Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    The ability to recruit allied races is within BfA content alone.

- - - Updated - - -

I know. I was asking why would they allow this. Of course you have to play a Horde toon to get the Horde ones and an Alliance toon for the Alliance ones.
    well, except for Nightborne, it's based off of rep in Suramar, so it doesn't matter which faction you decide to use, as long as your Suramar (Nightfallen) rep is exalted. i would assume that the same would go for a few other races. If i recall reading correctly, Highmountain Tauren would be unlocked with exalted HM rep. Argussian Reach for Void Elves. as for the others, not quite sure. but given it is this early into everything, not 100% on the sources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silentdarkn3ss View Post
    well, except for Nightborne, it's based off of rep in Suramar, so it doesn't matter which faction you decide to use, as long as your Suramar (Nightfallen) rep is exalted. i would assume that the same would go for a few other races. If i recall reading correctly, Highmountain Tauren would be unlocked with exalted HM rep. Argussian Reach for Void Elves. as for the others, not quite sure. but given it is this early into everything, not 100% on the sources.
    It is not based on rep in Suramar. Horde will get a quest to unlock the Nightborne as an allied race - either in 7.3.5 or in BFA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Seems kinda funny that these sub races are a main feature of the xpac. They literally bring nothing to the game other than a cosmetic change and you have to have max characters of each faction in order to unlock them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Seems kinda funny that these sub races are a main feature of the xpac. They literally bring nothing to the game other than a cosmetic change and you have to have max characters of each faction in order to unlock them.
    Yes. They seem to be sneaking in a quiet expansion. I hope they list it at 39.99 and not 59.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    What could be better then cosmetics, garrisons gone orderhalls gone scenarios gone. How is any throw away feature better then always having more cosmetic options.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    It is not based on rep in Suramar. Horde will get a quest to unlock the Nightborne as an allied race - either in 7.3.5 or in BFA.
    Ion said that unlocking Nightborne will require exalted with them in the last q&a.

What reputation standing will players need to unlock allied races?

It's going to vary depending on the allied races. For Nightfallen, it'll likely be exalted, but they've removed all the reputation gates and allows you to complete the Nightfallen story in one swoop giving you exalted without waiting.

So yeah, better start working on those Highmountain, Nightfallen and the Army of the Light reps.
    Last edited by madokbro; 2017-11-17 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Could not find any information about this but do I need an horde character to unlock Nightborne, Zandalari and so on? Or is that determined per race?
    from what i understood first step is to be exalted with the allied race npc and that unlock an additional questline that lead to recruitment, so you won't be able to unlock them with a character that isn't exalted and rep, this through is only for the race that come from legion the future one requirement are yet to be decided.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Guys, how would I be supposed to unlock void elves?
    Can I do that through a horde character?
    Does it require a storyline quest chain only or some reputation aswell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Yes. They seem to be sneaking in a quiet expansion. I hope they list it at 39.99 and not 59.99.
    It'll probably be 49.99 like the last 2 expansions

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I am so not looking forward to doing all that Suramar shit again. I've got plenty of Horde characters i just never bothered with the Nightborne crap with any of them because I already did it a few times on my Alliance characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ex0LL View Post
    Guys, how would I be supposed to unlock void elves?
    Can I do that through a horde character?
    Does it require a storyline quest chain only or some reputation aswell?
    They're an alliance race, so you'll probably need an alliance character to do the questline and be exalted with the right faction (if they have a faction associated with them)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    They're an alliance race, so you'll probably need an alliance character to do the questline and be exalted with the right faction (if they have a faction associated with them)
    Is there any official source about it or are they all speculations?

From what I have gathered from what Blizzard has said so far: yes, some of the factions will require a rep cap first. Nightborne and Highmountain have already been addressed as two of the Allied Races that will require exalted. However, after that you will need to do a series of quests for that Allied Race to recruit them into your faction (Horde and Alliance). Thus, no, you wouldn't be able to unlock Horde Allied Races with an Alliance toon or Alliance ones on a Horde toon. You'd need to have the rep on a toon of the appropriate faction and then do the quest line on that same toon to unlock them for that faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Could not find any information about this but do I need an horde character to unlock Nightborne, Zandalari and so on? Or is that determined per race?
    Would make more sense that you need to play the faction that is unlocking them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    So, uhm.. if I main horde in this xpac but I'll want to roll a void elf, I'll need to start over an alliance race and cap the reputations with him aswell?

Probably. Hard to tell at this point, though. Doesn't help that we have no clue what the requirements for VE are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    They're the odd ones out at least, since there's no obvious faction they could be associated with. Maybe you need Argussian Reach(all Mac'aree quests give AR rep, and that's were Alleria's quests are).

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They're the odd ones out at least, since there's no obvious faction they could be associated with. Maybe you need Argussian Reach(all Mac'aree quests give AR rep, and that's were Alleria's quests are).
    I always found weird there were two reps related to the "Light" but I think you are right, and it kind of makes sense... Many Mac'aree quests are void related, so probably that's the starting point.

Well but If I have everything exalted on my horde character, isn't it enough to just have another aliance character on 110 that could just do the quest line to recruit them... and then to just do the quest without grinding the same rep again ? I wanted to play as a void elf but I have reputation on my horde character, it's ridiculous that I should do the same reputation grind again on Aliance character... I believe those AP to be able to recruit them are fos account wide anyways.
    Last edited by Derollo3; 2018-01-31 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derollo3 View Post
    Well but If I have everything exalted on my horde character, isn't it enough to just have another aliance character on 110 that could just do the quest line to recruit them... and then to just do the quest without grinding the same rep again ? I wanted to play as a void elf but I have reputation on my horde character, it's ridiculous that I should do the same reputation grind again on Aliance character... I believe those AP to be able to recruit them are fos account wide anyways.
    At the beginning of the QA yesterday they said you can do the questline and rep gain on one faction and as long as you have a 110 character of the other faction you'd be able to unlock the allied race. The specific example they gave was if you do the Insurrection storyline and have exalted rep with Nightborne as an alliance player then the only other thing you'd need is a lvl 110 Horde character so you can do the unlock quest.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2018-01-31 at 05:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really bother much with Legion. Therefore I don't have any noteworthy reputation with any of the Legion factions.

Does the above mean that I cannot play any of the sub-races should I decide to pre-order?