Thread: Attack Torb :/

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    By everyone's accounts that "being countered and not swapping is bannable," then anyone who goes against Winston as Genji is reportable. Any player that dies as Mercy over and over to a diving Winston with no help from their team is reportable. Anyone who picks Junkrat or Reaper when the enemy team has a Pharah is bannable.
    It opens the door for making the reporting system abusable just because someone is having a bad day and thinks they "know more." How is being a 1 trick bannable? How is picking Torb, short of constantly jumping off a ledge or placing turrets outside of your own spawn and emoting next to it, bannable? It's a silly arguement, and the actual issue isn't whether or not it is bannable, it's the system itself that can't even clearly design and set its own rules, where devs and community managers can make their own interpretations based off of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone is saying you are or should be banned for playing Genji just because the enemy team has a Winston. But if you start gaining a reputation with players at an SR where you are seeing them frequently and do it regularly though... Well, you just have to remember these guys are at the top of the ladder playing a much more serious and higher paced brand of Overwatch.

People are making a mountain of a molehill over this Fuey situation. He accumulated a very large number of reports from players complaining about how he only plays Torbjorn and literally does not even try to play a different hero. As the guy seems to have a following as a streamer it obviously took some time to build the reputation he now has as "torb only guy no matter how bad his team is losing" to accrue the number of reports he did to be issued an automated suspension.

I somehow doubt I will suddenly stop seeing Lucios who think they were given increased damage and self healing capabilities to be some kind of hybrid support DPS who don't know when to change their radio station or how to stay near their team to give them healing just because I reported them.

I mean, really. There are so many terrible Lucio players despite his complete lack of depth as a hero. You could be throwing as Lucio and people wouldn't be able to tell if you genuinely don't understand what Lucio's job is or if you're just stupid. Before the mercy nerf whenever you asked them to play Mercy instead, they'd always just say they couldn't play Mercy but could play Zen instead, which honestly makes me laugh because if you knew how to play Zen then you'd know how to play Mercy and Lucio.

So when people say that, it tells me that they think knowing how to play Zenyatta means putting a Harmony orb on Pharah and going afk until half your team is dead and needs super heals or that you pop transcendence every time you hear Genji start screaming about his dragon.

Similarly, knowing how to play Lucio must mean they enjoy the utility of being able to boop players as well having the protection of sound barrier and amp it up at their disposal for personal use to such an extreme degree that they are actually not at all interested in how supports support their team, but just how much less vulnerable Lucio's kit makes them feel if they absolutely must play support.

I hate Lucio players. People like to pick on Hanzo, Widowmaker, Genji & Sombra players etc but I have seen some useless Zen and Lucio players that would have been better off pretending Soldier was a support and picking him instead.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-11-17 at 09:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    You say Jeff Kaplan said role switching is part of the game but that doesn't mean some one MUST switch because someone says so or you will be banned. How hard is it really to understand this? Show me the rule that states the opposite?

"'Trying to win' in the Competitive Overwatch sense, means trying to win at all costs, using all tools available to you"

Oh really is this not a personal rule you just made up show me some evidence this an official statement from blizzard or is this just your take on it?

I simply explained to you how the system works, I didn't advocate in one direction or another. As it happens I do think that if you receive 100 reports from competitive matches you should receive an auto-ban

Just contradicted yourself there mate. You say you dont advocate in one direction or other then they say in the next sentence that you do clearly advocate a ban for 100 reports lolol

Can you provide any evidence to suggest that if I'm playing torb for example we are not winning I'm shooting the enemy if i dont switch i will be banned.

Dont assert your opinion is true provide evidence if you can
    Official statement from Blizzard? It's in the name of the fucking mode, man.

Next point, you clearly have trouble parsing tense and context, so you probably won't understand what I'm about to explain to you, either. The first sentence is referring to my original post, in which I did nothing more than explain to you how the automatic ban system works. In that original post, my explanation of the system to you was neutral and unbiased. The reason I brought it up was because I took issue with the fact that you drew numerous false conclusions that had no foundation in my post to attack me with. To be perfectly clear: While explaining to you how automatic bans work, I did not suggest that any or all of the reports were legitimate. I did not suggest that the volume of reports should trigger an automatic ban, I simply pointed out that it does.

