View Poll Results: What future races are you most excited for?

Voters
308. This poll is closed
  • Tauren: Yaungol, Taunka, Grimtotem et al

15 4.87%
  • Undead: Val'kyr, Vampires, Ghoul, Plagued human et al

46 14.94%
  • Orc: Maghar, Shattered Hand, Bonechewer (Fel), Blackrock et al

47 15.26%
  • Troll: Gurubashi, Amani, Drakkari, Farraki, Ice troll

21 6.82%
  • Blood elf: High elves, San'layn (darkfallen)

34 11.04%
  • Goblin: Gilgoblin, Hobgoblin, Undermine

3 0.97%
  • Human: Vrykul, Kul'tiran, Earthen, Barbarian

46 14.94%
  • Dwarf: Frost dwarf, Wildhammer, Earthen et al

20 6.49%
  • Gnome: Leper-gnome, mech-gnome

7 2.27%
  • Draenei: Broken/Void broken

11 3.57%
  • Worgen: Silverpine / Feral Worgen

8 2.60%
  • Night-elf: Children of Cenarius

23 7.47%
  • Pandaria: Hozen, Jinyu, Grummle, Saurok, Mogu

27 8.77%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to see all the different clans of Orcs but unfortunately I don't think they'll do it.

Zandalari and Mag'har are on top of my wishlist so one I already got.

Also eventually I would like to see ogres and Mok'nathal on the Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Zandalari and Mag'har are on top of my wishlist so one I already got.

Also eventually I would like to see ogres and Mok'nathal on the Horde.
    If I was able to edit, I would add monstrous races like ogres, etc

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they would fit as an allied race, imo. they're mostly just scattered through the horde now, horde is their only real identity.

i'd like to see the vulpera. but i'd also like to see the sethrak.

look at that shit. i'm not 100%, but that looks like an entirely new model.
    It's actually a very heavily modified male panda skeleton . Same attack stance, same cast animations. There's a few entirely new animations though. Definitely looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I feel like they'd be a new race. All the "allied" races use old skeletons for existing races, or are legitimately just sub-races (Dark Iron, Lightforged, Void Elves, Highmountain).
    Ogres would have to bring a completely new character model(s).
    I think you forgot that in WoD there's a whole raid filled with Orges. They already did new models for caster orges, warrior orcs and then some. Highmaul comes to mind pretty fast. And the caster Orges reused the Moonkin animations like they did originally, considering Moonkin was slightly edited themselves it's kinda a symbiote relationship, if Moonkin is updated so will be Orge animations and they already enhanced the original Vanilla models.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Thats a female Draenei skeleton isn't it? the stance reminds me of it atleast.

or is it the old warlock/Iillidan's skeleton animations, feet placement wise atleast.

OT I still want Arrakoa

edit: People and their fucking elf fetishes.
    They probably borrowed elements like the feet placement or at least, from making Draenei they designed it to be similar. Wouldn't say that's much of a stretch since they did just do Lightforged Draenei. But the Head and it's arm movements are new that's for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Someone is VERY much assuming today.
    They have said multiple times, that there will be more subraces added. Not sure if it's "very" assuming to go along with what Blizzard have said and already added in Allied races for next expansion. I could understand if this was way before BfA was announced... But it has and that's why the topic of Allied races is being discussed.

7+ Year Old Account
    did you just put hobgoblin but not considered ogres? wtf, i will not vote for this

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    It's actually a very heavily modified male panda skeleton . Same attack stance, same cast animations. There's a few entirely new animations though. Definitely looks cool.
    Give it fur, a wolf's head and slap some boobs on it and I think we might have a little insight on the new female worgen model. I only say female cause of the walking animation. Oh and remove the tail.
    "Love all, trust a few,do wrong to none."

they would fit as an allied race, imo. they're mostly just scattered through the horde now, horde is their only real identity.

