View Poll Results: How do you rate Argus after 10 weeks, fair content?

Voters
653. This poll is closed
  • 1-2

96 14.70%
  • 3-4

112 17.15%
  • 5-6

180 27.57%
  • 7-8

218 33.38%
  • 9-10

47 7.20%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I like it. It's somewhat claustrophobic, but once you learn your way around, you can get from place to place reasonably well. The Veiled Argunite grind is not as bad as some grinds I've done(I'm looking at you, Star Trek Online), and the story was pretty good.

Drop rate of transmog weapons in invasions could do better, but Blizzard love their 1% drop rates...

Deleted
    It's all right, but it would have been so much better if the zones were better designed and more aesthetically pleasing. Mac'aree is fine tho.

bad aesthetics (even Mc'Aree is not that great)
    overrewarding
    just kill rares for WQ
    invasion points are just kill a bunch of mobs

There's nothing unique, no unique events or mechanics (No, that airship does not count). The gameplay is incredibly shallow, more so than any other endgame patch we had before.

It's amazing that this is supposed to last us at least another year, especially considering we got it on top of the incredibly lackluster 7.2. We haven't had good outdoor content since 7.1 (insurrection).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's starting to feel old for me now, but I don't think it was bad content while I was in the thick of it. I'm feeling a strong 6 to light 7.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    What grind is there on Argus? There's the veiled argunite for a few weeks until you have a full set I suppose, assuming you don't raid/M+?
    It's not "The Argus Grind". The so called content there, so the rare farming, the intact demon eyes and the WQs. They get a 3 from me. The argunite lottery will lose all incentive once the raid comes out, hoping for 5x-7x titanforges is not really feasible you are right about that. The overall incentive to spend time there is just not existent for me.

Argus is shit
    @work, I'll edit when I get home
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I would give it now a 3

I have stopped doing invasions and i cba to traverse the horrible terrain just to do the WQs now that ive hit Exalted.

I dont even bother to do it with my alts so i think it has been pretty disappointing IMO

Mod plz delete unsure why it posted again
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10 weeks, 10 boss kills, 10 bonus coins, my main gets no drops and one piece only of bonus loot and that nothing I could use (lower ilvel relic than what I already had).

I'm currently in the "fuck invasions" camp as a result, but at least some of my alts got loot or legendaries.

Story means it was better than the Timeless Isle from the get go, but it's also better from a gameplay perspective. The new-ish rare system is MUCH better for collecting, and you don't need a group to get through half the content. Plus more quests and rewards.

All these things flying around....and all my mounts forget how to fly....

I like the ambience and views in Mac'Aree. Would visit again.

But what's really bothering me is this...who's the topiarist? It makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Argus is shithole. Clogged with mobs, Antoran Wastes is easily the worst zone in the entirety of the game. Wade through mobs just to travel 500 yards, you have to go up and down 4 levels, go 1000 yards out of the way to avoid the canyons. Most zones, you can stick to the roads and avoid most mob contact, NOPE! Not in Antoran Wastes.

I am, by nature not a particularly violent person, but I wouldn't mind slapping the person who thought this was a fun design.
    I'm having troubling imagine how fun a zone would be if it was flat and had no mobs.

Worse than Timeless/Tanaan

Deleted
    Did it once when it launched, haven’t been back. The worst filler island they’ve ever made. 1/10

10+ Year Old Account
    2. Let me put it this way... I let the sub run out because it was so boring.

I'm enjoying it. Now, it does make me very glad for my characters with stealth, but I'm a born sightseer anyway. The story's interesting - better when you can get several weeks' worth at once, and I can see the sense in my friends who play a week or two, then take a week or two off to let things accumulate. In general, I'm one of those "I want my flying and I want it now" types, but the reason for not flying in Argus makes sense and I find all three zones interesting to maneuver around in. And my active characters are progressing at a reasonable, satisfying pace.

8-9/10

I like the concept of invasion points, but I just don't think they're done very well. A few major gripes:

1) Most of the time I feel like I'm alone in there, it's just me and two or three other people. That makes me especially unlikely to participate in them on my DPS alts who will likely die if they have to face-tank the mobs. It should really function like LFR; you click the portal, it finds an instance that needs a body and doesn't spin up another until it is reasonably full. At the very least, make it easier to queue up for in LFG with an icon like killing the named mobs. Same with the greater invasion points.