The second sentence was simply elucidating precisely what my opinion on automatic bans is.

So tl;dr:
    First sentence = me correcting you
    Second sentence = my opinion

Stay in school, kids
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    the reason blizzard would not overturn fuey's suspension was because the guy had gotten hundreds and hundreds of reports for playing nothing but torb in tons and tons of games. and really, considering the measure of played games that he'd accrued that large number of reports over and played nothing but torb despite undoubtedly being countered at some point and having his teammates ask him to better accommodate the team to achieve victory, the guy just refused. He wouldn't even try and continued to play Torb.

Is that not the definition of poor teamwork? Or has this generation now decided the meaning of every word in the English language is open to individual interpretation?
    NO NO NO NO NO that's NOT the definition of poor teamwork i have stated many times now what blizzard classes as poor team work and what isn't poor teamwork if you cant understand basic words there is no help for you.

Are we making up our own rules now as to what poor teamwork is? If you dont like the rules stated by blizzard dont play competitive go quick play.

This is the definition of poor teamwork

Poor Teamwork
    This is defined as “not trying to complete map objectives or constantly communicating in a negative fashion”, including calling teammates “horrible”.

“Poor Teamwork” is not choosing a hero that isn’t considered optimal for the team, or not talking in team chat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Again, attempting to litigate the rules is pointless.

This is like a kid playing "gotcha" with his parents' rules.
    So can you answer the question or not i assume by ignoring the question you cant. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tydrane View Post
    Official statement from Blizzard? It's in the name of the fucking mode, man.

Next point, you clearly have trouble parsing tense and context, so you probably won't understand what I'm about to explain to you, either. The first sentence is referring to my original post, in which I did nothing more than explain to you how the automatic ban system works. In that original post, my explanation of the system to you was neutral and unbiased. The reason I brought it up was because I took issue with the fact that you drew numerous false conclusions that had no foundation in my post to attack me with. To be perfectly clear: While explaining to you how automatic bans work, I did not suggest that any or all of the reports were legitimate. I did not suggest that the volume of reports should trigger an automatic ban, I simply pointed out that it does.

The second sentence was simply elucidating precisely what my opinion on automatic bans is.

So tl;dr:
    First sentence = me correcting you
    Second sentence = my opinion

Stay in school, kids
    Well if "you say" that's how the automatic ban system works you must be wrong as i have been reported over 500 times and received no ban or silence on my account how is this possible if its automatic hmm?

THere is no way not changing characters is worthy of a ban.

THat leaves waaaaay too much space for personal judgment and can cause multiple "My rules are right" situations.

While I do agree with those saying it's poor gameplay (perhaps even teamplay), there is no rule saying "You must adapt!"

Unfortunately? Maybe, but it's not as black and white as we'd like it to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    This is like a kid playing "gotcha" with his parents' rules.
    I know, right? He's arguing he shouldn't be grounded because his parents never explicitly told him that he couldn't draw on the walls.

- - - Updated - - -

NO NO NO NO NO that's NOT the definition of poor teamwork
    lol tantrum much

- - - Updated - - -

Well if "you say" that's how the automatic ban system works you must be wrong as i have been reported over 500 times and received no ban or silence on my account how is this possible if its automatic hmm?
    I have no reason to believe that you know for certain you have been reported over 500 times, but even if you had, the period of time over which you accrued those reports is relevant. 500 reports might not be statistically significant, I wouldn't be surprised either way.
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    Also if played the game properly with cons you would know that befor the match you talk to each outher to decide what each of you will play. Usually goes somethibg like.

2-2-2
    Nah take a mercy and go 3 dps to push first point quick
    Will that work?
    Yea but switch to heal if it dosent
    K I'll take mercy
    I'll take junk
    I'll take orissa
    Road hog would be better
    OK k I'll do hog
    Wait blah blah has 80hrs of hog play
    OK he goes hog ill do pharah

Yadda Yadda that's how shit gets picked

Then mid game u get hay bastion they have a genji
    OK I'll switch to macaree for bit

That's how you win overwatch games!

