Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    No, you had a melee dps who could heal (in effect).
    I mean literally a melee healer (the original fantasy healer) that attacks the tank to heal the tank etc. The melee healer has no concept of mana.
    This will never be a thing. Mana is the thing by which all healers are balanced.

No, what we haven't had is a PET healer.

Tinker already exists - we call it an engineer.

The two classes that have not yet appeared yet are:

* Melee Healer
    * Ranged Tank
    They have tried melee healer with monks then pallies at the start of Legion. Ranged tanks are a failed effort in every game that has them. If you some how work the mobs so they don't just run to the ranged tank then you end up with a nightmare scenario when you need to potions mobs/bosses.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Melee healer was a monk wasnt it?
    No - they cast spells at range like any healer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    This will never be a thing. Mana is the thing by which all healers are balanced.
    NO - healing output is the way they are balanced.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin = ranged healer or melee dps.
    as they are currently absolutely... Back in Cataclysm you had judgement of light still, along with the first incarnation of holy radiance. Granted it was an instant cast on self ability but you essentially had to use it in a melee clump for max effect.

Admittedly you couldn't just sit there and judge + radiance but we certainly had stuff that at least somewhat benefitted from being in melee range to do a bit of aoe healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    And thats the tinker. The mechanical theme is something we dont have in a class yet, and tinkers could be worked to be tank, healer, and ranged/melee DPS to whatever the dev team wants.

The only argument against it is engineer as a professional
    Oh, I am to agree with you. Well, a few others but yeah. Could be an easily set three specc mail class, tank, heal, ranged/melee DPS
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah - the original fantasy healer took wounds, illnesses and the like off the injured and took them upon themselves. They then used their own abilities to 'cure' the wounds.

So - the idea in WoW would be someone who could attack friendlies the same way a rogue can attack enemies (including AoE) - then various abilities to 'steal' wounds, diseases, poisons etc (but not curses or magic).

They would have health similar to a tank, and probably have dex as a primary stat. They would then need to time when they are taking and when they are healing.

Would be interesting game play IMO.
    That's not "the original fantasy healer", that's just an empathic healer.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    as they are currently absolutely... .
    There has never been a melee healer in WoW. There have been melee that heal, but nothing that heals with melee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    That's not "the original fantasy healer", that's just an empathic healer.
    Yeah - the original fantasy healer before mana and spell casting and stuff came in to play.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    Necromancer...Death Knight
    Puppeteer....Puppeteer
    Bezerker/Mauler...Warrior
    Bard/Herald.
    Mesmer/Trickster....would be a Bard
    Lithe/Siren...totally blanking on this class, but a siten is probably a Bard
    Land/plant Shaper....Druid
    And lots more...most of which would be different flavours of existing classes
    Druid have nothing to do with plant shaper. The only thing they share is using nature.

Necromancer and DK aren't the same thing either.

How in the world is a mesmer/trickster a bard ? like what ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Alchemist: attack/heal by using potions These exist in game as the royal apothecary society so the name in wow would be apothecary.
    Psionicist: mind power
    Conjurer: conjures weapons, armor
    Wild magic user: has base skills and spells but they have a much wider random chance to them
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-11-18 at 10:39 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    And thats the tinker. The mechanical theme is something we dont have in a class yet, and tinkers could be worked to be tank, healer, and ranged/melee DPS to whatever the dev team wants.

The only argument against it is engineer as a professional
    I seriously thought we'd have a respite from these fucking tinker threads now that they announced yet another expansion with no tinkers.
    What is it with you people? This seems scarily similar to furry fetish.

Blood Mages already exist within the game as NPCs. Tinkers are clearly not the only option.

I think Tinker is the most obvious and easiest to flesh out of all possible class ideas. The theme is so distinctive that Blizzard will have really easy time making the class. Tinker may end up like Monk which is very unique and distinctive thematically but does not enjoy the popularity of DK and DH because the theme can be too "whimsical" for some people. I don't know why but people really enjoy edgy stuff.