2) Sanguinar not having enough mobs to complete the bar irks the crap out of me. There is no reason I should have to wait for respawns in an invasion point.

3) Similarly, the invasion point with the 7 or 8 bubbles that need to be clicked in P2 is just goofy how far you have to run back for them. I haven't yet had a situation where I couldn't get back in time but there have been several where it was close, which makes me want to actively not do the mechanic and afk until somebody else does. Really shitty design. This problem is exacerbated by what I assume is a scaling bug whereby if you punch the guy in the mouth the second he becomes attackable, that percentage of his health that you cracked him in the teeth for remains missing after the scaling. (The timing can be tricky and I've only succeeded in doing it with non-targetted AEs like Thrash, but give it a go next time.) I've actually seen it happen where an end boss was at 25% health the second he was attackable. In fact it happened just today, and he was dead in five seconds total. Luckily it was a different Invasion where there was no risk of anybody not getting their hit in.

4) The people suck. Yeah, I said it. So tired of the fact that nobody kills the random casters whapping a tank for 750k per shadow bolt all day, or can't avoid a pat that doesn't need to be pulled. Nothing Blizz can do about this one, but it definitely makes me not want to enter them. This also strikes me as a scaling issue to some extent; regular trash mobs hitting me harder than the mobs we're actually supposed to be killing and way harder than the end boss doesn't seem like it is designed well.

5) Whoever designed the end boss with the boulders that fixate should be taken out back and shot. Twice if they're also the one who decided to let it target the tank. I really enjoyed running in circles for eight minutes while the two other people in the invasion died constantly and I had to kite four boulders the entire fight. Compelling gameplay. Same thing with the one that makes you crap out purple puddles. It's probably intended to be a tank swap, but lulz like that actually happens in LFR-style content. Half the time there isn't another tank to begin with, so round and round in circles I go. I bet the melee love me.

Honestly, fixing #1 is the most important thing and it really shouldn't be hard to do. If the Invasions were more populated without going out of your way, a lot of the other issues become smaller. Conceptually I like them as a quick form of group content with a decent reward for the time investment, they're just poorly done overall.

As far as the rest of the content... meh. I do think they went out of their way to make these zones annoying in terms of the mob density; I'm sure they'll claim that's to make the Legion threat feel dangerous, but all it does is make me want to get the fuck out of there as quickly as possible. The zones are intentionally frustrating to navigate. World Quests are fine, but there's not enough variety. While we're taking people out back and shooting them, let's include the person who decided to make a river of lava cutting a zone in half that you have to play hopscotch on. The mob scaling is frankly out of control; there's no reason for a regular trash mob just hanging around by a world quest to have 24.4 million health or hit for a million damage per cast. Especially not when there are a dozen of them in a line between the entrance and the guy you're there to kill.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Argus has mostly been meh. Macaree was probably the highlight and least annoying to traverse. Other two zones were just too fussy, convoluted and trying to funnel you into places like pretty much the whole rest of this xpac. It's just all getting a little old and tired.

I miss the old school level design, where you actually feel like you're in a massive zone, not just a compartmentalised single player feeling game world where anything to far in the distance has been obstructed. Bliz needs to stop this island making insanity and start making continents again. Even if that means constructing 1/10th of that continent, putting up some magical impassable wall and continuing said continent in future patches/expansion packs.

Also, for a casual who doesn't want to instance/raid, the whole arangunite grind and ridiculous bad luck getting gear above 910 in some slots has been far too slow and not worth the time investment.

As of right now, Argus will mark my second break from WoW since nilla after a small break later half of cata. The whole xpac, particularly this patch has only been bearable for as long as I didn't have to hustle too much to maintain gold income on par with the token price, but the idea now of digging into my gold reserves for a 180k+ token price?... It's time to stop.

For me the game just hasn't justified REAL money since they turned their backs on any new mass bg/pvp content.

Anyway, will definitely come back for classic to play AV how it was supposed to be played, possibly next xpac too if there's some actual good large scale pvp content, but seriously not holding my breath.