- - - Updated - - -

Your the guy that instantly locks torb. Wants half of prep with people trying to get you to switch the rest of prep being insulted as the remaining 5 players try to think how are we gonna win 5v6 then you Probly turn comes off wondering why so many people are mean to you when you're being a selfish sob

I salute you sir

I know, right? He's arguing he shouldn't be grounded because his parents never explicitly told him that he couldn't draw on the walls.

- - - Updated - - -

lol tantrum much

- - - Updated - - -

I have no reason to believe that you know for certain you have been reported over 500 times, but even if you had, the period of time over which you accrued those reports is relevant. 500 reports might not be statistically significant, I wouldn't be surprised either way.
    Oh really and what period of time is that then? Do you know? or are you just speculating and continually talking out of your ass. You know its ok to say you dont something right you dont work for blizzard so i dont expect you to know their banning system

If poor teamwork is not choosing a character that is "considered optimal" that means i can pick torb or any character for that matter in any situation right? It doesn't matter if its a shit pick does low kills does little damage do you agree ?

10+ Year Old Account
    NO NO NO NO NO that's NOT the definition of poor teamwork i have stated many times now what blizzard classes as poor team work and what isn't poor teamwork if you cant understand basic words there is no help for you.
    Well OK fluffy, when you have to play 100 games against a team with a good pharah and you're not capable of shooting her or playing a hitscan and no one else on your team is playing a hitscan and they won't swap to counter Pharah because they want to play Symmetra, Doomfist and Reaper even though Pharah is kicking your team's ass every game as they rain down constant uninterrupted rocket fire on your team, I'd be interested in seeing the number of matches won and your thoughts about the attitudes of your teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Well OK fluffy, when you have to play 100 games against a team with a good pharah and you're not capable of shooting her or playing a hitscan and no one else on your team is playing a hitscan and they won't swap to counter Pharah because they want to play Symmetra, Doomfist and Reaper even though Pharah is kicking your team's ass every game as they rain down constant uninterrupted rocket fire on your team, I'd be interested in seeing the number of matches won and your thoughts about the attitudes of your teammates.
    Well if I'm playing 100 games against a fara and no one on the team can kill her including me we deserve to lose.

I cant do anything about what my team mates pick so it doesn't bother me in the slightest what they do or dont do. I can only control my own character. I leave the salty crying to all the complainers you seem like one of them

If you dont like what others pick if its gonna get you all emotional and frustrated i suggest you stay out of competitive and maybe try arcade mode
    Last edited by Fluffyfluff; 2017-11-17 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    By everyone's accounts that "being countered and not swapping is bannable," then anyone who goes against Winston as Genji is reportable. Any player that dies as Mercy over and over to a diving Winston with no help from their team is reportable. Anyone who picks Junkrat or Reaper when the enemy team has a Pharah is bannable.
    It opens the door for making the reporting system abusable just because someone is having a bad day and thinks they "know more." How is being a 1 trick bannable? How is picking Torb, short of constantly jumping off a ledge or placing turrets outside of your own spawn and emoting next to it, bannable? It's a silly arguement, and the actual issue isn't whether or not it is bannable, it's the system itself that can't even clearly design and set its own rules, where devs and community managers can make their own interpretations based off of it.
    Because Genji can still get in and out, picking someone off, before the Winston can kill him.

Mercy dying to a Winston because her team isn't helping her is her teams fault, not the choice.

A Torb having nearly half his kit counter is half a character. Genji doesn't suddenly lose his reflect because Winston can still zap him through it. Torb does lose his turret though when it's trying to shoot through a barrier and can be safely picked off repeatedly.

I have nothing against this in comp, but where are these non meta characters supposed to be played? Quickplay is where people go do random shit "becuz it doznt mattur!!". There is nowhere to play non meta heroes.

You can be banned for not team playing?
    Can you be banned, if you dont use voice chat?
    Can you be banned, if you dont follow someones orders? They can report you in rage, if you thought you were doing right, but in their opinion you didnt. Those reports will stack up and if there is "automatic system" in place that will trigger when certain number of reports have stacked up, a player who is trying to do right.

