Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    It has been talked about. A lot.

Regardless, it seems like a vast majority of people are just proving him right with the outcry for changes from QoL to balancing classes.

If those types of changes go through, then people's arguments for why vanilla was better just fall apart. Since it'd essentially be the same game but just stuck with old raids.
    Vast majority of people are fine with Legion and I really don't see why they're suddenly interested in Classic. Some are open in their ideas that they don't really want classic and want a "pristine" server so they're pushing hard to shape classic into one. And this is understandable as the vast majority won't play the classic WoW nowadays, the same way the vast majority won't play Arcanum or Wizardry 8. So now it remains to be seen if blizzard caves in once more or it sticks to the actual vanilla and the questions is only in the version of vanilla.
    Last edited by Wiedzemir; 2017-11-18 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Just because people playing Legion enjoy their QoL changes doesn't mean we need to make Vanilla into Legion 2.0.

Vanilla is going to be Vanilla, The good and the bad, If you don't enjoy that it simply isn't meant for you.
    It needs more than just the dedicated few to stay alive though. If it's pure vanilla the chances of wow classic being a thing a year or two from launch is pretty slim. Player retention is going to be awful, as proven by Nostalrius. I want to have a totally untampered experience for the most part, as I've said 20 million times, the only thing I want is free talent resets at the class trainer, so that I can actually tolerate playing as a healer. (read previous comments for my valid, strong argument about it).

That's what I want. What I want, and what the game needs to actually survive are separate things. I don't want all the changes that people are crying out for, but if you want to be back on corrupt, thieving private servers again within 2 years, you better start understanding why it can't be pure vanilla. If 80+% of the players leave within a year, which is the number achieved by the biggest, most successful private server on history, it kinda paints a gloom picture does it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    people asking for changes are obviously present times players that never actually experienced vanilla. they consider classic another expansion, next to battle for azeroth, and want all todays quality of life improvements implemented.

because people that want true vanilla experience, exactly how it used to be, went to play on private servers and would be happy with the game as it was
    Recent survey showed people do not want QoL changes. What the hell are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    It needs more than just the dedicated few to stay alive though. If it's pure vanilla the chances of wow classic being a thing a year or two from launch is pretty slim. Player retention is going to be awful, as proven by Nostalrius. I want to have a totally untampered experience for the most part, as I've said 20 million times, the only thing I want is free talent resets at the class trainer, so that I can actually tolerate playing as a healer. (read previous comments for my valid, strong argument about it).

That's what I want. What I want, and what the game needs to actually survive are separate things. I don't want all the changes that people are crying out for, but if you want to be back on corrupt, thieving private servers again within 2 years, you better start understanding why it can't be pure vanilla. If 80+% of the players leave within a year, which is the number achieved by the biggest, most successful private server on history, it kinda paints a gloom picture does it not?
    Blizzard themselves stated that whatever the population they'll still support the classic servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Blizzard themselves stated that whatever the population they'll still support the classic servers.
    Blizzard say // Blizzard do

Don't be naive. We all know that if minimal amount of people are active, and the time spent / money generated don't match up, it will close. That, or it will become a micro-transaction driven mess. Both are bad, both should be avoided, and the only way to achieve that is to make it more catered to the masses, thus, putting a few subtle QoL changes in.

Vanilla with a few tweaks to make it playable for more people is still better than a pure vanilla server with less players, or a private server that could fuck you over and shut down at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Blizzard say // Blizzard do

Don't be naive. We all know that if minimal amount of people are active, and the time spent / money generated don't match up, it will close. That, or it will become a micro-transaction driven mess.
    Lets be real here the upkeep cost once the servers are running is going to be extremely minimal, They won't close and there certainly won't be micro-transactions pushed into it.

Nosts numbers were 150k over a 10 day period (opposed to the 30 day standard), Given the fact that there's numerous drawbacks to playing on a private server, Not to mention the severe lack of advertisement for one the official server is definitely going to have a suitable playerbase.

The arguments are getting rather tiring now, Going from "You're never going to get official servers" to "You're not going to like vanilla" to "People won't continue playing", It's silly and you know it.

People like different things and there's certainly enough room in the past 100 million WoW subscribers for those who enjoyed Vanilla.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    When it turns out more players will play and stick with vanilla long term over current wow? I know, I know... ridiculous notion.

Well.. "You think it won't.. but it will."
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

Oh, I needed that laugh.

Do you really think more people are going to want to play a version of the game that's 12 years old, than current? Do you really think the world is full of millions of people waiting to play WOW, but not doing it because it's not Classic/Vanilla?

