Trump Jr falling in the latter group.

It was apparent during the Trump Tower meeting scandal, when he also released a lot of emails ahead of the press, once it was clear that they were going to be published anyway.

He was allegedly going to be more forthcoming (once it became obvious that their lies were going to get found out one way or another), but Trump dragged out the denials a bit longer after he drafted that letter on Airforce One.

I expect it's the same here - the news was going to report it anyway, his nuts were already in the vice so he posts it himself as a desperate strategy to appear "transparent".
    For some reason that reminded me of the ship powered by bad news in Hitchhiker's Guide. It could get anywhere faster than anything else (the idea being bad news always gets there first), but noone would let it dock.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    For some reason that reminded me of the ship powered by bad news in Hitchhiker's Guide. It could get anywhere faster than anything else (the idea being bad news always gets there first), but noone would let it dock.
    Hahaha, I forgot that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Nothing as in stepping down from their company because of expected indictments. Again, from WaPo. Dont you read your favorite paper?

"Company A and Company B were paid for their services not by their nominal client, the Centre, but solely through off-shore accounts associated with the Manafort-Gates entities.” Company B is the Podesta group.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.f547521e566b
    Sure, but if you actually read the article you linked then it's not clear that either of the lobbying firms actually did anything wrong. They say that as far as they knew they were working for an entity in Brussels, and they did file all the relevant paperwork with the government disclosing their work. If you want to show any wrong doing on their part you'd have to prove they knew the Brussel's entity was a fake and that they were doing work for Manafort/Ukraine.

That being said lobbyists are all shady (at best) anyway, so screw them all.