Could game become very dry and repetitive when people can only play pre determined meta heroes? People will be afraid to try new things because they will get banned. Meta wont change unless blizz balance adjusts something and pro players decide to use another meta.

This entire thing is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because Genji can still get in and out, picking someone off, before the Winston can kill him.

Mercy dying to a Winston because her team isn't helping her is her teams fault, not the choice.

A Torb having nearly half his kit counter is half a character. Genji doesn't suddenly lose his reflect because Winston can still zap him through it. Torb does lose his turret though when it's trying to shoot through a barrier and can be safely picked off repeatedly.
    What utter tosh

"Because Genji can still get in and out, picking someone off, before the Winston can kill him."

So can torb he can one shot head shot a mercy or dps character and run away spamming armor on him self if my turret gets killed i drop another one and shoot with gun my turret has aimbot

"Mercy dying to a Winston because her team isn't helping her is her teams fault, not the choice."

Oh right so mercy has no responsibility for own death she can do no wrong. I can pick mercy every time be total shit with her and then blame my team if i die great got it!

What utter tosh

"Because Genji can still get in and out, picking someone off, before the Winston can kill him."

So can torb he can one shot head shot a mercy or dps character and run away spamming armor on him self if my turret gets killed i drop another one and shoot with gun my turret has aimbot

"Mercy dying to a Winston because her team isn't helping her is her teams fault, not the choice."

Oh right so mercy has no responsibility for own death she can do no wrong. I can pick mercy every time be total shit with her and then blame my team if i die great got it!
    Torb has no tools to get in and out with.

This isn't even a counter point.

And yes, Mercy can't do anything to a Winston, are you seriously arguing otherwise

Torb has no tools to get in and out with.

This isn't even a counter point.

And yes, Mercy can't do anything to a Winston, are you seriously arguing otherwise
    yeh he does i just gave you one

mercy can fly to her other team mates and escape
    mercy can run to a health pack and shoot winston in head with her pistol
    mercy can not get jumped by Winston in the 1st place by positioning correctly

The wider point is it doesn't matter who you pick its how you play them imo

yeh he does i just gave you one

mercy can fly to her other team mates and escape
    mercy can run to a health pack and shoot winston in head with her pistol
    mercy can not get jumped by Winston in the 1st place by positioning correctly

The wider point is it doesn't matter who you pick its how you play them imo
    Armor with a limited resource is not a mobility option.

Armor with a limited resource is not a mobility option.
    Well it is, the armor is essentially a self heal genji doesn't have that but i guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that one, coming from a torb main with over 100 hours this season on him i know how get out of dodge if i have to

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh really and what period of time is that then? Do you know? or are you just speculating and continually talking out of your ass. You know its ok to say you dont something right you dont work for blizzard so i dont expect you to know their banning system

If poor teamwork is not choosing a character that is "considered optimal" that means i can pick torb or any character for that matter in any situation right? It doesn't matter if its a shit pick does low kills does little damage do you agree ?
    We know that the volume of reports and the time period they are accrued in is relevant, because when the system was introduced there were people who deliberately sought to trigger it. You can look it up yourself if you want, but the information is out there.

Yes, you can pick Torb in any situation. You are allowed to try it to see if it works, but when it becomes clear that Torb isn't working, change or be banned.

We know that the volume of reports and the time period they are accrued in is relevant, because when the system was introduced there were people who deliberately sought to trigger it. You can look it up yourself if you want, but the information is out there.

Yes, you can pick Torb in any situation. You are allowed to try it to see if it works, but when it becomes clear that Torb isn't working, change or be banned.
    I'm "allowed" to try see if it works oh really thank you for allowing me dear leader /s Who allows me to exactly? Who has the authority to ask me to change? You cant be banned for not changing if someone tells to you to that's absurd and not how the rules work unfortunately for you. Keep living in your dream world tho where you think you can make up your own rules sadly the facts dont care about your feelings.

Ive had hundreds of reports this season and still no warning or ban i guess the automatic ban system is broken hmm thinking...