Would also like the Vulpera, but also this guys! Imagen all the silly He-Men and Master of the Universe name references they gonna do with this:
    King Hiss, Rattlor, Tung Lashor, Kobra Khan, Sssqueeze, Copperhead, Scaletail, Serpentina.

I am not sure, but I do think it's a whole new model, I tried to compare to Arakkoa and Pandaren in modelviewer but it doesn't seems it's the same.
    The walk animation/posture COULD be borrowed from Arrakkoa however, but everything else seems new.

Yep. The moment I saw the new Sethrak model in the announcement cinematic I knew I wanted to play one of these guys. I soooo hope they make them an Alliance Allied Race. I mean, enemy of my enemy is my friend right? Jesus, just come up with some excuse and give us these sssssnake guys already.

And about the poll... in spite of all the choices, I see nothing I can vote for. I mean, I welcome any increase in customization and options and so on, but nothing that I personally want badly (like the snakes guys for example).

Other races that I like and want to have playable: Ethereal, Arrakoa, Drakonoid, Sethrak, Vulpera

I don't mind if Blizzard heavily restricts the classes these races can be or the armor/mounts they can use.

I would also love an upright-standing lion humanoid race. Something like this:
    https://epicfantasywriter.files.word...ni-world-5.jpg
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/b1c3/f...ri-d96tlco.jpg
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1275/f...ac-d78bqco.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    did you just put hobgoblin but not considered ogres? wtf, i will not vote for this
    I would like to add a 'monstrous races' option that includes ogres, arakkoa etc, but I'm afraid it is impossible to add options after the fact

Seeing those Sethrak animations makes me want one more than anything

Vulpera would be an acceptable second, though

From the races that make sense as allied race, I wanted the most a Wildhammer Dwarf. Disappointed that Dark Iron goes first, but still hoping Wildhammer will be added at some point. Second most wanted race would be Vrykul, but not sure if it qualifies as "allied race", they aren't exactly "a type of human" rather their predecessor, like Trolls are predecessors of Elves in Warcraft lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Sometimes I wonder what is the line between new race and allied race. Would Orgre be an allied race or new race if they are to become playable?
    Allied Races are independent factions of current races within the Alliance and Horde.

The exception being the Nightborne and Void Elves.

So with that in mind, there really isn't any transparent line between "allied race" and "new playable race" that I can see. Who knows what we will see down the pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Seeing those Sethrak animations makes me want one more than anything

Vulpera would be an acceptable second, though
    Seeing the Sethrak all I can think about is this:
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2017-11-18 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    From the races that make sense as allied race, I wanted the most a Wildhammer Dwarf. Disappointed that Dark Iron goes first, but still hoping Wildhammer will be added at some point. Second most wanted race would be Vrykul, but not sure if it qualifies as "allied race", they aren't exactly "a type of human" rather their predecessor, like Trolls are predecessors of Elves in Warcraft lore.
    Wildhammer would probably be best served by just giving Ironforge Dwarves a Tattoo set option, really the same for any of the old Orc clans except for maybe Shattered Hand (since they're supposed to be lanky and gangly), it would be less work and thus more likely

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orges!! You have to add Ogres to this pole!!

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Wildhammer would probably be best served by just giving Ironforge Dwarves a Tattoo set option,
    Maybe, but lorewise a Dwarf Shaman makes more sense to be Wildhammer than just "Bronzebeard Dwarf with tattoos", still if they went this route to save resources on designing new racials, I would still take it.

No fox people in poll? dissapointed

Deleted
    Surprised at the demand for Vrykul and Orc subraces

5+ Year Old Account
    I -really- like the female Vrykul models. They look amazing and I deeply want to play them. Most of the rest of the races I don't really care about one way or the other.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I -really- like the female Vrykul models. They look amazing and I deeply want to play them. Most of the rest of the races I don't really care about one way or the other.
    I think going forward it's far more likely we'll see races that we've already encountered rather than new ones out of the blue, so who knows?