Come on, use your brain. And remember, the highest subscription count was during Wrath. Not Classic, not BC.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    The threads asking for changes to vanilla is a testament to that statement.
    Dno, it feels like people who want changes are those who never even wanted vanilla and are now feeling like 'well, if you're gonna do this, better do it my way'.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    And he was right. He announced it so that after Classic is stabilized with 100k regulars he can say "I told you so".
    If you're talking about the concurrent players peak, 100k is an optimistic assessment imho.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

people asking for changes are obviously present times players that never actually experienced vanilla. they consider classic another expansion, next to battle for azeroth, and want all todays quality of life improvements implemented.
    I played Vanilla and I ask for changes. Time to expand your two-bit worldview, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I played Vanilla and I ask for changes. Time to expand your two-bit worldview, buddy.
    Then you Played Vanilla, but don't want Vanilla.
    I can point you in the direction where things were changed, it's called Legion soon to be Battle for Azaroth

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    Well let's say 1 million people really wanted a Classic server. They ask for it and get "you think you do but you don't" in return.
    It isn't even close to 1 million people.

The most people logging in concurrently on the Nost servers was a little over 10k people. With 100k active accounts. Which means that it wasn't even close to a million people that would play the classic wow experience for free. To say they were slammed with 1 million people begging for classic is an unfounded statement boarding on delusional.

Not many are asking for Legion level QoL changes. They're asking for things like better graphic, which is client side and shouldn't ever destroy the classic experience many want. This matters a lot to many people who can't stand going back to old games because they look like shit. I never finished Final Fantasy 7 because I can't go back and play that blocky slow game. It just takes me right out of the experience and immersion of the game.

Another example is that shamans had to retrain two-handed weapon skill every time they respeced. This was fixed in a later patch in classic, so why not just not have that in the game from the start? The list can go on and on... I've seen some crazy suggestions, but many just want it to be playable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    It isn't even close to 1 million people.

The most people logging in concurrently on the Nost servers was a little over 10k people. With 100k active accounts.
    Pulling inaccurate numbers out of your ass does nothing to support your argument.

Nosts own infographic states them having 13,100 players online concurrantly at peak on weekdays and 150k active accounts through a 10 day period.

Vanilla servers were only handling around 2500 concurrantly.
    Yeah.

Deleted
    isnt it extremely ironical that classic WoW this year was announced by j. allen brack ? the very same that said infamous 'you think you do, but you dont' phrase ?
    clearly mocking the person asking a question (about legacy servers) as if he was too stupid to gather group other way than dungeon finder

im not sure what was blizzard thinking, but i would cut him off from anything vanilla related at least from PR side of things

i find it offensive and disrespectful to whole WoW community, especially those who wanted legacy servers

heres the link to full video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wrw3c2NjeE
    Fitting theme song for this thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuNhTLVgV2Y

On the contrary, i think it was an excellent pr decision to have him be the one to face the crowd he previously denied, and announce they're finally gonna be getting what "they think they want, but dont".

Here you are though, being a snowflake, claming to be offended and whatnot.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-11-18 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    Then you Played Vanilla, but don't want Vanilla.
    I can point you in the direction where things were changed, it's called Legion soon to be Battle for Azaroth
    First, get off the No True Scotsman fallacy. It has been trampled into geologic depths by now.

Second, the statement I challenged was

people asking for changes are obviously present times players that never actually experienced vanilla
    and whether or not I want Vanilla has no bearing on how ridiculously false that is. You lot fail at the simplest reading comprehension, let alone debating skills, just spewing the same few lines over and over.

I find it amusing that your forum handle is shorthand for a phrase that is symbolic for stupidity in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Because it needs to be worked on...unless you're trying to tell me private servers have no staff at all?
    Private servers have custom code... not even Blizzard server code emulating the vanilla experience.

Blizzard has.. every single working build that ever was. They could have the janitor copy the files over and reboot each patch.

Pulling inaccurate numbers out of your ass does nothing to support your argument.

Nosts own infographic states them having 13,100 players online concurrantly at peak on weekdays and 150k active accounts through a 10 day period.

Vanilla servers were only handling around 2500 concurrantly.
    That's why I said a "little over". You know what that means or are you terrible with the English language? It's also FARRRRR more accurate than saying 1 million. FFS.

Now you're making shit up. Nost servers could hold way more than 2500. There are screenshots around that prove that.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    That's why I said a "little over". You know what that means or are you terrible with the English language? It's also FARRRRR more accurate than saying 1 million. FFS.

Now you're making shit up. Nost servers could hold way more than 2500. There are screenshots around that prove that.
    TIL 150k is a "little over" 100k.
    Yeah.

TIL 150k is a "little over" 100k.
    Closer than 1 million, ROFL!