I imagine DH was a pain for them to make and they managed to squeeze only 2 specs out of it but the concept was too popular too pass up with an xpac about the legion.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-11-18 at 10:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah - the original fantasy healer before mana and spell casting and stuff came in to play.
    No more original than shamanistic or druidic healing, or simple herbalistic knowledge. What are you citing your source for "the original fantasy healer"?

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    What are you citing your source for "the original fantasy healer"?
    1. The 'original' fantasy game (>40 years go) ... where healing etc was all touch attacks against the wounded.
    2. The original faith healing (1550 BC) ... the laying on of hands to heal human illness and injury
    3. The name of the action so commonly used "Lay on Hands" even in WoW.

Pretty much everything you research is all about touch and paying a price for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    I'm still in favor of them releasing a Dragonsworn hero class.

Ranged/Healer/Tank hybrid. Lots of leeway with stance-dancing to different Dragon aspects, shapeshifting into Dragonspawn or Drakonids, summoning Drakes and Whelp swarms, healing via leeching poisons/time reversal, cauterizing/dragon scales for tanking, inducing Dream states in emergencies... endless possibilities, really. I don't think we've seen a pet-based healer yet, and stance-dancing was removed from warriors...
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

And thats the tinkerl
    I made it 4 words in before I stopped to tell you that I only made it 4 words it... nobody wants tinker. Hopefully it never happens. But I know... there will be 8935908349053 more of these threads every year.

Deleted
    And thats the tinker. The mechanical theme is something we dont have in a class yet
    And that is a criterium how? We have several classes with similar themes. Warlocks and Demon Hunters. Priests and Paladins. All classes share some common theme. Mages and Warlocks both use fire spells. Rogues and and cat Druids both go in stealth. Shadow Priests and Warlocks both use shadow spells.

I'd love a Tinker, but there's certainly way more they can and will do. People have made this argument prior to the Demon Hunter announcement and argue for the Tinker and against the Demon Hunter. Problem is, it really doesn't matter to Blizzard. Classes will get picked on other criteria, like whether it fits with the theme of the expansion.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I think Tinker is the most obvious and easiest to flesh out of all possible class ideas. The theme is so distinctive that Blizzard will have really easy time making the class. Tinker may end up like Monk which is very unique and distinctive thematically but does not enjoy the popularity of DK and DH because the theme can be too "whimsical" for some people. I don't know why but people really enjoy edgy stuff.

I imagine DH was a pain for them to make and they managed to squeeze only 2 specs out of it but the concept was too popular too pass up with an xpac about the legion.
    yeah my thought exactly, tinker is probably the easiest to make and flush out since TBC, and DH got into the picture due to the amount popularity. oh i cannot imagine the amount of backlash and babyrages that would have had happened if they werent playable in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if at some point down the line we saw tinkers. How long were we all saying demon hunters and classic would never happen, and now they have. Pretty much anything can happen now. Whatever they think will make em a buck is what they'll give.
    Pretty much this. Given TBC's story everyone was convinced that we'll never see Demon Hunters as a playable class. Yet here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. The 'original' fantasy game (>40 years go) ... where healing etc was all touch attacks against the wounded.
    2. The original faith healing (1550 BC) ... the laying on of hands to heal human illness and injury
    3. The name of the action so commonly used "Lay on Hands" even in WoW.

Pretty much everything you research is all about touch and paying a price for it.
    None of which predate shamanistic or totemic healing traditions, which are not empathic in nature and heavily center around healing. Even the laying on of hands has nothing to do explicitly with empathic healing, it also refers to channeling higher powers through your hands to heal someone.

I'm assuming you're just referencing the clunky mechanics of 1st Ed. D&D, and I would point out that you can opt to not make saving rolls against attacks, which means the cleric is only nominally "attacking" because of the parlance of the early game mechanics.

Empathic healing is a cool niche, but it's not some grandfather kind of of healing.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-11-18 at 10:45 AM.