Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    I really hope your just trolling and your not really this fucked in the head have respect for peoples dead loved ones.

You do realize that assisted suidice is an actual medical option in places and doctors are fine with it right?
    Are they? Are you their personal shrink?

Preservation of society. Society doesn't function as well as it could when its people are injured/sick. People are naturally going to get injured and sick anyway. But these laws add another incentive to stay away from harmful habits and behaviors that could put people at risk.

If you want full freedom then you're going to have to go off the grid.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Because this is earth and reality and we try not to allow those who aren't well to injure or kill themselves.
    Is me not wanting you to decide what my body must endure or not the excuse you will use to be able to do just that by declaring I am "not well"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Are they? Are you their personal shrink?
    There are plenty of doctors out there that are. go attack someone else.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Is me not wanting you to decide what my body must endure or not the excuse you will use to be able to do just that by declaring I am "not well"?
    Yes, you aren't well, and as a society we don't allow those that don't know any better to injure or kill themselves.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    There are plenty of doctors out there that are. go attack someone else.
    So no? So you really have no idea what the emotional strain is on someone who is required to regularly end the lives of others.

Yes, you aren't well, and as a society we don't allow those that don't know any better to injure or kill themselves.
    K. How are you going to "not allow" me? Going to shelter me, give me food, clothes, etc? I can send you a link for your donations to ensure I don't injure or kill myself. Or you can simply lock me up and spend your money on me as you see fit to ensure I don't injure or kill myself. I scream really loud when I am "injured" though, might want to make sure that the room you place me in is sound proof.

15+ Year Old Account
    So no? So you really have no idea what the emotional strain is on someone who is required to regularly end the lives of others.
    In the context of ending of a life knowing your ending someones suffering I dout there would be much strain unless said doctor is doing it against their own will which I have never heard of such a thing happening.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Die with dignity? Can't be that serious about ending it than. Sounds more like an attention seeking exercise. If he had really wanted to end it there was nothing that could have stopped him. Guess he just didn't want it enough?
    Go spew your bile elsewhere you fucking insensitive idiot.

Your posts seem like an attention seeking exercise.

10+ Year Old Account
    K. How are you going to "not allow" me? Going to shelter me, give me food, clothes, etc?
    Yep, we can strap your ass down and pump you full of thorazine if needed to calm your ass the fuck down, until we work out your issues.

I can send you a link for your donations to ensure I don't injure or kill myself.
    No why don't you go ahead and shoot me your home address and phone number, along with your closest relatives

Or you can simply lock me up and spend your money on me as you see fit to ensure I don't injure or kill myself.
    Yep we can make the sads go away.

I scream really loud when I am "injured" though, might want to make sure that the room you place me in is sound proof.
    Oh no we have special tools and restraints to keep you from harming yourself, it's a blast, trust me you will be safer than a baby in it's mother's arms *open arms* come child!

Suicide is illegal. Recreational drugs (sans alcohol) are illegal. Not wearing a seat-belt in an automobile is illegal. Abortion is illegal in many places.

Why do societies want to decide what other people's bodies must endure or not? What is the mentality behind this? I think I might be a sociopath, I don't want to decide what anyone's body must endure or not.
    Becuase a lot of these might affect others. Drugs might make you do stupid stuff and I might have to pay if you get yourself injured while not wearing a seatbelt. I also might have invested in you buy paying for your education and I want to make sure that you don't waste that by getting yourself killed.

K. How are you going to "not allow" me? Going to shelter me, give me food, clothes, etc? I can send you a link for your donations to ensure I don't injure or kill myself. Or you can simply lock me up and spend your money on me as you see fit to ensure I don't injure or kill myself. I scream really loud when I am "injured" though, might want to make sure that the room you place me in is sound proof.
    Society does not care about you as a person. You're simply human capital and it would be a waste to just let you end your life when they can simply fill you up with meds and put you back into society where you can work until you die. Just look at how much money is "invested" into you by the means of education et cetera.

Yep, we can strap your ass down and pump you full of thorazine if needed to calm your ass the fuck down, until we work out your issues.
    You are a sick person.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2017-11-18 at 12:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Governments need people too be alife to rule the country don't they?
    How on earth are you going to get high GDP if people don't work and breed but spend time on useless and dangerous activities?
    Especially young peope need to be controlled to let tem grow, study and become someone, otherwise the talented will just die along with the dumb, and who's gonna work for the country than?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Wait what? I'm pretty sure there would be less drug dealers if the drugs weren't illegal in the first place.
    This is 100% true.

Doesn't change that the old sentiment is to make the purchase illegal to drain the drug lords from customers. That it doesn't work, we all know. But that's their reasoning.

No why don't you go ahead and shoot me your home address and phone number, along with your closest relatives

Yep we can make the sads go away.

Oh no we have special tools and restraints to keep you from harming yourself, it's a blast, trust me you will be safer than a baby in it's mother's arms *open arms* come child!
    Wonderful. I won't have to work anymore, thanks! By all means, take over, Mr. Moneybags!

Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    Go spew your bile elsewhere you fucking insensitive idiot.

Your posts seem like an attention seeking exercise.
    Oh noes, why won't everyone support my need to put the burden of my death onto other people. Such a meany. Your small mind thinks its insensitive to be prevented from killing yourself but lacks the foresight to see that you don't need any law to hold your hand to achieve this, its just that you lack to will power to make it happen. You know whats cute, that you think there is no coercion involved in assisted suicide, yet even the doctors suggesting to a person that they can end the pain by killing themselves is coercion as any sane person would do whatever they could to ease their suffering. That doesn't even begin to delve into coercion from family members.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonderful. I won't have to work anymore, thanks! By all means, take over, Mr. Moneybags!
    Well whenever you need pumpkin. No you won't need to work anymore, you are correct. Nevermind you will be ward of the state and under constant supervision and psychotropic drugs if all other therapy fails so you aren't a danger to yourself or anybody else.

Yes, how dare she ask another human being to take her life because shes to much of a coward to OD herself. I genuinely can't wait for the inevitable "serial killer doctors" media piece at some point in the future. There are already doctors now that take lives against people's will, legalising it is going to make for some grand stories.
    What kind of childish reasoning is that? The vast majority of people who have to fall back on assisted suicide are those who are terminally ill from something that will rob them of their mental and bodily faculties, making it impossible for them to commit suicide. The alternative is to either let (force) them live and die from months of pure torture and indignity, or let a professional prepare a lethal dose of whatever will make them simply fall asleep.

Have you ever been witness to the last stages of no-return cancer or Alzheimer? I bet you were not.

Someone who is depressed will not get assisted suicide granted anyway. Wherever it's possible to get it, it always involves multiple doctors and psychologists. It's not something you can get from going to the pharmacy.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2017-11-18 at 12:30 PM.

Well whenever you need pumpkin. No you won't need to work anymore, you are correct. Nevermind you will be ward of the state and under constant supervision and psychotropic drugs if all other therapy fails so you aren't a danger to yourself or anybody else.
    MMM, drugs! Sign me up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    You are a sick person.
    No, sick is when a person wants to kill themselves and people shrug and say "Meh why not let them" Since they are of no value and not my problem. Sometimes people get broken and need to find a way to get fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

MMM, drugs! Sign me up!
    Yep. Taxes well spent to keep you safe